West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Any Phoenix Area G Drivers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Phoenix Area G Drivers?

I would love to try and form a Phoenix Meet...anyone in the Phoenix are interested??

Tony B. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
2003.5 G35 Caribbean Blue Sedan

Old 07-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Any Phoenix Area G Drivers?

Tucson here, but I would try to make it to any meet. There is an email list with about 30 AZ members I believe but it hasn't been very active. PM Sinurgy for more info if your interested. We did a Sedona run last November that was a blast. There was another meet/drive early in 04 that I wasn't able to make it to. If you want to try to set something up let me know and I will spread the word on the email list.

DG/G 6MT coupe, Borla exhaust, Stillen intake, Z aluminum pedals, clear corners

Old 07-19-2004, 11:51 PM

I'm originally from Tucson....What part of town are you in?? Did you grow up there???

Tony B. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2004, 03:47 PM

I’m in Chandler and nate’s right on. We have an email list that sinurgy can sign you up for. Plus, he’s working on a website that looks like it’s going to be really nice once he’s finished. Count me in for the next drive! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 07-20-2004, 07:37 PM

I'm on the east side, Speedway/Houghton area. I moved here about 2 years ago from Phoenix. Check out azgowners.com for some pics from our Sedona meet. The web site is still in development by sinurgy so there isn't a whole lot there yet.

DG/G 6MT coupe, Borla exhaust, Stillen intake, Z aluminum pedals, clear corners

Old 07-20-2004, 10:48 PM

Holy crap!! thats where I used to live....and my parents still live there. In fact I'm coming down there next weekend for my B-day to visit them. I'm going to go and take a look at the site you mentioned....hopefully the power wont go out. We've been dealing with rolling blackouts all day today.

Old 07-22-2004, 10:32 PM

hey guys! im in phx area... ahwatukke & tempe most the time!!! please set me up on this 'email list' i'd love to chill with some fellow g owners sometime!

Dagg

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I moved from Tucson to Phoenix just a couple of months ago. I lived around Houghton / Old Spanish Trail area and also in 49ers for a bit. I now live in Northern Glendale, Arrowhead area and would be up for a drive as soon as I get my hood painted and bumper replaced. The drive from Tucson to Phx took its toll when I was making it everyother weekend for 6 months and my hood/bumper looks like a triaining book for brail...

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int, K&N Typhoon CAI, Hyper Grounding Kit, Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium, Val 1.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:28 AM

Hey Triji....good to hear from you again! Didnt know that you lived near me in Glendale?? I'm in Bell-Air off 51st ave and Bell Rd. Are you still a DM for a Mattress Company?? Lastly where did you end up taking your G for the paint job??

Old 07-26-2004, 11:39 PM

Hi Tony... Cool looks like we are almost neighbors out here, I am in Arrowhead ranch off 67th and Utopia. Yeah I have been busy and am still the Ragional Sales Manager for a mattress company here in the valley. If anyone on G35 driver needs something PM and I will definately give you special attention when it comes to pricing... Cuz I can

I just found a house and moved in at the end of June from the rental I was in for 6 months off Happy Valley and I - 17... I am so glad I dont have to drive to Tucson every other weekend now to see my wife cuz that caused havoc on my "G" and I already have 18K miles on it since November. I was looking at getting the whole car painted a color shifting deep blue / purple but when I found out the loss of resale that I could incure by doing that I changed my mind. I am just going to fix the Twilight Blue that it is currently and try to hold its value. Especially since TB is being discontinued and it will be a rare color.

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int, K&N Typhoon CAI, Hyper Grounding Kit, Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium, Val 1.

Old 07-29-2004, 01:20 AM

I live in fountain hills. (yeah....I'm a newbie and this is my first post!!!) Sedona run sounds like fun. Has anyone driven out hwy 60 up towards pine top? Talk about FUN!!! I haven't had the g up their yet, but can't wait.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:47 AM

Welcome aboard, I was looking at buying in Ft. Hills actually but I only have one store there and would be to far outta the way for me, so I visit it once a week. )

I gotta take that drive to pinetop on 60 sometime on a Sat afternoon, how long of a drive is it.?

Old 07-30-2004, 01:27 AM

I know what you mean about FH. It is a little out of the way. The good part about it is there is very little traffic for me going back and forth to Tempe.

Drive to Pine top was around 3 hrs from Gilbert if I remember right. We took that route with 5 cars last year in Sept on our way to Dallas for the Super Street Tour to the NOPI Nationals. We had a blast. Looks like we will do it again this year, but with a few more cars. If I have the G done in time, I'll take it.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

I live way out in East Mesa right now, but I'm moving closer in soon.

There are quite a few really cool drives within an hour or so drive from Phoenix.

1. Globe Canyon - US60 out to globe. It's quick from the East Valley and there are a couple restaurants up there. Usually a few degrees cooler due to the elevation too.

2. Yarnell Hill (sp?) the backway to Prescott through Wickenburg. There are cops here and quite a few accidents have happened on this stretch of road, but it is pretty fun.
Prescott has a ton of restaurants and stuff to do as well, and it's a bit cooler than Phoenix.

3. 87 to Payson (used to be better). now it's just a super highway without the cool twisty sections. It used to be better before all the widening and everything, but still not bad. Payson has some nice restaurants, and if you go a little further you can hit some really nice weather up on the rim, say like Pine or Strawberry, or even up around Christopher Creek.

4. Globe to Tucson - went this way to Tucson once and it's a fun drive, there are some slow sections through some of the small towns, but it's a twisty, fun road that follows a river/creek/wash/whatever... Definitely the long way to Tucson from Phoenix (or vice versa) but it's twisty.

I'm sure there are others i'm forgetting too...

BTW, if you're in FH you should take FHB north up to Rio Verde, it's pretty cool back through there.

Justin @
EverythingG35.com

Old 08-19-2004, 05:42 PM

just remember to include me in your plans if you find yourself north of payson, globe or sedona.

I will make it to anything north like that.

I live in Holbrook and you can reach me at seannolden@frontiernet.net

I feel another Firebird day coming on in early September.

260 from camp verde to payson is kinda fun too. But you do got to get up to seriously illegal speeds to have that kinda fun

Better Life thru Chemistry
Black on Black 03.5 Sedan 6MT - Goodyear F1 GS-D3's 225/55/17, Custom Intake Tube, '03 "Z" Suspension, Magnaflow resonator, 6 Wire 4 Guage Grounding Kit