West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

bay area huper optik tint: what %?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bay area huper optik tint: what %?

Hi all, I'm probably gonna get my car tinted with Huper Optik at Automall tint factory in Fremont. I'm just trying to decide on how light/dark to go. Anyone who's got this done have pics online, or has a tint job I could see in person? Sidney recommend if possible to take a look at the tint on real cars in person. I'm in mountain view, cali.

Thanks for any help guys.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/black
Mountain View, CA

Old 09-06-2003, 07:49 AM
Re: bay area huper optik tint: what %?

How do you like this tint? I've been seeing quite a bit about it in the recent weeks. Also, does it carry a lifetime warranty?

Old 09-08-2003, 07:31 PM

Haven't gotten it yet, will get it this weekend. I found some pics on the web, try searching freshalloy for huper optik.

Will take some pics after I get it...getting 50% all around.

Mountain View, CA

Old 09-10-2003, 12:40 AM

Pictures would be appreciated, also your evaluation of the work done by them,
By the way where exactly in Fremont are these people located, I live in Fremont and would like to find a local installer, thanks!

Old 09-24-2003, 09:56 AM

Allowing me to see the process on you car persuaded me to have my car done also, Since my car is Ivory pearl I went a little darker than You did, 50% 40% and 30% front to back.
I am really happy with the results and the car has been a lot cooler inside, these past few days has been hot and it was a perfect time to test how much cooler the inside keeps, even the air conditioner seems to work a lot less,[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 10:39 AM

I had my car tinted by Auto Mall tint factory. After looking at the Huper Optik, I decided to get metallic on my IP. The Huper Optik has great qualities in terms of heat reduction, but I felt that it looks like standard tint. I did 20% and 35%. They did a good job.

Old 09-24-2003, 12:20 PM

Oh yeah, I can definitely feel a difference in terms of heat reduction, even on the 50% front windows. I was driving around one day and rolled the window down and my arm immediately got hot from the direct sunlight. Rolled the window back up and the direct sunlight was not a prob.

I sorta wish I had gotten it a little darker so it looked a little more slick, but in terms of visibility and not getting a ticket it's probably good I got it as light as I did.

The only thing I don't like so far is at night on the rear windshield you get an imaging effect from headlights, where the defogger lines directly above and below the headlight source reflect light at you. Sorta makes a vertical bar. It's liveable, but somewhat annoying. I'm *guessing* this will happen with any tint but I haven't asked Sidney about it yet.

South Bay Area, CA

Old 09-24-2003, 12:27 PM

You are right "newby35" The Huper Optik does blend in very well with the standard tint, that was one of the things that attracted me to this film, the other being th possibility of installing the satellite radio antenna under the rear window and still be able to get reception, metallic tint could be more of an interfering factor to the reception.
20% and 35% wow , nice end dark!

Old 09-25-2003, 11:20 PM

I ended up getting Huper Optik installed by Sidney too. 30% on rear windshield, rear quarters, and sunroof; 50% on front. Did a good job overall. But has anyone noticed any "ghosting" effect? How well is the tint sticking to the "dots"? - is it sticking completely or are there any air pockets?

Old 09-26-2003, 06:48 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the huper optic on my coupe since about May. No problems at all. It was perfect from day 1, even the dots!
I have seen posts on other boards about ghosting and not washing the windows for weeks after install, etc. I never heard about any of this from my installer nor have I had any problem. The product is great in my opinion, and really cuts the heat too.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much did they quote you to do the tinting? I got a quote for $350 from Mr Tint.

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio