Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Bose - Satellite/adapter questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 Bose - Satellite/adapter questions

Just a couple of questions - I have a 06 sedan w/ Premium Pkg & Bose H/U.

- Is the Bose System satellite ready? Haven't noticed any Sat1 etc. options on the radio list though. Unless those options got zeroed out somehow, like I noticed in another really old thread... Also, I haven't noticed a "shark fin " on the roof - I may have just answered my own question on that one.

- If not Sat equipped, does an aux/sat plug exist that I can plug an iPhone/iPod or an aftermarket Sat receiver into?

My inclination is to just do a DD conversion, but I'd hate the look of a mismatched metal-look aftermarket mounting panel in the otherwise rosewood console - unless I just replaced all the trim on the console to match... Anyone done that?

Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by skippyG
Just a couple of questions - I have a 06 sedan w/ Premium Pkg & Bose H/U.

- Is the Bose System satellite ready? Haven't noticed any Sat1 etc. options on the radio list though. Unless those options got zeroed out somehow, like I noticed in another really old thread... Also, I haven't noticed a "shark fin " on the roof - I may have just answered my own question on that one.

- If not Sat equipped, does an aux/sat plug exist that I can plug an iPhone/iPod or an aftermarket Sat receiver into?

My inclination is to just do a DD conversion, but I'd hate the look of a mismatched metal-look aftermarket mounting panel in the otherwise rosewood console - unless I just replaced all the trim on the console to match... Anyone done that?
All 06's are wired for satellite, but don't come with the adapters or antenna. You won't get the SAT1 or anything unless you have the adapter installed. You'd have to get an adapter and antenna hooked up, but otherwise, it's plug-n-play.

For aux input options, see the sticky: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ory-radio.html

A couple of rosewood-trim guys just cut DDin-sized openings and used the JDM climate controls. Quality of the result varies:

The following users liked this post:
skippyG (10-09-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the reply!

So, if the car wasn't originally equipped with Sat. there's still a way to plug into the trunk harness directly - would I have to buy a kit similar to this?:

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_319950/...s.html?tp=6953

Or is there some sort of adapter/antenna available to plug into existing hardware?

Yeah - I saw the link for dremeling the rosewood panel. Looks like they still had the rotary control **** for the temp control. I take it he was using the aftermarket guts somehow? Is just the board available or would I have to buy the entire kit? I hear the the JDM kits are pretty rare these days, so that would leave me with Metra.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

So, if the car wasn't originally equipped with Sat. there's still a way to plug into the trunk harness directly - would I have to buy a kit similar to this?:

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_319950/...s.html?tp=6953

Or is there some sort of adapter/antenna available to plug into existing hardware?

Yeah - I saw the link for dremeling the rosewood panel. Looks like they still had the rotary control **** for the temp control. I take it he was using the aftermarket guts somehow? Is just the board available or would I have to buy the entire kit? I hear the the JDM kits are pretty rare these days, so that would leave me with Metra.
No kit required, just an OEM satellite receiver and antenna kit. Grubbs Infiniti can get them for a decent price.

skippyG (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
No kit required, just an OEM satellite receiver and antenna kit. Grubbs Infiniti can get them for a decent price.
Well, they have it listed for $303 & change -
http://www.nissaninfinitiparts.com/s...dproduct=17962

Might as well save up for a Double Din install - Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Old 10-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Just sold mine to a member on here for around $100. You can find them on eBay for around the same price.

skippyG (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I'll have a look - thanks...!

Old 10-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
As has been stated, all '06's are Sat ready, but you need to add the kit. The plug harness is in the trunk. On 03-05 it's behind the rear seat but on the 2006 it's actually on the passenger-side undertray in the far right corner.

I bought the Nissan Ipod adapter kit and this is where I connected it.

skippyG (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
As has been stated, all '06's are Sat ready, but you need to add the kit. The plug harness is in the trunk. On 03-05 it's behind the rear seat but on the 2006 it's actually on the passenger-side undertray in the far right corner.

I bought the Nissan Ipod adapter kit and this is where I connected it.
I have a new Sirius satellite radio kit coming in the mail (for free actually, I wouldn't normally have bothered) - too bad I can't plug that directly into said harness (or can I?) instead of having to use the fiddly FM transmitter that comes with it....

Old 10-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Nope. Won't work. Need OEM kit only for that harness

skippyG (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Nope. Won't work. Need OEM kit only for that harness
Yeah... The only place that I found one of those was Grubbs Infiniti, which was $303 & change.

For that kind of money, I may as well step up to Double Din & try to modify my Rosewood trim to fit on top of the crappy looking Metra kit (gray buttons? really?). The only thing that softens that blow is the Crutchfield will sell that piece for 50% off (~ $125) if you buy the receiver though them...

Or I can try to hook it up though some sort of media gateway.... like this -

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220D103....html?tp=61445

Old 10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Yeah... The only place that I found one of those was Grubbs Infiniti, which was $303 & change.
I found a NOS Receiver (XM not Sirius) for $56 online when I was looking to add satellite. About a year ago. Drawback is that it is such a dinosaur there is no memory to buffer the signal so it suffers the occasional dropout. But the assurance that it would be compatible with OEM setup was worth it to me. I've made other posts about antenna adapters and such that can be found with a search that will provide guidance in how to use the NOS unit with the currently available micro antenna plugs.

skippyG (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
I found a NOS Receiver (XM not Sirius) for $56 online when I was looking to add satellite. About a year ago. Drawback is that it is such a dinosaur there is no memory to buffer the signal so it suffers the occasional dropout. But the assurance that it would be compatible with OEM setup was worth it to me. I've made other posts about antenna adapters and such that can be found with a search that will provide guidance in how to use the NOS unit with the currently available micro antenna plugs.
This may be obvious to some but - but what is NOS?

Old 10-14-2014, 06:24 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Oh sorry. New Old Stock. Original unit contemporary to when the car was produced that has been discontinued from production but someone has it laying around in inventory, never used, never opened.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Oh sorry. New Old Stock. Original unit contemporary to when the car was produced that has been discontinued from production but someone has it laying around in inventory, never used, never opened.
Gotcha....!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 Bose - Satellite/adapter questions