Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Tires and Wheels question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tires and Wheels question.

I went to the dealership today and I talked to my service manager (I'm not saying I believe what he said but if he said was true, please let me know) about tires and he said this. "The tires you have on your car one one of the best set of tires in the world. They are about 400-500$ to replace each tire." He said that because I asked him what he though about placing aftermarket tires on the car. He also told me, "The wheels you have are fordged magnessimum which means that they are not cast via mold but they are cut from a block of magnessimum." This would keep the origional atom bonds and it would be alot stronger and cracking from power would be at it's minimul. I believe this more than I do about the tires because my friend said that if I put a turbo / supercharger on my car it would be better to keep the Infiniti wheels beacuse they are strong. My service manager said that aftermarket brake pads are cool if I wanted less brake dust but they are not covered under warrenty. Does anyone know if this is true? Are our tires really that great? Are there better ones that I can get when my stock tires run out? What about the wheel question? Someone please let me know before I freak out! [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 07-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Running for his life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tires and Wheels question.

G35C 6MT / E55

Old 07-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Running for his life!!

Just to clarify when you mean tires are you actually talking about the RIMS?

G35C 6MT / E55

Old 07-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Premier Member

I'm talking about both, the tires are the best in the world suposely, read carefully please.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 07-16-2003, 04:17 PM

im sorry but that is perhaps one of the dumbest things i have ever herd. Poilts are not the best tire ion world and the rims are not magneseum. It would cost a lot more if they were.

Unless some one proves me wrong

Old 07-16-2003, 05:56 PM

I can tell you right now that they are definately not Magnesium Alloy. It can be forged Cardboard for all I care. Plus Michelin Pilot Sports are very good tires best not the best in the world. Could be declared one of the best but not number 1. The reason they are so expensive on our cars is due to the fact they are special order from the factory. You can do a search on this about replacing the OEM tire.
I just don't have the time to go fully into it. =)

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 07-16-2003, 06:15 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about the wheels, but the Michlin Pilot Sport Tires (if thats what you have) are definately one of the best (at least for street tires). I believe they are the top of the line Michlin performance street tire. Not to many cars come with tires this good (not even the Z). They cost about $250-$300 apiece. This is one spot where Infiniti did not skip on quality.

Old 07-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Running for his life!!

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

about tires and he said this. "The tires you have on your car one one of the best set of tires in the world. They are about 400-500$ to replace each tire

I'm talking about both, the tires are the best in the world suposely, read carefully please

<hr></blockquote>
I did. $500 for each tire. Please. But anyways, as I stated, he is BS.

G35C 6MT / E55

Old 07-24-2003, 03:29 AM

It's really funny what service stations claims. It's almost as if they're in their own little world........too isolated from the logical space. The rims are not magnesium...........first of all, magnesium wheels cost approximately $1500-$2000 a piece....that's without tires. Second, yes, the Pilots are great tires, but not the best. Most of the time when someone claims something to the extreme, they're either bullshitting or they don't know what they're talking about.