Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Just got my G35 last week and I'm a total newb on this site and the rhetoric on it. I'll learn in time however.

I have phots of what I want my ride to look like but have no idea of what I need to get other then the wheels and tires. Words like "coilovers", "springs", "camber kits" are all foreign to me and I might not need any or possibly some of these to get the look I'm wanting to achieve. . Below is the pics I want my car to look like. Any help on getting there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!-vossen-1.jpg   Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!-vossen-5.jpg   Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!-vossen6.jpg  
Old 11-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Your going to have a hard time getting your car to look like that since its a G37.

Visit the different sections on this forum and pay attention to the stickied threads, that is where the majority of the information you are looking for can be found. The search function works as well.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its just going to take some time and a lot of reading to get there, but for a basic expanation to those three terms:

Coilovers are a matched set of springs and shock absorbers. These also allow for adjusting the ride height of the car. They are far more costly than springs.

Springs are an alternate way to adjust the height of your car. The aftermarket ones you by are typically harder and shorter, this in turn makes your car sit lower. However because they are harder than the stock ones they should not be used with stock shock absorbers.

Camber kits, well they are to adjust camber. Camber angle is how far the top of your wheel is tipped in towards the car or out away from the car. This affects how the tire rides on the road. Negative camber is a byproduct of lowering a car. Without a camber kit you cannot have it adjusted by your alignment shop

Old 11-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. .

I know that one is a G37 and of course mine won't look exactly like that car. But I basically liked the look of the tire/rims setup in relation to the drop of the car.

I found the Vossen rims that are in the pic and tires I wanted from a website. Just wanted to see what I needed to purchase (if anything) to obtain that look.

SpForces~ So in your best estimation, should I probably be ready to purchase a Camber Kit as well as Coilovers along with the rims/tires I'm looking for?

Thanks again! I'll hit the threads now and keep reading/learning.

Last edited by messinax; 11-14-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
there's actually someone here with a ls coupe that has the cv1 if u want an idea of them on a g35. was going to get them but those pics turned me off of them

Old 11-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi DogStar,

Thanks for the heads up on that. I will do a search and see if I can find the dude you're reffering to. If you don't mind me asking, which rims do you like/have?

I had my eyes originally on some Junction Produce Black and Chrome SCARA's but the price is outragous! Gorgous rims though. Just hard to talk myself into getting them at what........ $1200 per rim!

Last edited by messinax; 11-14-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Yes, And an alignment, That is true every time you drop. Camber kit is optional on mild drops, up to 1.5" around there you are going to start to have noticable uneaven wear on your rear tires.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
SPF~Judging from the pics I posted, what would you say that drop is? Sounds to me like the camber kit is the best way to go regardless since I'm dropping her anywhere from 1 to 1.5 inches I'm guessing correct? Thanks again!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:45 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ You can't judge the drop of the G37 to a G35. Different car, different specs.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Get the voseen rims and tires, spc/spl front camber kit, spc/ichiba rear camber kit with toe bolts, coilovers (bc/f&f/stance) would probably be most likely what you are looking for. Take them to some shop to install unless you have the ability and tools to install everything yourself. There your car will somewhat resemble a car that is almost nothing like yours.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info and advice guys.

I should have found a 2007 G35 that has the look I like rather than posting a G37. My bad.

Thanks again for the input and specs I need.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Not sure what drop you would need on a 35 to get that look exactly but the beauty of the coilovers is the adjustability, so you will be able to get it excactly how you want it. Dont start off too low though its going to take a while to get used to driving a lowered car

Old 11-15-2010, 04:26 PM
"Dont start off too low though its going to take a while to get used to driving a lowered car".

It already feels REALLY low coming from an SUV I was driving. lol

I found a killer G35 trolling the forums by a poster named Obby I believe. It's a BO like mine and looks incredible. I actually prefer his car over the Vossen rims/wheels I originally posted. What a sweet ride!

Last edited by messinax; 11-15-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:38 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Post it so we can see.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM
This is the car I found while searching. Sharp

Attached Thumbnails Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!-obby2.jpg   Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!-obby-99.jpg   Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!-obby999.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for wheel help please... Thanks!