Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

TT Misfiring and extra rich please help ninjas!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
TT Misfiring and extra rich please help ninjas!

So i have a fully built stage 1 motor with upgrade JWT twin turbo.

Just recently i threw a check engine code thats for a misfire. When i go almost full throttle or close to it, the AF ratio drops below 10 and the car starts to like choke/stutter/buck.

Any ideas? Its running off a split second piggyback, Greddy Digital Profec B boost controller, 550cc injectors, walboro 255 fuel pump and stock MAF sensor and the BOV is recirculated.

Any input would help.

Im probably going to haveto get osiris instead, which i then will probably have to get 1000cc injectors and 400 fuel pump to support. Also an upgraded MAF sensor will be needed i was told, so does anyone have any they recommend other than the UPREV sensor?

Thank you guys for all your help. Id normally take it to my tuner, but i moved and the shop that built it (vinny ten racing) is almost 4 hours away

Name:  20130602_001638_zps8060d16b.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  97.6 KB

Old 06-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Not sure why your AFR is dipping that low...but that's too rich.

What misfire code are you throwing (cylinder specific or

I would start by checking all hoses and clamps one may have popped off.

If ur getting a misfire for a specific cylinder then check the spark plug to see if it has oil on it or if its fouled.

The following users liked this post:
TTBUILTG (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by o__O
Not sure why your AFR is dipping that low...but that's too rich.

What misfire code are you throwing (cylinder specific or

I would start by checking all hoses and clamps one may have popped off.

If ur getting a misfire for a specific cylinder then check the spark plug to see if it has oil on it or if its fouled.
Sorry it's supposed to say "cylinder specific or random misfire"

Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
If its not your charge piping its your stock maf kicking the car into safe mode. If its only resolved by shutting the car off and turning it back on there is a good possibility that's what it is.

If shutting it off and turning back on doesn't resolve it then I suspect the piping has come off somewhere and is leaking intermittently.

I also suggest you get your story straight on not only your equipment but on your performance. Not that I care to measure d1cks as much as just getting tired of reading different info yet being shown the same pictures over and over again.

Last edited by Eno; 06-04-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
Who's going to be tuning the car now?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Banned
It doesnt stall out, it just drops bellow 10 A/F and starts to hesitate/hiccup and the rpms dont climb. Its only under fast acceleration or/while going into full boost. If i work the throttle right its just fine.

when i get my new stuff put on they will do a boost leak check so hopefully it is just a pipe. Actually now that you said that, sometimes when i start the car for like half a second there is a clicking/knocking vibrating noise so maybe its a loose IC pipe,or maybe an exhaust pipes loose. If it was engine knock or something bad it wouldnt go away instantly and wouldnt only happen sometimes right? again it only makes that noise at startup and for less than a second. I have plenty of oil as well.

I wonder if maybe i got a bad fill of gas thats causing all this crap.

lol what, what info was not right? I havnt said i have anything that i dont. I have a fully built motor and a twin turbo setup, i never claim i have something i dont. i supplied the youtube of my car dynoing at 571 and supply the pictures so that people can see the setup and get a better idea.

I appreciate your input, but dont really like nor care for unneeded and incorrect comments.

Seymore, i had NO idea it was you from ebay. Talk about a small world, thats wild lol. How did you figure out that i was the one that was talking to you on there?

And Jtune www.jtuneperformance.com is the one installing theOsiris, Uprev MAF, 1000cc injectors, FPR and doing the tune. Again thanks for all your help

Old 06-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
Magic

I know Hok @ Jtune personally, you're in more than capable hands. He's very good at what he does

TTBUILTG (06-07-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
[QUOTE=TTBUILTG;6762146]So i have a fully built stage 1 motor with upgrade JWT twin turbo.

Just recently i threw a check engine code thats for a misfire. When i go almost full throttle or close to it, the AF ratio drops below 10 and the car starts to like choke/stutter/buck.

Any ideas? Its running off a split second piggyback, Greddy Digital Profec B boost controller, 550cc injectors, walboro 255 fuel pump and stock MAF sensor and the BOV is recirculated.

Any input would help.

Im probably going to haveto get osiris instead, which i then will probably have to get 1000cc injectors and 400 fuel pump to support. Also an upgraded MAF sensor will be needed i was told, so does anyone have any they recommend other than the UPREV sensor?

If you have the JWT BB700 kit you shouldn't need 1000cc injectors to maximize your output. 750cc max UNLESS you're thinking of going the e85 route down the line. When i was misfiring similar to your explanation all the shop did for me was tell me a coil pack was loose lol. Problem solved though.

TTBUILTG (06-07-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Eno
Originally Posted by TTBUILTG

I have a fully built Stage 1 Racing motor/tranny and upgraded 70bb JWT twin turbo (built by Vinny Ten racing)
My lowest boost setting is just over 650whp, and is my dependable daily driver.
[

Okay man- well good luck resolving the issues with your 650whp beast with your 550cc injectors.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Eno
Okay man- well good luck resolving the issues with your 650whp beast with your 550cc injectors.
Whoa there turbo don't cross the line without the right info. I am just informing you that back when I had my BB700 kit that was the issue I had and how it was resolved. I'm using DW1000s to power my car.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Eno
Um- as you can see from my quote I wasn't even talking to you.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Eno
Um- as you can see from my quote I wasn't even talking to you.
Touché!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Banned
eno jeeze, heaven forbid i hit the 6 instead of the 5 for "a little over 550hp" i mean its not like the 6 is right next to the 5 and might accidentally been hit.

People like you that make stupid comments that has nothing to do with anything the thread is about is what made me hesitate from joining this forum in the first place after seein how people treated my fiance on here.

Just a little fyi, i do indeed have 550cc deatschwerks, Stock fuel rails, the JWT intank fmu with the 255lph pump, stock MAF sensor, and put out 571. If you dont believe me, read the tech section of the JWT website. With the stock fuel rails drilled out, and the in pump fmu/walboro combo, you can very easily put out over 600whp.

Sp maybe do some research before you go and make yourself look ignorant k thanks.

but to everyone else who has been so wonderful and continues to help, i greatly appreciate it.

I do think/hope the missfire/High AF hiccups, is just from a loose intercooler pipe or hose, or something very easy and free to fix lol. I was told that when i switch from split second piggyback to osiris with the uprev GT MAS my car will run incredibly safe and reliable, as well as clearing those codes. For 1600$ it better fix everything haha.

When i get that all done this week he is going to run a Boost leak check, so thatll let me know if its just a loose fitting somewhere. There is a little oil leak coming from one of the couplers running into the intercooler so maybe its air escaping from that.

lastly, i was thinking of taking out the FMU and going with a FPR and fuel return system, but id my current fuel setup is safe and works just fine, i dont see the need of spending hundreds of more dollars to overhaul the fuel system. im a strong believer that "if somethings not broken,dont fix it" haha

thanks again everyone, and please keep the ideas/positive input coming. Im sure others will find this useful in the future

Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Eno
Look at it from my side for a second before you step on that soap box. Not only did you get your engine build wrong in your own sig you also typoed your hp in one of your original contributions. I don't mind eating my words- except my words were to "get your story straight."

By that I meant "put in the right details" and considering a bunch of them were conflicting they were worth correcting. If you want to be all dicky about it suit yourself.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Thumbs up

I have an uprev gt maf that I can sell u...pm me if interested

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TT Misfiring and extra rich please help ninjas!