Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Hankook V12 vs. BFGoodrich g-Force

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
Buy Michelin's Pilot Sport at around $ 316 / tire and call it a day. You will not regret it I love these tires. I have M's on my work truck, and SS bike.
completely different class of tire..

Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
I had the Hankook's on my sedan. Personally, I drive a lot and got sick of buying new tires every year. The Hankook's were good for their price and performed reasonably well in the summer.

Being that I will drive my car in temps below 40° I opted for an Ultra High Performance All-Season tire and just installed the Conti DWS Extreme Contact. I've been happy with them in the past and at $950 shipped I can't complain about the price.

I know they are an entirely different class of tire, but so far, I'm more pleased with these tires in the warmer weather than I ever was with the Hankook's.

Last edited by PAIXAO; 04-26-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ajkVQ
completely different class of tire..
Your point? Pay to really play!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
Your point? Pay to retally play!
I actually really agree with this. I cheaped out on tires for too long. I replaced those Hankooks too many times and got sick of wasting money for new tires every year. That's why I went with the Conti. My car is driven year round, so I went with an all season tire.

Honestly, these cars should come with all season tires from the factory.

Last edited by PAIXAO; 04-26-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by PAIXAO
I actually really agree with this. I cheaped out on tires for too long. I replaced those Hankooks too many times and got sick of wasting money for new tires every year. That's why I went with the Conti. My car is driven year round, so I went with an all season tire.

Honestly, these cars should come with all season tires from the factory.
cheaping out is getting china tires. the hankook ventus v12 is a solid brand and tire that will last you well over a year with normal rotations and alignment. not everybody has the ability to purchase expensive tires.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 PM
cheaping out is getting china tires. the hankook ventus v12 is a solid brand and tire that will last you well over a year with normal rotations and alignment. not everybody has the ability to purchase expensive tires.
I drive over 35,000 miles a year in my car on a staggered setup. Rotations are not possible and my car is meticulously maintained, alignments included. The Hankook's were done after 25,000 miles, the rest I put on my winter wheels. My last set of Conti DWS lasted 65,000 miles and only cost $150 more. So, yeah, I cheaped out with the Hankook. $800 every year vs $950 every 2.5 years. The better tire lasts longer and can be driven year round.

I realize that my comments are a little off topic as I am not comparing the two tires you are intersted in. I'm just giving my opinion that summer ultra high performance tires aren't all they are cut out to be. Take is as you will.

Last edited by PAIXAO; 04-26-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by PAIXAO
I drive over 35,000 miles a year in my car on a staggered setup. Rotations are not possible and my car is meticulously maintained, alignments included. The Hankook's were done after 25,000 miles, the rest I put on my winter wheels. My last set of Conti DWS lasted 65,000 miles and only cost $150 more. So, yeah, I cheaped out with the Hankook. $800 every year vs $950 every 2.5 years. The better tire lasts longer and can be driven year round.

I realize that my comments are a little off topic as I am not comparing the two tires you are intersted in. I'm just giving my opinion that summer ultra high performance tires aren't all they are cut out to be. Take is as you will.
rotations may not be possible, but you can flip the hankooks as they are symmetrical compared to the DWS's. i will admit that the DWS treadwear is far superior to the v12's (540 vs. 280..even though treadwear isn't a universal language across brands) but you're also getting far less performance.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:07 PM
rotations may not be possible, but you can flip the hankooks as they are symmetrical compared to DWS's. i will admit that the DWS treadwear is far superior to the v12's (540 vs. 280..even though treadwear isn't a universal language across brands) but you're also getting far less performance.
The difference in performance is negligible. I've been on your side of the table and have said the same things. The amount of "performance" driving I was doing didn't require UHP Summer tires. In fact, very few of us do the kind of driving which requires any summer tire.

I liked the Hankook for what they were. Quiet, sticky and cheaper than almost every other tire out there. They did the job they were designed to do well.

Last edited by PAIXAO; 04-26-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Idk if OP mentioned this yet, but I think he should have laid out exactly what he wanted the tires for.

Like track use, or just regular daily driving.

If you want max performance out of your tires then go with something higher performing.
I would go something better than goodrich on this one...

If it's a dd, I would stick with the cheapest and best option, like the V12 or in my opinion the Bridgestone 760 sports.

Btw you mentioned that certain sizes are not available with certain tires... I would look into the rim tire calculator and go with whatever is closest to oem spec in terms of circumference.

Shyun

Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stuck with the V12's. The reason I'm not getting All Season is because I have another set of rims with blizzaks on them. I don't see the point in having all season and winter. that's why i was looking for summer tires.

I don't drive too aggressively, and am just looking for a DD kinda tire. That's why I went with summer tires instead of All Season. and i was pretty disappointed with the Michelin A/S super sports. That's what the last owner had on the car, and i was all over the place in my first winter (granted the treads weren't great), and the ride was rougher than my old AWD 4x4 jeep, no lie.

Shyun....i ended up getting 225/35/19 and 245/35/19. The only difference is the 35, as opposed to my oem 40. Just wanted a tad less tire profile for my personal taste. =]

Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by kmacdaddy8
I stuck with the V12's. The reason I'm not getting All Season is because I have another set of rims with blizzaks on them. I don't see the point in having all season and winter. that's why i was looking for summer tires.

I don't drive too aggressively, and am just looking for a DD kinda tire. That's why I went with summer tires instead of All Season. and i was pretty disappointed with the Michelin A/S super sports. That's what the last owner had on the car, and i was all over the place in my first winter (granted the treads weren't great), and the ride was rougher than my old AWD 4x4 jeep, no lie.

Shyun....i ended up getting 225/35/19 and 245/35/19. The only difference is the 35, as opposed to my oem 40. Just wanted a tad less tire profile for my personal taste. =]
Well if you already got em then its done.
OP I understand that you wanted to go down to a 35 but you also have to consider that the 35 will give you more fender gap.
I would prefer more meaty sidewall and less gap imo for looks. Especially if its a DD.
You'll also feel the road a lot less so it'll be a smoother ride.
Just saying.
If you were going down to a 35, I would have gone to a wider tire for more rubber on the ground and to keep the stagger/circumference in oem spec to keep your speedometer on point.
Just what I would do though.

Enjoy your new tires!