V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

2010 Navigation Update Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 2010 Navigation Update Question

I currently have a 2008 G35X with Blutooth and Navi. I was wondering if the software update will allow my car to have the Zagat rating feature as well as the streaming bluetooth audio feature to be added to my navigation. I've called Infiniti as well as my local dealership and nobody seems to know. I really want these two features and based on my assumptions these are simply software based upgrades; I'm aware that I cant have the physical upgrades the new navigation system has. Please let me know.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the question is, will the update also update the OS on your cars nav computer.
to get the features you want, it is software. but your car doesn't have the blue tooth profile in its stack.

the update might just update the map data file and leave the OS the same.
OR it could update the whole OS.

ask the dealer if the update will erase ALL of you settings, if the answer is yes, then i bet the update refreshes the entire OS, and might add drivers. if the answer is no, then its just the map data file and no new features will be added.

also see if there is a different update for the 07 08 and 09 cars.
IF the update is different then it might not update the OS.
if the update is the same. then they are using one OS image for all the cars.

the 08-09 cars are different because of the IPOD connector.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The update updates maps and points of interest only.

"Get accurate directions to wherever you travel including new roads, new sub-divisions, and current addresses. New and expanded coverage in over 50 cities, counties and metropolitan areas across the continental United States and Canada. You can confidently drive through unfamiliar or recently changed areas. This latest edition provides an updated list of Points of Interest to help you find the way to where you want to go quickly and "

Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Are you positive about this? I will be very disappointed.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:29 AM
The italics shown are direct "copy & paste" from navigation.com.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 PM
the newer software is designed to work with the higher res screen that they are putting in the car

I dont know if the operating system for 2010 cars will be compatible with the 2007-2009 cars....but dont quote me on that.

although when they do navi updates, they dont update the whole OS.....just the maps....but who knows if the zagat system will be implimented for upgrade when the 2010 map CD comes out for older units to update (maps and POI only).

Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
sorry they want to make sure you buy a new car or wont get any software at all.. sorry igor

Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Are you sure its only the maps? In my 2007, Bluetooth was not working correctly with my Android phone. The audio was garbled coming in and there was no sound going out. After getting the Nav system updated to the 10/11 version acouple days ago, the Bluetooth works fine. Unless there was also a separate OS patch they installed... Regarding A2DP though I see no option for that, my phone does not detect that capability, and the Auxiliary input button still has the same options when you toggle through them (and I assume that this is where you would select the bluetooth option as an audio input).

Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by brandon_mol
Are you sure its only the maps? In my 2007, Bluetooth was not working correctly with my Android phone. The audio was garbled coming in and there was no sound going out. After getting the Nav system updated to the 10/11 version acouple days ago, the Bluetooth works fine. Unless there was also a separate OS patch they installed... Regarding A2DP though I see no option for that, my phone does not detect that capability, and the Auxiliary input button still has the same options when you toggle through them (and I assume that this is where you would select the bluetooth option as an audio input).
So how much did you end up spending on the map update and install? And do you think it was worth it (extensive changes, etc.)?

Old 02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I paid $140 for the map from navteq, and paid the dealer $125 to install it, which is rediculous... This is in Canada, too, by the way. So service rates may vary by region.

Whether its worth it would depend a lot on where you live. Nav system map data has improved significantly in Canada over the last 4 years - in larger US cities there may not be as much difference. Also, the original data was not provided by navteq. Navteq provides the data that Garmin uses in their nav units. If you have the factory installed 06/07 map data its probably worth it to do it now that the data is 4 years old. To me it was worth it for sure considering my phone works in the car now.

Prior to the update the maps were all wrong in my city (Edmonton), and now they are up to date and there is even lane guidance data here, which my TomTom did not have in Canada.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:38 PM
may look into doing this..

Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 AM
i'd say its worth it...i'd do it in a heartbeat

Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my 07 updated and I'm not at all impressed. I still use my Garmin most of the time. There were no advantages to the update in my opinion. If you are living in a larger market, u might get better results, but no other things were affected.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Nab update

I was at Markham Infiniti (in Toronto, Canada) today and asked the very question everyone wants to know. The service manager said that a navteq update key would only update my maps and not the car's OS. I had a loaner g25x while I had other work done and the new system is much improved - no more nagging voice prompts on everything. Too bad spending $300 for the maps and dealer install doesn't improve much for me. They still didn't have building scale on the nab in the 2011 loaner, so I'm thinking the upgrade isn't worth it. Better to spend $300 on eibachs!

Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Forgive me if I am intruding on your forum igor1080, but your thread is the closest I came to the problem I am having, and the most recent.

Here is my issue. I just bought an upgrade CD for the Navi. Turns out I might not need it because when I tried to put the CD in, it won't go in (something is in the DVD unit, I am guessing), but when I press eject button, NOTHING is happening. Therefore I bought the CD upgrade thinking that it was empty (my luck would have it X( I was wrong). So how do I eject the CD from DVD unit for Navi?
Oh and of course, when I open Navi screen, it is blank, nothing comes up on it. It doesn't respond to any Navi buttons.

I am desperate, please help!!!!
and forgive if I am in the wrong forum. Redirect me if I am.

Last edited by muhtish; 06-13-2011 at 06:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Navigation Update Question