SCAMMER "EricIsKlumzyee" is back and selling again?? WTF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Eric contacted me via PM requesting that I call him, which I will do later tonight or tomorrow when I have time.

As for opening a dispute with my CC like he stated, yes, I did try to open a claim. Initially I was told that I waited WAY too long to open the claim (I waited a while because I was still trying to resolve the problem with Eric directly, before he disappeared into thin air). Eventually I was told that because i took too long to open the claim, and even they couldnt get a hold of eric, that they couldnt help me.

as for the $$ amount, yes the parts I bought from Eric were $290 impul side from a holiday sale. But I also paid another 300 for paint/install from GarageINC in Burlingame, only to find out that they fit like absolute **** which is why I tried to have them replaced.

I did ask for extra compensation because even if he replaced them ID HAVE TO PAY TO GET THEM PAINTED AGAIN! it wasnt GarageINCs fault that his kit didnt fit, they shouldnt have to do the work again for free. So I was trying to work something out to compensate for the total of 600 i would pay for paint/install. Eventually we agreed that it would be fair if he sent some pre-painted sides that GarageINC was NICE enough to say they would install for free since installation is quick.

Well after waiting for months with numerous excuses including things like blaming WEATHER for not having made new sides yet (are you doing this outdoor?) or waiting a month to ship after they are done so the paint can cure (this might be a legit reason). I eventually received two skirts for the SAME SIDE!!!! WOW!

I tried to get him to just send me a skirt for the side im missing, or refund my money, or find another way to come to an agreement, but at this point Eric was MIA.

You can all defend him if you want, Bad business is bad business.

Why cant he just tell us all what happened and why he disappeared???

I will call you later Eric. Even though it took 2 years I sincerely DO appreciate you stepping up and taking responsibility here. And I sincerely DO hope you can straighten this all out. Im not hating just to hate.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Coming up next on Days of our Lives....

Pretty simple, do business with him, or don't.

The following users liked this post:
c_morse (06-14-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
I'd just like to personally thank Jeezus for his post in this thread.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
I do believe the forum is a good place to discuss this. However, it should be done with some civility.
French87 was scammed out of some hard earn money. He has a right to be made whole. He did try to rectify this situation privately. Also, it is good that he warns others about the scammer. I would like to know if the person I am giving my money to has scammed others in the past. Bob, I know you would also.
it does not sound like this situation had resolved (ie French is still out $600). Once, this is corrected, then French can (and should) make another thread to restore the scammer's reputation.
So far things sound like facts, not libels.
I do not want to be part of a board where the mods allow scamming of its members by clamping down on free speech. That is what brings a forum down.

FWIW, I do own a business. When things go wrong, I step up and make things right, even if that means losing money. I like to believe that this action will reflect well on me in the long run. My word is good and in my world, a handshake is binding.

Originally Posted by Bob.On.Whidbey
Some certainly can't live without drama.

You like calling people out, but want to vent in a public forum rather than discuss your concerns privately like adults.

This isn't a place where decisions are going to made by "mob rule" or by public concensus.

The mods and admins (of which I was one for a couple of years) have explained how this vendor and it's employees came to be here. Droning on about it accomplishes nothing. I don't get it. I can tell you from personal experience that this topic was ground down to finest detail before this decision was reached. Believe it or not, the people running this site (admins and mods) worry about YOU and try to keep the business out of sight. It's a hard job, and no one is getting paid.

Modding alone is a full time deal. You actually have to forget to enjoy the site sometimes to do it effectively. Hard decisions. So much drama.

Eric - best of luck man and I hope you work your way back to the position you once held in these forums. People tend to forget all the good and focus on the bad when they really have no idea where the responsibility actually lies.

The face of a company isn't always the one pulling the strings guys. Keep that in mind as you bitch about what MIGHT happen. If something happens, deal with it. Until then, let it go. If you don't have a personal issue to deal with then all you're doing is sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong.

As one above said - the exit is in the top right (or left for the macs). Use it if you're so inclined but please stop acting like a bunch of high schoolers. You bring the forum down.

Jeezus.

Last edited by S2020; 06-14-2011 at 06:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by S2020:
GeeGirl82 (06-14-2011), GeeWillikers (06-14-2011), SER-G35 (06-15-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by French87
as for the $$ amount, yes the parts I bought from Eric were $290 impul side from a holiday sale. But I also paid another 300 for paint/install from GarageINC in Burlingame, only to find out that they fit like absolute **** which is why I tried to have them replaced.
I don't mean to be an *** here, but how would you not have the parts test fit before going through all of the trouble of finishing and painting them.

These were fiberglass, no? I don't even know that much about paint and body and I know that normally fiberglass requires at least a little additional massaging to fit properly to a car, and that happens before paint.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
^ THAT sux man.. sorry to hear about ur issues with the stuff u bought.

quick question though.. shouldn't the body shop have test fit the aftermarket skirts and called u to tell you that they don't fit correctly, and before they paint them, you should try and get a replacement or a refund..sounds like they are part to blame as well..

The body shop that I use, R and J Auto, test fit my parts and if they don't fit correctly, they let me know. that way, i don't get screwed for painted parts that don't fit.

Any how... Just to let you know, I am not defending Eric nor am I defending you, I'm just another forum member adding my $.02 .. and it's probably not even worth that..

HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR U MAN..!!

Old 06-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
I never taken anyones money into my own pockets however it might as well been the same from a 3rd persons point of view.

Heres some main points about what happened
When I started doing this I never intended it to be full time actually it never became full time until I had the K2 and Inven Bumper made.. It's actually called the KO Front (My full name is Eric Ko) which was probably why it took some time for someone to start selling it again lol. (My part numbers are KO, K1, K2, KA, KB, etc..)

Before that I had a partner who was already in the business via ebay and sold OEM replicas to bodyshops.

In short my partner skipped out and took off to another country - I have not seen him or heard of him since. And if I do I have a sweet bill for him to pay.

So partner skips out all information numbers, accounts, lease, was under his name. Once CC companies found out the account owner was not present I no longer had access to the accounts. To skip a long story without being able to see who ordered what I informed everyone who had an order to do a chargeback. While I didnt have access to Google Checkout I'd still get a email if people did a chargeback so thats how I kept little track of what I can. Originally I posted this information publicly but people someone who received their orders also decided to do a charge back so I took it down and contacted people via PM.. Which was why EricIsKlumzyee was never banned. Now while my CC company didn't release funds to people not part of the account they sure didn't mind tagging me with the bill for chargebacks.. Anwyays EricIsKlumzyee was only banned in 2010 when someone (dont even reply to this.. -.-) decided to make a point that I had open For Sale threads in the vendor section and thats when I made Klumzyee with IB's okay and then 'resigned' Klumzyee as a former vendor.

When I saw French87's request for chargeback on Google I just left it alone and figure he'd get his money back with another million things going on I didn't bother to double check with everyone.

The final agreement with French was I was going to send him painted sides and a free chargespeed rear (as long as he paid for shipping, $150 on the chargespeed rear).

So since 05 I've had 1 (razor01) unsatisfied customer, who still had the KS Rear on lol. Until 2009

- Eric

Last edited by BAUSauto; 06-14-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Also appreciate the moderators trying to clear everything up. Please keep this thread open if anyone has any questions they can just ask it here Private Message or call..

I handle about a dozen orders right now per week on the forums, many from members with 0-10 posts or they googled the thread and called. Our forum pricing is exclusive and takes a lot of time and attention to keep running which is why CarBodyKits asked me, with my history and knowledge about the G35s to be on the forum and represent them.

Today alone we've sold 3 sedan bumpers, one to will call, invidia test pipes, and a coupe sideskirt. And all orders are handled personally by myself or the staff of carbodykits. All orders are given a Invoice via e-mail and tracking number sent automatically via Fed-Ex when shipped. So yes if I were to get abducted by evil leprechauns today you can contact CarBodyKits for your order, actually you can do that now if you have an order you can dial the number on your .pdf invoice =).

And to answer you quote Lawrence/JustMyRide, Yes I do a number of other cars include BMWs E90, E92, E82, E60, and working on the new F-10. As well as 4th and 5th Gen Camaro, and VW MKV.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/carbodykits

Just took a Bently Convertible to DTM Autobody in El Monte, CA to get painted!

- Eric

Last edited by BAUSauto; 06-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Haha I remember when all that stuff happened.

brb would not ever give this clown a penny.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:06 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
I'll give my $.02 as well.

I never did business with Eric before and most people I've talked to that had done business with him in the past had NO issues whatsoever.

But even now, the "reputable" vendors here have been known to do shady things in hopes that people don't relay the situation to the "victim" (so to speak). Its always about money in the end and what someone thinks they can get away with to pull one over on an individual.

I have had ONE good SOLID transaction with a vendor here when it comes to body modifications. All the others had some kind of issue and it took more effort than it should have to resolve them.

Personally, I probably will make an attempt to source any other body mods outside of this forum due to things that have been said and done to other members.

I wish you luck Eric, with the new job and hopefully you can bring your company some income.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by French87
But I also paid another 300 for paint/install from GarageINC in Burlingame, only to find out that they fit like absolute **** which is why I tried to have them replaced.

I did ask for extra compensation because even if he replaced them ID HAVE TO PAY TO GET THEM PAINTED AGAIN! it wasnt GarageINCs fault that his kit didnt fit, they shouldnt have to do the work again for free.

Good shops should and will always test fit and make proper adjustment prior to painting. It's not the shops fault they didn't fit but it IS their fault they didn't test fit prior to spraying the sides, that's not Erics fault.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
At the time, Eric GAURUNTEED fitment, don't guarantee your fitment if you can't back your claims and parts require extra work to fit properly. But yeah, the shop probably still should have test fit the parts.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
I hate to be called Eric on this forum right about now...

Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
Actually. Guaranteed means if it doesn't fit, they will replace it or give u your money back.. It doesn't mean u paint it first.. as u know now.. allll parts.. any vendor... even if they guarantee fitment.. you still have to test fit before paint.. luckily i didn't paint any of my parts before install.. i went through 3 sets of sides before i got a set to fit...

Old 06-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ nothing wrong with that I was omw to painting a pair of impul sides and sending it to him before everything went to **** -sort to say lol.

But yeah in the past I've always covered an additional bodywork their bodyshop would charge, partial discount, or even given a way plenty of parts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SCAMMER "EricIsKlumzyee" is back and selling again?? WTF