Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Putting on new wheels questions..(vdc & pressure)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Putting on new wheels questions..(vdc & pressure)

I am going to be getting 19" volk gtc's wrapped in toyo t1's. My questions are.... will i just be able to unbolt and take off the stock 18's or is there something connecting them besides the bolts because of the tire pressure things. What exactly is the tire pressure monitor going to look like/ where is it? I dont really care about having the monitoring capability because i can always just check my own tires, but i was just wondering about what im going to have to do when i get my new wheels.

Also... will 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear wheels mess with my vdc at all? these are the specifications that i was given by mike at www.revhighonline.com, so im sure that he would know what he's doing better than anyone, but i just asked him for 19's i didnt say anything about tire pressure monitoring or vdc.

my guess is that stock pressure monitoring is not going to work and that vdc will probably be uneffected / effected a minimal amount. I really wouldnt care if it is effected negatively (where it wont be as intrusive or help as much), i just dont want it to try and act when im driving and it shouldnt or wouldnt with the stock wheels.... if u understand what i mean. I would rather drive with it off all the time than drive with it messing around with the driveability of my car really bad once i get my new wheels.

also how much should i ask for my stocks? they will have prolly a little under 2k miles on them once i get my gt-c's.

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... <3 aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. From down south, houston tejas

Old 06-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Re: Putting on new wheels questions..(vdc & pressure)

anyone? sorry that i have so many damn questions, but i have money and jsut a little knowledge and so much money that i wanna put into my car lol

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... <3 aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. From down south, houston tejas

Old 06-29-2004, 10:00 AM

o yeah... and will i have to get my wheels realigned?

Old 06-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry about the tire pressure thing. Your monitor may not work anymore though.

There's no wierd connections, just unbolt and you're done.

Don't think you have to realign.

As for VDC issues, what sized tires are you putting on there? That makes a huge difference, as the circumference of the actual tire is what heavily affects the VDC.

---
2004 TB/W 6mt Coupe. Sunroof only.
Bel Vector 985 Hardwired.
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.
Custom Carputer.
Custom FG Sub Enclosure.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:48 PM

any other comments on allignment? I just need to make sure i budget for it before i order wheels and have like 12 cents in the bank or something lol. the exact email i recieved from revhighonline was this :

The Volk GTC will be 19x85 27et /19x95 24et that will fit your brembo
brakes. The wheels will be mounted and balanced with TOYO T1s
245-35-19/275-
35-19 shipped to you with GT caps and all hardware $2950

Thank you
Mike Lee
www.RevHighOnline.com

I'm sure that mike would know what he's talking about for wheels so im not too concerned about my vdc... he wouldnt sell me wheels i dont think and then when i recieve them say "o yeah ur vdc is gonna suck now!" lol.... good god i cant wait the next couple of weeks that its gonna tkae me to scrape together this cash!

Old 06-29-2004, 01:18 PM

I have done quite a bit of research on your exact wheel size, and I have found that if you go with 245/35/19 tires in the front and 275/35/19 tires on the back you will have no problems with VDC. Those are the tire sizes I bought and now I am just waiting for my wheels to come in, although I'm probably going to forget them and order the GT-C's like yourself.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:14 PM

could someone help me out and tell me what each number with the wheel and tires means?

245/35/19 - im sure thats probably width, thickness, and diameter..... but maybe im wrong and what is what?

also with the wheels the 24 adn 27et? what is this? I dont understand "offset" .. maybe someone should do like a dictionary for cars for these terms and put it in the DIY. Just like all the major parts in a car, measurements, wheels and just the car jargon that goes along with this site..... i know that if thise were a subject i was more knowledgeable about i would probably compile one.

Old 06-29-2004, 03:14 PM

Seek and you should find Raznips. Try the thread "Alignment Prob" under the Technical forum. You'll find a lot of good info there.

2004 G35 Coupe/OB/Graphite interior/Premium and aero package/Popcharger/Z tube/Hotchkis sways/Tein H-tech springs/Kinetix plenum/Crawford cats

Old 06-29-2004, 04:25 PM

ive read most of that thread... hell ive posted questions on it