Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Sevas Chrome peeling off??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by az1anbeethoven
^^no, you take it up with the company who sold it to you and not the manufacturer. Sevas is a wholesaler/manufacturer and they deal with dealers such as automotive mods. Automotive mods sells the wheels for a specified price that has nothing to do with Sevas. Basically said, lets say you bought an Ipod at Costco that was defective, do you take the Ipod back to Costco or do you take it back to APPLE? Of course, take it back to Costco where they will return it to APPLE for a refund.
Actually, if there are defects you take it up with apple, not costco

Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by az1anbeethoven
^^no, you take it up with the company who sold it to you and not the manufacturer. Sevas is a wholesaler/manufacturer and they deal with dealers such as automotive mods. Automotive mods sells the wheels for a specified price that has nothing to do with Sevas. Basically said, lets say you bought an Ipod at Costco that was defective, do you take the Ipod back to Costco or do you take it back to APPLE? Of course, take it back to Costco where they will return it to APPLE for a refund.
I understand your example but the Apple and Costco was a bad example because Costco is known for their warranty service/return policy. I have a friend who is a Costco manager who said someone returned an original Playstation (the one with the flip lid on the top) and Costco took it back and refunded all of the customer's money. This was sometime a last year.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea, maybe that was a bad example, but just trying to state the common procedure of returning wheels...it's to the shop you bought it from and not directly through the manufacturer...

Old 02-12-2008, 04:01 PM
As far as subpar, you guys need to realize that a majority of the subpar wheels come from 1 parent company, Intro. Intro... introforged...motoforged.... dpe... dtm autohaus... jline... etc are all not known for their quality and thusly subpar.

As far as iForged is concerned, please, take some time and research their company and wheels. You will find that many people have had problems with their wheels cracking. I will have a post up on my website soon in regards to iForged wheels actually soon. I will be sure to post here with the link.

Or if you want to check the website directly, www.importfactor.com

P.S. A quick google search will yield results such as, "iForgery" or "i****" and this is from BMW guys.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Atleast your Sevas wheels didn't crack...or atleast not yet. My best guess as to why these wheels aren't even instock with Sevas is because the China based company manufacturing these wheels has either been placed on hold or they are looking for a new manufacturer after the fiasco with the cracking S-22's and S-10. Just my guess...

The chrome on on Sevas wheels are definitely not on par with others, the set I seen in person was no where as smooth, clear and free of imperfections as the chrome on my 5zigens.

I had my wheels for almost over a year now and the chrome still look like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...x/DSC_0084.jpg
They have only been washed with the same soap I've used on my car.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I ran over a log on the highway going 70mph with my iForged wheels. *at night* Bent the shiat out of them, but they didn't crack. I was able to get them repaired w/o a problem.