Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Anyone Try These Camber Arms?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone Try These Camber Arms?

http://iapdirect.com/item.asp?invid=622

Just curious. I can't get a hold of Kinetix, and I need a set pretty badly. They come with adjustable toe cam bolts.

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, 19" Gram Light 57F Pro's, Hotchkis sways, Borla

Old 05-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Anyone Try These Camber Arms?

Thats a better price for the kit then I've been able to find. That's the correct way to adjust for toe, not with the radius arms they try to pass off as toe control arms. Factory does not adjust toe that way for a reason. If you need to adjust toe and the oem adjustment isn't enough, that is the kit to do it with.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 05-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I'll be able to save a couple hundred bucks and get 'better' adjustability.

Jim, is there any reason to get the other maker's toe and camber arms instead of these?

Old 05-26-2004, 05:56 PM

the toe cams arrived at my house today, and i already have the kinetix camber arms. i plan to get it aligned tomorrow, wo i will post with my experience. i talked to the manufacturer about the cams, and he said that they are good for an additional .5 degree of toe. i don't know how that will translate to camber, however.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:31 PM

It looks like the price on the site is for each arm so the cost will be somewhat similar to the jic and stillen arms but you still get the toe adjustability.

proto, sounds like you were able to get the toe cam separately. Could you please tell us how much? I might do the same thing as you and go with the kinetix camber rod with the SPC toe cam.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:14 PM

I don't know, that seems odd that they would sell it as each side. It says that it is a "kit," so I would hope that would mean both sides. If not, that stinks because I won't pay over $400 for camber arms. I called the manufacturer today, and found out some things (except for the pricing). The arms are very new and they are MIG welded instead of TIG welded. They also use rubber bushings very similar, if not identical to the sotck ones vs. polyurethane like the Kinetix arms. I am going to buy these if $220 is the price for both sides. I can't wait any longer for Kinetix to answer all of my phone calls, emails, and PM's. It's just ridiculous for a customer to beg the manufacturer to call him back just so he can place an order. I'll let you all know my findings. They seems to be good quality, and the company is pretty large.

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, 19" Gram Light 57F Pro's, Hotchkis sways, Borla

Old 05-26-2004, 09:38 PM

No, you were right. I just checked their homepage. It says one kit required for each wheel. I guess I won't get them.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:01 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

How much were the toe cam bolts by themselves?

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 05-27-2004, 01:23 AM

the toe cams were 45 bucks total.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:40 AM

Hey proto,
Let us know how the alignment goes. Is there any reason those to cams might not work the kinetix? If not, it looks like the kinetix camber arms and the toe cams for ~$265 may be the way to go.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:55 AM

Yeah, if you could ever get in touch with Kinetix. This is ridiculous. Anyone know of a good way to order some arms? If he can't respond to my phone calls, emails, or PM's, I am not sure I want to order the things on the internet. Who knows if I will ever get them or if it will be too late.

Old 05-27-2004, 03:59 PM

Hey Guys, I contacted IAP and they said the price of $219 is for both left and right together camber arms!! Woohoo

Old 05-27-2004, 10:00 PM

so do you need 2 sets or 1 to fully align the whole car?

Thanks....

Old 05-27-2004, 10:12 PM

Well, now I really don't know what to do. Kinetix FINALLY responded and said he would ship them out tomorrow if I wanted. Which ones should I go with???? Kinetix or the SPC with the toe cams??? Oh crap. I like the polyurethane and the TIG welds on the Kinetix, but I like the toe cams included with the $220 plus the rubber bushings would be quieter for the car (although I probably wouldn't notice).

Old 05-27-2004, 10:20 PM

I think I am going to go with the Kinetix. They are tried and true, plus I like the polyurethane over the rubber, because there will be less camber change during hard cornering due to deflection of the bushing. I still welcome opinions, but I will be ordering tomorrow (fri).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Try These Camber Arms?