West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Idyllwild cruise meet/cruise PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idyllwild cruise meet/cruise PICS

We had a blast! The cruise to Idyllwild from Temecula was awesome. Only 6 cars, but we had a great time. Nice meeting you all, Mike, Glenn, Mike, Ray, and Sean. We need to do this again [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img].

A few more pix on link below.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287829065

------------------------
Mod: Borla exhaust / Nismo sway bar / Z duct / Amsoil air filter [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Re: Idyllwild cruise meet/cruise PICS

Yeah! That was a great drive! The scenery from Temecula to Idyllwild was great and it sure turned a lot of heads along the way - including a huge group of bikers on the way back.

Kinda funny how that CHP popped out right at the end and started to follow us - just AFTER we'd just gotten the cars up to triple-digits and settled back down.

I'll post a couple of pics tomorrow or Monday...

- Mike

Old 02-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes indeed that was a great drive very thrilling to say the least. The twisties going up to and from Idyllwild was just excellent. I was on third gear all the way with the wife hanging on for dear life. I had to backoff a little cus she was just getting to scared. That last straight away just before we saw the cop coming out of the gas station we easily hit 130mph. I slide a few times on some of the turns the goodyear gs-a was just to damn slippery. I didn't get out of control had to backoff a little, but man that was a rush. It's times like this that I wish I had some aftermarket rims and tires on my car. Sean thanks again for lunch, this guy without saying anything to anybody paid for everyones lunch. A very nice and kind gesture don't worry man we got your back next time around. Everyone had a blast and to be honest guys I can't wait to go on another run. So Ray, Mike just tell us when you guys want to start another drive maybe Julian or Palomar? Let's make all those people turn their heads again as we zoom by in a blur. LOL! Anyways, thanks again to everyone for having such a great drive.

<font color=blue>04 CB COUPE / WILLOW / PREM PACK</font color=blue>

Old 02-01-2004, 11:25 AM

Yeah, thanks again Sean (Shawn?). That was a very nice gesture... -Mike

Old 02-01-2004, 11:43 AM

Yeah Sean,
Thanks for lunch. It was quite a blast on the whole drive, especially on the way back. It was funny, as we where going through Anza I realized I was still going kinda fast and slowed down. Then all of a sudden there was the CHP. whewww!!
Yes, we will definitely have to go on another trip soon. Any new driver will have to pay for lunch though. lol. Or maybe I will catch lunch next time. Later guys, and thanks for the great time.

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 01:05 PM

Thanks guys,
No biggie for lunch, it was a small price to pay and well worth it to spend a little time with fellow G lovers, Even though I could've gotten a Z-tube or something instead! We'll have to do a trip to Julian or Palomar and maybe get a few more to join which I know are out there! We'll tell em' first timers get to buy the round of lunches! I learned a tremendous amount about my car from talking with you guys and I appreciated that! (I'm ecstatic about my windows....even though I know it will get old after a couple of weeks! LOL) Gnewbie, thanks for the pictures and I can't wait to see socals pics also. Gnewbie...We're going to have to talk about some different exterior mods so we don't look like twins...I will say you do have good taste!! Well, I hope to see you guys soon and maybe next time we won't get stuck behind all that slow traffic! Razor, make sure next time you tell your wife about your next mod or at least shred that receipt! and 6speed....get a real car! J/K, you do have a sweet ride and maybe next time we'll be able to keep up with ya! Talk to you later, and thanks again for the killer cruise, hopefully next time we'll be as lucky with the Police as we were this time. Good timing slowing it down guys!

Old 02-01-2004, 05:13 PM

I have to say that for my first cruise with a bunch of fellow G owners I didn't know what to expect. I guess the class of people that a vehicle like the G attracts speaks for itself. I can't remember having this much fun, and getting along with a group of newly meet people (friends) like we did. I can't wait to get out and do it again.

My wife truly had a great time. I think having my wife along kept me from getting into to much trouble (good thing I was in front). I think they (wifes) may work better than radar detectors. At least they start to let us know when they've had enough.

Sean (Shawn) Thanks man for lunch. I will get the next lunch. Once again you have afirmned that "G" owners have a lot of class.

The mix of cars was great. And you coupe guys think that all the sedans are slow. I had to dispell any notions that sedans are slow, so I thought the first corner out of Pechanga should be a lasting memory. I hit just over 100 mph on 79 south. The VDC off, sliding in second gear, and a good third gear chirp. Then to stop at the Chevron just up the street and have one of you tell me that there was a CHP going the other way. I truly never saw him. I guess he didn't see us either, or if he did he just shook his head and understood.

So when is the next cruise. It has to be at least a once a month thing. You guys set the date and Allyson and I will be there. BTW, Allyson and I stayed up in Idylwild for about another two hours. Then we stopped and looked at some Friesians on the way home in Garner Valley. Friesians are Allysons favorite horse. Maybe we can meet up at at the next SCCA event. There will be on on Sunday 2-15-04. Let me know if you want more details.

The next cruise we will have to try and get one of those "Kids" we talked about at lunch. Man did I feel old at that lunch table talking about my Lasik surgery and all. Oh yeah, I was the oldest one there (crap). Speaking of age Happy Birthday to Mike. You will join me at the top of the age group this week huh? It's not that bad.

The only thing that will have to change is amount of sedans. We need to get at least one more out to the next cruise. Can't wait to hear when it is.

Thanks Guys! (and wifes)

Base 6MT Silver sedan
Stillen Exhaust
Stillen CAI
Eibach Pro Kit
Eibach Sway Bars

Trending Topics

Old 02-02-2004, 07:49 PM

Mike, I second those sentiments. That was a great bunch of guys that clicked almost immediately. I too am looking forward to doing this again. I would like to suggest 2/21 as the next date(?). Feb 14 is probably out and the 15th is the SCCA stuff so the 21st is looking best. Of course if someone gets bored anytime between now and then I'm always ready to go!

Thanks for the B-day wishes. Next week I'll be joining you in the over-the-hill-gang. Instead of trying to keep up with the youngsters we'll just have to show them how it's done instead [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img].

Here's a couple more pics.

181899-IMGP0862.jpg

Old 02-02-2004, 07:49 PM

181900-IMGP0863.jpg

Old 02-02-2004, 07:50 PM

181901-IMGP0865.jpg

181902-IMGP0870.jpg

181903-IMGP0871.jpg

Old 02-02-2004, 07:51 PM

181904-IMGP0873.jpg

Old 02-02-2004, 07:51 PM

181905-IMGP0875.jpg

Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM

181907-IMGP0876.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Idyllwild cruise meet/cruise PICS