Canada Serving Canada.

Toronto Rim King Repair Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Toronto Rim King Repair Review

Hey whats up all fellow members thought i'd share my story of what happened to me when i purchased a set of 19" coupe Rays off a g35 owner in Mississauga from Kijji. So i went out to pick up a set and that seemed like a good deal. it Had some scuffs but i told the buyer, aslong as they weren't bent or cracked then everyhting was good and he ensured me that they were good and if they were bent or cracked he'd give me my money back. So being the dumby i am i aggreed and paid him for the rims, i mean they seemed like they were good, good rubber on them to (khumos) with about 75-80% tread, which i thought i could make some money back by selling them becuase i wanted to go 245/40/19 all around. So i took them home.

I ordered Continentals Extrmes DW 245/40/19 all around from tire rack (Neal tire rack vendor) was helpful enough to make sure things went smooth with the transaction and get them sent them out quickly ASAP. I got them put on balanced and installed with nitrogen filled and two days later while i was on the 401 at about 110-120km i was wobbling a bit. i was unsure so i got the tire balance rechecked and it turned out all 4 rims were bent, i was as f*ck i called the dude i got them from and of course he denied knowing they were bent and said maybe i bent them My local shop sent them out to Carcones but they deemed one of the rims irrepairable.

So i was stuck with 4 bent forged rays with scuffs and one rim being irrepairable , So i did some research and contacted some memebers off the G35driver forum Beemer forum and Subaru club and they all recommended different shops but i called them up they all seemed shady and quoted me ridiculous prices for straightening and refinishing them. My friend told me to call up Paul or his brother Goffredo @ Toronto Rim Repair King http://www.rimkingrepair.com/ ,i got in contact with paul on the phone and i explained to him what happened and feeling bad for me being ripped off he agreed on helping me out and gave me a fair price on repairing them so i agreed for straightening them and refinishing the wheels.

So i went out to meet them and at first i was skeptackle because when i arrived at the address given to me, it was a house and not a business unit. So i said lets check it out maybe they have a shop somewhere. So I was greeted by Goffredo who explained They are actually more of a mobile service. Goffredo explained they do what can be done mobile and whatever cant is done at a shop they are contracted with, (they do all the work of course). He explained the process to me that these were not badly damaged after putting them on the machine and can easily be repaired, He also showed me different paints and finishes I could go with. So i left the rims in there hands and was told next week they could be delivered to my house mounted and balanced back.

I recieved the rims the following week and wow, they turned out amazing, i had asked for a little darker tint in the wheel paint and it turned out great. Goffredo told me if i didnt like it hed repaint it at no charge and deliver them back in 2-3business days, but i liked them. I thought they turned out great. I previously had asked if they could take pictures on each step from prep to finish and a detail outlining whats beeing done but, it wasnt possible due to not being allowed to shown the companys process due to the business wanting to keep that part on confidential. But i thought it would be a good idea to show members the quality of work.

Overall it was unfortunate for me for what had happened but thanks to Toronto Rim King repair for helping me out. I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to get there rims fixed wether itd be curb rash or straightening. Good pricing, honest and reliable service and the rims where delivered on time. If you guys are looking to get into contact with them here are there contact info: It doesnt hurt to get a estimate while your shopping around, but there a company that i can honestly vouch for.

http://www.rimkingrepair.com

Paul: 647-297-1574

Goffredo: 647-991-3207

P.S. I know everyones always wanting pictures but i dont have a camera, but if your in the peel region, your more then welcome to come by and see them in person.

-Indy( sorry for the long as$ writeup.)

The following users liked this post:
InTgr8r (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
How much?

Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 AM
it depends you'd have to contact them for exact pricing, there legit, give them a shout they'll even come by your place or work

Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
I had one of my rims re-finished and it turned out great.

I would recommend them to anyone looking for any type of wheel re-finishing.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by anotherOAKg
I had one of my rims re-finished and it turned out great.

I would recommend them to anyone looking for any type of wheel re-finishing.
+1 luv the way they turned out and i thought id be stuck with irrepairable wheels

Old 07-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by indy_500
+1 luv the way they turned out and i thought id be stuck with irrepairable wheels
Glad to hear that everything worked out for you.
Thanks for posting, it's always nice to hear good things about a vendor; we all too often only hear about screw ups.

FWIW I've also had a good experience with Union Rim repair
They just did a great job on these for me

Name:  2501db04.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  105.6 KB

Name:  a0e76652.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  87.5 KB

Last edited by InTgr8r; 07-03-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Glad it worked out for you indy and as InTgr8r says, always great too hear good vendor stories.

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 07-03-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: sp
The following users liked this post:
indy_500 (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 06:08 PM
NYT
My buddy with a G37 just had his OEM rims powder coated black by these guys and he's happy too. He got their # off the side of a truck

Old 07-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by NYT
My buddy with a G37 just had his OEM rims powder coated black by these guys and he's happy too. He got their # off the side of a truck
speaking of trucks....
It was interesting that a Carcone's truck was in at Union Rim when I was there.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
NYT
LOL. He got their # off the side of a Rim King cube truck that parks in his neighborhood.

If I make it too the Meat Meet you can see his wheels.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:14 PM
All i need now is BC coilovers and a fender roll and get my new OEM front lip painted,

Old 07-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ Where'd you get the OEM Front Lip From??

Old 07-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by indy_500
All i need now is BC coilovers and a fender roll and get my new OEM front lip painted,
Hit me up for the rolling! and if nothing is seized on your car the suspension too lol

Good to hear they came great, there's a lot of shady guys in the wheel industry that will turn their back on your for a quick buck.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by Imperial1
^^ Where'd you get the OEM Front Lip From??
LoL, this is a tru story, I posted a WTB ad since i first joined the club in jan 2011, but never got any deals as they always fell through the cracks. Alotta people were just telling me to buy the replica from ionic ,(NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE IONIC LIP, but i was set on getting the orginal OEM Lip) so i never gave up and finally i was able to get my hands on a bnib lip from a member of the club, I also got the nismo sides from another member.all i can say is goodluck man but be ready to dump enough cash keep checkin private classified exterior parts and jump on a deal when you see it.Cheers

Old 07-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Sounds like the guy that was trying to sell those wheels on here, not sure if it was the same guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Toronto Rim King Repair Review