Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

spacers for stock 18's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spacers for stock 18's

I was wondering, for those of us that really like the stock 18's and would like to leave them on, is there a way to add spacers and change the stock bolts such that the 18's come flush with the wheel fenders?? If so, what length/size bolts would we need and where could we get them from?? I think pushing those 18's out a bit would really make a big difference. Also, would there be a danger to having the spacers between the mag and the hub/disc??

Thanks

Neil

Old 08-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Re: spacers for stock 18's

I was looking into this also with my 17" sports suspension for my sedan. Ended up spending money else where. But here is the info you may be interested in.

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/...20Spacers.html

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...k=yes&dept=417

http://www.forperformance.com/wtspacer.html

Our wheels are 5x114.3 applications
Hope this helps.
-PratG35

Old 08-25-2003, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the info, that is exactly the info I was looking for. I find that the stock 18's for the coupe look really good, all they need is a little push to the outer edge, and it would give the mags a more aggressive look.

I went through those links and I did not find anything for the Inifniti. If I ordered a 5X114.3 would that be enough, or would they really need to have a specific mold and design for our setup???

Thanks

Neil

Old 08-25-2003, 04:51 PM

I was told that if you order ones for the Nissan 240SX they are the same. Let me know how it works out and how much are you planning to push out. Initially I was thinking of 20mm but looking at my 17" rims, there is no holes for the old stud to sit if the spacer is too thin. If you go with 25mm then I don't think it wil be a problem for the rims but might rub the fender...

Hope I am not confusing you. The new space has it's own studs so the old studs will go into the new holes in the spacer. This could stick out to far and hit your rims. I notice that the old/original stud is 1" long. Good luck and Private Mail me how it works.

Cheers,
-PratG35

Old 08-26-2003, 09:16 AM

Hey, keep posting your progress please cause I'm also interested

Old 08-26-2003, 03:15 PM

Well I don't actually have my coupe yet, I am taking delivery of it in the Nov/Dec time frame, but I am planning ahead. I think with some spacers and a moderate drop (Eibach's) the coupe will look even hotter, with the wheels out at the edge and the car sitting on top of them.

The only problem I may encounter by adding spacers is with tire rubbing. I checked under there yesterday at the dealer, and the lip of the rear fenders are a good 1/2" wide, they are not rolled. If that's the case, then I will have to ask folks on this forum how to roll the fender to get the tire as close to the edge as possible. Right now with the stock setup, if you lower the car, the tire will be very close to the fender lip without spacers. The front fenders, on the other hand, are rolled, I guess because space is needed when the wheels turn.

Old 08-26-2003, 08:53 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

rowdy (Newbie)
08/26/03 06:42 PM

spacers? if ur mexican. lol and if u are let me know cause i got a job for u cutting my lawn.

<hr></blockquote>

What do spacers have to do with being Mexican? sometimes i can't understand people's ignorance...

2003.5 CB Coupe 6MT
Pics

Old 08-26-2003, 09:11 PM

I know what racial stereotype you're making.

I'm not going to argue about this over an internet forum, but I can guarantee you that most of the people here will agree with me when I say that racism and sterotypes have nothing to do with a G35 forum. Honestly the import car scene has been built on diversity.

Your comments are like those of a kid that can't find anything intelligent to say so you just say "shut up".

By the way, I went through all your posts and there wasn't much of contribution there either, so I don't think that I'm the one having problems thinking.

Reply away and make yourself look like more an idiot than you already have, this is the last reply to one of your posts I'm going to make over this.

2003.5 CB Coupe 6MT
Pics

Old 08-26-2003, 11:59 PM

Rowdy,

Looks like you are here to stir up the place eh?

What's wrong with being a Mexican? Given your thoughts per that one sentence speech, it appears you are morally inept and mentally immature.. I am no Mexican but I treat people with respect. Question asked, I answered. If you have nothing good to say don't say it.

BTW, you have read the whole thread, you will realize that the request is to extend the rims out a little so as to flush with the body/fender. Not every one have money to spend on a new set of rims, but everyone in this forum wants to buy the G or has one, and I would assume you too since you are on this forum. With your attitude, you will give us the rest of G35 drivers a bad name.

Please go and wash your mouth with some soap and think about what I say.
This is no place for a racist.

BTW, if your statement is suppose to be funny, you have done a bad job in communicating. And if you are really trying hard to be funny... then you get zero laugh..
To the rest of fellows G35ers I appolgize for ranting.

PratG35

Old 08-27-2003, 01:38 AM

Wow, look at all of this trash talking going on here. Please take your unnecessary comments outside of my post please. I started this post because I like the original 18's but think they are shoved in a little too much, I'd like to bring them out flush with the car, that is all.

And no, I am not Mexican, but I happen to be a 33 year old engineer that wants his car to look good. I have enough cash to buy any rims I want, but I would like to remain with the 18's if you don't mind.

So if there is any further technical info relating to my post, then please continue below this post. If you want to yap, take it elsewhere please......

Thanks

Neil

Old 08-27-2003, 02:07 AM

I ordered hubcentric spacers from http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ . He makes them hubcentric to your wheel, I'd rather go that route than ordering generic ones.

Also you may want to search some of my old posts about where to get Nismo extended wheel bolts, there's a phone # somewhere there.

2003.5 CB Coupe 6MT
Pics

Old 08-27-2003, 01:48 PM

Rajc,

For those hubcentric spacers that you ordered from Motorsport-Tech, do you know if you will have to roll the fender lips in the back?? I noticed that the stock setup is already pretty close between the rear fender lip and the wheel. In order to bring the wheel out to the edge, especially with a lowered car, I would think the fender lips would have to be rolled. What's your thought on this??

Neil

Old 08-27-2003, 02:15 PM

That I don't know. I only used spacers on my front to help the aftermarket wheels clear the brake caliper. My guess would be that there wouldn't be any rubbing as long as you don't lower the car since I've seen a few setups with wheels flush with the fender.

2003.5 CB Coupe 6MT
Pics