Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Car fax shows very minor damage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car fax shows very minor damage?

I found a really amazing deal I believe, but the only thing that's throwing me off is there is a very minor accident in the car fax. I am not really sure whether or not this is too big of a deal. I will post the car fax for you guys to see yourselfs. But, regardless, the car has under 60k miles, and is being sold for right under 10k. Hope I can get some help. Thanks.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=WDB_0&vin=JNKCV54E74M810479

Old 03-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Minor accidents happen all the time, my wife's Vette has had the rear bumper replaced twice in two years. Didn't hurt the car or change anything about it, just pissed my wife off! If you love the car and the price is right, go for it...but only after you've had it checked out by a qualified mechanic!
Gary

Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
I agree with Gary, the accident was 7 years ago, have it checked out by a mechanic before purchasing.

If the hood, fender & front bumper lines/gaps line up straight it is a sign that the repairs were done professionally. The fact that it shows up in a car fax is another indicator of that as well.

Low miles & great price, good luck OP.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
autocheck shows moderate damage hmmm...

Old 03-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Appreciate the help guys. This car is also being sold at a dealer. I just thought it was much to good to be true so when I noticed the minor accident I suspected it was a much worse situation than that. Also, do you think I could push the price on them even lower using the minor accident as leverage.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 AM
You can always negotiate with dealerships. The worst they can say is no. They won't try to jack up the price if you try to haggle.

If you can walk in with cash in hand, or the ability to write a check for the car, it puts you in a better position.

The dealer will likely say the previous accident is why it is priced the way it is.

If they have had it 90+ days, it usually helps your position. Too bad it's not the last day of the month where they may need the extra sale to meet a quota.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by ronnieballgame
You can always negotiate with dealerships. The worst they can say is no. They won't try to jack up the price if you try to haggle.

If you can walk in with cash in hand, or the ability to write a check for the car, it puts you in a better position.

The dealer will likely say the previous accident is why it is priced the way it is.

If they have had it 90+ days, it usually helps your position. Too bad it's not the last day of the month where they may need the extra sale to meet a quota.
Never really thought about that last part. When does this usually happen. According to the carfax I'm guessing this car has been for sale for two months maybe. I'm assuming no one wants a G35 during this harsh winter weather

Old 03-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Jad Al-Farah
Never really thought about that last part. When does this usually happen. According to the carfax I'm guessing this car has been for sale for two months maybe. I'm assuming no one wants a G35 during this harsh winter weather
You would notice them selling for less this time of year...!

Old 03-02-2014, 03:00 PM
If you watch kbb, these fluctuate up or down up or down by as much as 10% between winter & summer.

Car sales reps & companies get commission based on profit & volume. They may be more inclined to take a loss/break even at the end of the month if selling another car it's them over the line or bumps them to a higher commission tier.

If you wait though, this could be gone too.

I paid close to double that for an 07 with 67k in July.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I been selling new and used cars for dealers for last 11 years. Things to look for on carfax will be when you see accidents is the following

Vehicle Towed
Airbags Deployed
Frame Damage
Salvage/rebuilt title

That's when you Should worry. I just recently bought my G35 with accident report and was just front bumper cover replaced.

Anyways I think it's safe especially from a new car dealer. Sounds like a good deal. The car could be sold tomorrow or sit for another two month. Just don't wait to long if it's the car for you