Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

which TSW's do you like ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:50 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Poll has only been running for 1 day...
just sayin.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
reply to 2 post ago^^^ the issue of "other factors" was already addressed in that thread - it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize there are other factors...

This is soley to shed light on the fact that people are concerned about weight... as opposed to the wrong impression that they aren't

I'm not sure why you reference the number of ppl... check the thread daily then... I can bump it periodically to continue to get responses...

How do you think the presidents approval rating is determined? They dont ask every person in the country.

Its the percentage we are looking at - no matter how many ppl vote, it's a reasonable representation to show a larger number of ppl do care about weight than some were willing to admit.

BTW, I never in any way shape or form stated or implied that weight is the most important factor... and when you ask someone if it is a consideration, who cares how many other things are more important> the fact is, they do consider weight when making a decision. The poll wasn't meant to find what is the most important thing ppl consider in a wheel - it was to show that weight is a factor.

Last edited by OCG35; 01-30-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
if you want a economical wheel (my assumption since you are going with TSW), look at Axis or MMR. Better IMO. If I HAD to choose a TSW, I would say #1

Old 01-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MissouriG35
if you want a economical wheel (my assumption since you are going with TSW), look at Axis or MMR. Better IMO. If I HAD to choose a TSW, I would say #1
Funny you mention Axis. I LOVE some of AXIS wheels but I've seen sooooo many of the with their paint flaking that it makes me wonder about their quality.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:54 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I'm not sure why you reference the number of ppl... check the thread daily then... I can bump it periodically to continue to get responses...

How do you think the presidents approval rating is determined? They dont ask every person in the country.
Well duh! of course they don't. When they do political polls, or any other poll, they achieve a level of accuracy for the country by getting to a statistically significant sample size, like several thousand responses. Even with a simple poll like you posted, 29 responses is nowhere close to statistically significant. More responses will probably result in a similar outcome because for the enthusiast crowd, common sense tells you it's probably correct. But being correct doesn't make it a valid poll.

Anyhoo, sorry to have thrown some logic into what appeared to most of us to be a petty, juvenile cat fight present throughout most of this thread. You admonished people for going OT, but then took it way off course with your rants about wheel weight. The OP never asked about wheel weight, but the entire thread ended up being about weight. Physician, heal thy self.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:27 AM
^^^ the OP asked for opinions - specific opinions were dismissed as being non important... the relevance of this topic is to shed light to the misinformed.

The poll is not even two days old... it will remain... chances are, the percentage will be pretty close to what it is now as time goes on...

As for thousands of poll responses (political poll) - that is for representation of millions of people... scale it down for this website.

Please use your own advise and use some logic and common sense as it pertains to this subject.

BTW, I posted my opinion... the rants came from others responded to my opinion. Get it right.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OCG35, man, ur like the energizer bunny...u keep going and going and going...let it go already, u gatta keep in mind that the poll u made, not a lot of people even cared to vote...srsly...

im glad u hold your ground and u wanna explain and make people understand the importance of wheel weight, but the truth is wat it is man...people just dont care and people defiantly do not wanna spend the extra cash ($1k-$2K) for a few little hp/mpg. Yes, I see ur point about exhaust and plenum spacers but you gatta keep one important thing in mind: 99.7% dont care about wheel weight because its their daily driver and all they want to do is make there car look nice...simple.

Now i would understand if the OP started the thread some thing like :

"Witch 20" TSW wheels u like? I want to later on track my car and put on a TT to beat my next door neighbor's viper."

Alright man, take care, hope maybe u will see it from my point of view.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
As for thousands of poll responses (political poll) - that is for representation of millions of people... scale it down for this website.
Sigh. Your poll was extremely skewed, and you know nothing at all about the respondents, i.e. it's a useless poll despite it's accuracy. Roll your eyes all you want, but it's pretty clear you know next to nothing about statistics or sampling, so I'll stop talking over your head.

BTW, I posted my opinion... the rants came from others responded to my opinion. Get it right.
And you never called anyone names or ever went off track? It was always someone else. Wow, you're quite the heroic victim aren't you?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
please stop all the thread jacking geyness...

- if you DON'T care about wheel weight, post cheap heavy wheels you think look good

- if you DO care about wheel weight, post affordable light weight options

i care about weight, i have Forgestar F14's 19x8.5/19x10, approx: 23/25lbs each for under $1400 shipped

Old 01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Sigh. Your poll was extremely skewed, and you know nothing at all about the respondents, i.e. it's a useless poll despite it's accuracy. Roll your eyes all you want, but it's pretty clear you know next to nothing about statistics or sampling, so I'll stop talking over your head.
Yes, you're right. A poll like that provides no useful information whatsoever.

The first and most important aspect of the poll is that you are not choosing random individuals and forcing them to answer one way or another. You are basically posing a question (Is weight a discriminating factor in your wheel selection) and allowing the readers themselves to choose if they want to participate or not.

What happens in this type a poll is that people who don't care about the polled subject won't even bother to post their opinion to begin with. Why? Because they could care less. So the only people really responding to the poll are those who actually *do* care about weight. This is one of the standard biases in statistic sampling. This is the reason they do single and double blind testing, etc... To eliminate any type of bias on either the researcher (poller) or participant.

If you want additional information on why this is, please check out the following link on Cognitive Biases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI

And you never called anyone names or ever went off track? It was always someone else. Wow, you're quite the heroic victim aren't you?
okay Jeff junior...

How about you read the second post in the thread - which would have been my only had the rant brigade not pestered with fascination of my opinion...

and tell me who took it off track and started with the badgering... several times I tried to get the guy to stop pissing on the thread - he was relentless and at least one other chmed in with bad info...

The poll speaks for itself - it is clear as day... a real simple question that was based from misnomers in this thread... if thats above your head, its a lost cause.

So Mr. (wannabe) Statistician, how about you determine the accuracy of 99.7% of people not caring about weight. I already proved it's not true... and in fact, more ppl are concerned... so instead of yapping about about - post up something that disproves it. Otherwise - drop it since you aren't adding anything relevant.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by liche
Yes, you're right. A poll like that provides no useful information whatsoever.

The first and most important aspect of the poll is that you are not choosing random individuals and forcing them to answer one way or another. You are basically posing a question (Is weight a discriminating factor in your wheel selection) and allowing the readers themselves to choose if they want to participate or not.

What happens in this type a poll is that people who don't care about the polled subject won't even bother to post their opinion to begin with. Why? Because they could care less. So the only people really responding to the poll are those who actually *do* care about weight. This is one of the standard biases in statistic sampling. This is the reason they do single and double blind testing, etc... To eliminate any type of bias on either the researcher (poller) or participant.

If you want additional information on why this is, please check out the following link on Cognitive Biases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
wow you guys are really clueless aren't you... The only reason for the poll is to show people DO care about weight... and its more than .3%

It has nothing to do with anything more than that... it has nothing to do with "Whats the most important factor"... it has nothing to do with "what percentage is higher, care or don't care"...

It is simply to show that there are a significant number of ppl that do consider weight...

I'll take it one further... do a Google search for wheel weight (of a specific wheel) - and see how many car forums come up with ppl asking about weight.

Its common knowledge (to most)....

So get off the Poll issue. The poll served its purpose - to show that more than the minuscule (as stated in this thread) care about weight.

You can cary on all you want - its been proven and its over... but I'm sure some of you will keep crying about it... whaaa whaa...

IF you arent able to see that obvious fact - then again, it hopeless.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Can we argue about something practical instead of arguing about theoretical intentions, opinion validity, or who said what to whom?

Old 01-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by nfsp1
Can we argue about something practical instead of arguing about theoretical intentions, opinion validity, or who said what to whom?
so long as there are no more asinine response, I'm done... but when an illogical post is made, I'll respond.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Did we figure out who makes what?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which TSW's do you like ???