Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
blain, how much should i torque down the hardware on the CCW's and in what pattern? across from each other?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which coils go lower and are better bc racing coils over or D2 coils over ? Does any1 have specs about them? Or has used on a g sedan

Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
BCs don't get super low in the rear. Fronts will get lower than you'd ever likely want. Don't know about D2. Look into the Stance coilovers if you want to get low, they'll get undrivably low very easily.

Edit: Ride quality on the Stances is also far better than BC. Again, no clue about the D2s, have only had BC and Stance.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Leksikon
Look into the Stance coilovers if you want to get low, they'll get undrivably low very easily.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
4DGS-The other wheels I am looking at are varrs 1.1.2. I know their is a huge difference in

the quality and I could get works vsxx for around the same price as the advans. But I am

having a hard time convincing myself to spend $4000 on just wheels. So I am keeping the

lower price range options open.

Leksikon-I thought the Bc coils ride quality was suppose to be better? In the research I have

done alot of people were saying the Stance was better for going lower and the Bc's were

better on ride quality. The only reason I was going to choose Bc over Stance. Did you have

the shorter springs in the back of the Bc's? Did you remove a collar on the Bc's?

I know this is a wheel thread but since the topic came up.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone know if this is gonna rub in the rear?

295/35/18 on a 10.5 +5, rolled flat fenders, dropped on GF210 with spring mount mod.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
My guess is yes. I had 295/30/19 10.5 +22 that just barely cleared with rolled fenders and I rubbed with a 305/30 tire. If you don't it will be very close unless you add some camber. I was on coils too so I was around -3 natural camber.
Originally Posted by hcag2

295/35/18 on a 10.5 +5, rolled flat fenders, dropped on GF210 with spring mount mod.

The following users liked this post:
hcag2 (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Almightyone
Leksikon-I thought the Bc coils ride quality was suppose to be better? In the research I have

done alot of people were saying the Stance was better for going lower and the Bc's were

better on ride quality. The only reason I was going to choose Bc over Stance. Did you have

the shorter springs in the back of the Bc's? Did you remove a collar on the Bc's?

I know this is a wheel thread but since the topic came up.
I can only comment on my own experiences so I'll stick with those. Ride quality, hands down, is FAR superior on my Stance setup than it ever was on my BCs. Ride quality while SLAMMED on both, Stance is actually comfortable and the BCs were very jarring, they had a hard time soaking up road imperfections. Before I went stupidly low the BCs were fine. I wouldn't say they were any more comfortable than stock, they hold corners a little better but I was never super impressed with them.

I had the original BCs, not the supposedly superlow or whatever they're offering right now. And I had collars removed, no rubber mount in the cup, I did everything short of cutting an inch off the spring itself..

Here's what I would say in final comparison between the two - if you have plans on going real low, and you do it with the BCs, you're going to have poor ride quality and you're going to run out of height adjustment at some point (maybe before you get to where you want to be, maybe not). If you just want to drop it an inch and like the idea of coilover adjustability then you're OK with either. But if you think you ever might want to slam it, even just for a day or two for giggles... well that's the Stances are made for, and they are far more comfortable at any height (even on damn near full stuff) than my old BCs were.

Price out the difference between the Stance true type rear (call THMotorsports) and the new allegedly super low BCs and see if that extra small amount of cash is worth it. I keep posting this same information hoping to save someone else from having to buy a whole new setup.

If you're stuck on BCs I'll sell you my old ones cheap, they're taking up space in the garage, just PM me. Sale would be final and I would like to never hear from you again afterwards lol.

Almightyone (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 AM
BC's are comfy enough for me. Even at the maxed out height.

I had Zeal Function XS's on my Evo. (rock hard, and a pain in the ****). And currently I have the Powered By Max coilovers on my S14. Which feels like you are running no suspension at all. (The softest setting on PBM was still stiffer than the stiffest Zeal setting, by a loooonnngggg shot) I could have 3 bic bois jumping on the car, and the coils would not compress. The BC's on my G35 feel like riding on a cloud compared to my previous experiences. Personally, I've gotten so used to driving/riding in cars with coilovers, that I barely even notice the bumpiness.

I've ridden in my friends G35 on Stance coils, and he isn't slammed on them. And they were about as comfy as my BC coils maxed out. I didn't notice a difference. Depends on your tolerances.

As for height adjustability. Go with stance. The BC's definitely don't go low enough in the rear.

But here's me maxed out on the BC's. I'm on 18s.

The front goes low enough, but the rear cold use a quarter inch or so more low.

Almightyone (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I appreciate the info between the two coilovers Leksikon. That does help. I would really like

to just buy one set of coilovers and stay with them. My ideal setup would be some that just

for pictures/fun I could put the car on the ground. Then for daily raise it to around where ME

GUSTA has his. Plus the occasional 1/4 mile track use. I know it might be a stretch to get

coilovers that have comfort,are track worthy and can slam the car on the ground. I will keep

that in mind about your Bc's. Your sales pitch is really what's making me want to buy them.

Lol.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
my height is definitely not dailyable lol. i'm lower than a lot of people (even on stances). but I can get away with it because I clock only about 1500 miles a year on the car. If it was my only car, I would raise it up for sure.

If I ever sell the BC's, I'll be going with Stance coils for sure for that extra rear lowness. Or just *** it and go bags.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
I gotcha. I don't know what the ride height difference between your 18's and my 20's are. If

any. Plus I am on stock body components right now. You are pretty low to the ground but as

far as where your fender to tire clearance sits it looks to be where I want mine to sit.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheels

OEM 18" wheels "Black - G Chrome" What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::-03-g35-coupe-black-chrome-wheels.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA
blain, how much should i torque down the hardware on the CCW's and in what pattern? across from each other?
15ft/lbs and then 30ft/lbs and yes cross torque them both times.

Originally Posted by usikan2237
Which coils go lower and are better bc racing coils over or D2 coils over ? Does any1 have specs about them? Or has used on a g sedan
BCs are your best bet from what I know, but Stance is really the way to go. They ride better, go lower and overall are just better coilovers.

Originally Posted by Leksikon
BCs don't get super low in the rear. Fronts will get lower than you'd ever likely want. Don't know about D2. Look into the Stance coilovers if you want to get low, they'll get undrivably low very easily.

Edit: Ride quality on the Stances is also far better than BC. Again, no clue about the D2s, have only had BC and Stance.
He's in a sedan, getting low isn't a worry because we're already a half inch lower than coupes.

Marcus was running BCs for the longest time.

Originally Posted by Almightyone
4DGS-The other wheels I am looking at are varrs 1.1.2. I know their is a huge difference in

the quality and I could get works vsxx for around the same price as the advans. But I am

having a hard time convincing myself to spend $4000 on just wheels. So I am keeping the

lower price range options open.
I will never stand behind varrstoen. If you're looking at high end wheels, do it. Don't cheap out one of the most important parts of the car.

Originally Posted by hcag2

More than likely. You need a pull to fit those tires.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
have an 05 sedan stock just bough coupe 7 spoke 18 what tire size do you guys reccomend i buy? from usign a tire calculator 235/45 would me at an almost exact wheel tire circumfrance what do you guys think? thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::