Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Decision between two 06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decision between two 06

Hey everyone!
I am soon to be a proud owner of Infiniti G35 2006 Coupe (Had to write it all out, cuz excited! )

However, here are my 2 best options I have:

1. Dark silver, standard rims, lowered TEIN suspension for $2000, 163,000 KM
Been in small (as said by owner) accident in front bumper that was fixed by insurance.
Price: $7500

2. White, decent rims, only 105,000 KM, no accidents but small scratch on a front wheel(no dents)
Price: he wanted $12000, but agreed to $9000.

So thats the dilema, if everything checks out, I should go with #2, right? Both are second owners, the #2 said he got Mercedes SUV because he needed a bigger car so he is selling this one, and as he thinks it's American made, since display is in Miles, the #1 is Canadian.

Now, the 105000KM is dem impressive, however, could it be that the number is fake? I mean.. 9 years to the car... Also anything special I should lookout for with either of those 1 and 2?

Help is much appreciated, since I've never had this kind of a car.

Last edited by DimQ; 08-05-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:47 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
You always want to buy an unmodified car even if its a bit more expensive. The #1 car has been lowered, so he probably demodded his sh!tbox ricer, but didn't have his stock springs (or didn't wanna deal with demodding the suspension). A modded car screams, "I've been driven hard as fukc!". Always go with a clean unmodified car when deciding between the two.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Any pics of these cars? Do they have navigation?

Old 08-05-2015, 05:21 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by DimQ
Hey everyone!
I am soon to be a proud owner of Infiniti G35 2006 Coupe (Had to write it all out, cuz excited! )

However, here are my 2 best options I have:

1. Dark silver, standard rims, lowered TEIN suspension for $2000, 163,000 KM
Been in small (as said by owner) accident in front bumper that was fixed by insurance.
Price: $7500

2. White, decent rims, only 105,000 KM, no accidents but small scratch on a front wheel(no dents)
Price: he wanted $12000, but agreed to $9000.

So thats the dilema, if everything checks out, I should go with #2, right? Both are second owners, the #2 said he got Mercedes SUV because he needed a bigger car so he is selling this one, and as he thinks it's American made, since display is in Miles, the #1 is Canadian.

Now, the 105000KM is dem impressive, however, could it be that the number is fake? I mean.. 9 years to the car... Also anything special I should lookout for with either of those 1 and 2?

Help is much appreciated, since I've never had this kind of a car.
#2 all day long. This one is easy.

105,000 KMs / 65,000 miles is totally legit. Almost no chance that is fake, haven't seen anyone hack the odometer on these cars. I bought my 2005 last year with 43,000 miles, confirmed with a Carfax report. Easy to get a Carfax report, just google it. Some people have a subscription and they will get you a Carfax report for your VIN for free, or even a couple a bucks via a Paypal gift. Get a Carfax.

Don't worry about the rim scratches. Lots of places can repair a rim like brand new, if it bothers you that much, for a few hundred bucks.

And no accidents, get the car with no accidents. Someone's idea of a minor accident may be that the car wasn't totaled. Carfax does not always show all accidents, especially if they pay out of pocket.

Un-modded car. Always get the unmolested car if you can. No telling what else the "modder" did to it, and sometimes it is not good. At least if it is all stock, you have exactly what the engineers designed for the car. Don't get me wrong, I love to mod, but some people "build" some junk, and then dump it a buyer who thinks he is getting a deal on an already modded car.

Navigation does not matter. Ten year old navigation system is close to worthless. Everybody uses their smart phone these days anyway. Waze app can tell me where every accident and cop is on my route (well, about 99% of the time) and gets updated constantly.

Easy, number 2, Is that 9000 Canadian or US dollars?

Last edited by Hatchman; 08-05-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Depends what "decent rims" means

Old 08-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
You always want to buy an unmodified car even if its a bit more expensive. The #1 car has been lowered, so he probably demodded his sh!tbox ricer, but didn't have his stock springs (or didn't wanna deal with demodding the suspension). A modded car screams, "I've been driven hard as fukc!". Always go with a clean unmodified car when deciding between the two.
What he said.

Always go for unmodded cars....especially when they are 10 years old

Old 08-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Thank you for all the info on this case!
So #2 all the way.
Here's a pic where you can see car and rim

Hatchman, are you that certain about the legitimacy of mileage on the car and not hackable odometer?

I am taking it to a mechanic to check it out before I buy.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Thank you for all the info on this case!
So #2 all the way.
Here's a pic where you can see car and rim

Hatchman, are you that certain about the legitimacy of mileage on the car and not hackable odometer?

I am taking it to a mechanic to check it out before I buy.
Those "descent rims" are the stock 19" Rays. Very good wheels, keep those as they are great and there is not much better for the price.

I see it does have NAV, Wheat interior, 5AT (mine too), I like the rear wing, it's the Sport edition with the Rays/front spoiler/rear wing/aluminum pedals, so that is cool.
Motor looks unmolested, still has the stock air box. Memory seats! I'm jealous. Judging from the condition of the interior, especially the driver's seat that always rips, it looks like a low mileage car. My driver's seat looks worse with less miles. Steering wheel and the rest of the interior looks to be a well taken care of low mileage car.

Yeah, I'd buy that, 65,118 miles on the odometer seems legit. Why did they take pictures with coke bottles in the cup holder? Weird...

99.99% sure the mileage hasn't been hacked. I am 100% sure it is possible, you can hack anything, but extremely low chance that mileage has been hacked. Your mechanic should easily be able to look at the car and tell you if it's legit. Lots of below 70K mile G35s out there, no big deal. Heck, I just sold my 2005 Mustang with 37K miles on it. Low miles is not unheard of. But easy to confirm, what is the VIN number? Get somebody to run a Carfax for you. Too easy.

Car looks good.. Good luck! Keep us informed.

Last edited by Hatchman; 08-05-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:37 PM
6MT or nah

Old 08-05-2015, 04:40 PM
9k CAD
Automatic (daily driver)
Has nav, but yea, that is outdated. All nice and clean inside, light leather interior.
Seller will order the Carfax. Tomorrow will know everything.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
9k CAD
Automatic (daily driver)
dont give us that automatic trans daily driver bullshitt. lol
everyones got a lame excuse for why they didnt get a 6mt. if it isnt- it isnt lol and thats ok.
dont try to reason it away though

anyways, #2 without question.

also what are "standard rims"...

Old 08-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Like hatch said, you can reasonably legitimize mileage by condition of the interior. The more its been driven, the more wear you'll see on the interior. If it's got an untorn seat, its most certainly a low mileage car. Unless the owner is a midget who doesn't weigh more than 80lbs drives it. Then it's up in the air.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
dont give us that automatic trans daily driver bullshitt. lol
everyones got a lame excuse for why they didnt get a 6mt. if it isnt- it isnt lol and thats ok.
dont try to reason it away though

anyways, #2 without question.

also what are "standard rims"...
Yeah, I love manuals. My first car was an auto and I changed it to a manual. But for the last twenty years, I move 20 feet at a time, sometimes hundreds of times, waiting in gate traffic to get on base every morning. After you push the clutch in and out hundreds of times moving 20' at a time at 5 mph... a manual starts to loose it's appeal.

One day, the only manuals will be in the bottom line, cheapest models. The autos are already faster, and get better gas mileage. You can't out shift the computer in today's sports car. I do love spinning in third with a clutch though...

Old 08-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Yeah, I love manuals. My first car was an auto and I changed it to a manual. But for the last twenty years, I move 20 feet at a time, sometimes hundreds of times, waiting in gate traffic to get on base every morning. After you push the clutch in and out hundreds of times moving 20' at a time at 5 mph... a manual starts to loose it's appeal.

One day, the only manuals will be in the bottom line, cheapest models. The autos are already faster, and get better gas mileage. You can't out shift the computer in today's sports car. I do love spinning in third with a clutch though...
Ft.Campbell is freaking awful in the mornings!! Even through all the struggle getting on post, nothing beats being able to drop some gears on the way home.
Air Assault!!

Old 08-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Hatchman

I don't think manuals will only be in the bottom line of cars. I agree that in traffic, I absolutely hate my clutch, but luckily I've only been in traffic about 10 times since I've owned it.

However, while traffic jams (if that's a regular thing for you) are a legit reason to go auto, shifting speed isn't why I drive a stick. I like to "drive" the car as they say, and I really want/need the feel and complete control that comes with a manual tranny.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Decision between two 06