G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Question About my G35 05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Question About my G35 05

Hello every one got a couple question hope you guy can help me out.

1. My sunroof working fine until one day it suddenly stop working, there no clicking sound or anything that i know of like the motor's broken, stuck or anything, the fuse is fine...done some research but none are like my problem. Got any idea?????

2. it a 05 so the paint is old, you guy think i should warp or repaint the car, or just do the $300 detailing (clean in to out + polish ext)

3. My G is a auto but i love to go w the manual shift, is there any right way to do it, do i need to kick the break and shift or just holding gas and shift????

4. I planting on changing out my new brake disk ( slot n drill ) of course have to look cool any recommend brand?

ps. I will try to post of my G pics soon and excuse for my english

Old 11-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Kelvin Nguyen
Hello every one got a couple question hope you guy can help me out.

1. My sunroof working fine until one day it suddenly stop working, there no clicking sound or anything that i know of like the motor's broken, stuck or anything, the fuse is fine...done some research but none are like my problem. Got any idea?????

2. it a 05 so the paint is old, you guy think i should warp or repaint the car, or just do the $300 detailing (clean in to out + polish ext)

3. My G is a auto but i love to go w the manual shift, is there any right way to do it, do i need to kick the break and shift or just holding gas and shift????

4. I planting on changing out my new brake disk ( slot n drill ) of course have to look cool any recommend brand?

ps. I will try to post of my G pics soon and excuse for my english
#1) Did you check the fuse?

#2) What's your budget? Paint is something you get what you pay for, so if you really want to repaint the car, you can spend anywhere from $2000-5000 depending on how nice a job you want. You could get it painted cheaper, but this is where "you get what you pay for" comes into play.

#3) Just hold the gas steady and shift. It's not like a true stick shift where you need to lift off the gas. Just keep your foot steady on the upshift and downshift and the car will do the rest.

#4) I dunno because I like my rotors solid

The following users liked this post:
Kelvin Nguyen (11-21-2014)
Old 11-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
fkn ricers driving auto like its a manual. will never understand that

Old 11-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
1) This car has some pretty complicated electronics, I know you checked all fuses, but have you tried replacing it with the spare in the fuse box?

2) You get what you pay for, so be careful with going to a place that does $200 paint jobs. A good detail may be good enough, like you mentioned.

3) Don't do this too often, you'll likely wreck your tranny. If you like to drive stick then see if you can trade-up to a 6MT. It'll cost you way less than a new transmission. But no.. you don't need to left off the gas just drive normally.

4) IMO, this isn't worth all of the money and effort. Unless you are driving Nascar fast all of the time, you don't need cross drilled rotors. If you still want to go that way however, StopTech is probably the way to go. Me personally, just did the Autozone Duralast Gold.

The following users liked this post:
Kelvin Nguyen (11-21-2014)
Old 11-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Mustang5L5>>> yes i did check the fuse, every thing is good nothing burring..

Old 11-21-2014, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by cmaster
1) This car has some pretty complicated electronics, I know you checked all fuses, but have you tried replacing it with the spare in the fuse box?

2) You get what you pay for, so be careful with going to a place that does $200 paint jobs. A good detail may be good enough, like you mentioned.

3) Don't do this too often, you'll likely wreck your tranny. If you like to drive stick then see if you can trade-up to a 6MT. It'll cost you way less than a new transmission. But no.. you don't need to left off the gas just drive normally.

4) IMO, this isn't worth all of the money and effort. Unless you are driving Nascar fast all of the time, you don't need cross drilled rotors. If you still want to go that way however, StopTech is probably the way to go. Me personally, just did the Autozone Duralast Gold.
thank you, i will try to replace the spare one tmr and let u know asap.What u mean by wretch i mean is it ok to do so if u do the right way?.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:38 AM
Well if you drive it aggressively continually it would be like all things, you'll wear out parts. Am AT is meant to be well, automatic, as the name implies. The manual overide is meant for overtaking on highways and such, not for daily driving and especially not aggressively.

Plus, the 6MT is just sooo fun.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by Kelvin Nguyen
Mustang5L5>>> yes i did check the fuse, every thing is good nothing burring..

Tell me where is the fuse for the sunroof

Old 11-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Well if you checked the fuse box and all appears to be fine and you don't want to get reamed by the dealer... Try this write-up... Apparently this is a very common problem

https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-diy/413223-diy-sunroof-stuck-open-fix-screw-all-v36-s.html

Old 11-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Saywat>> is it locate on driver side left foot, http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Fi...8_225357_1.jpg

Cmaster>> well i didnt know it untill u got me, anyway can we use manual shift for bracket racing??
-and yet i did try to replace the spare one but still not working, Im gonna try out the new thread you post. Let u know asap thank you .

Old 11-24-2014, 02:41 AM
And u checked the one under the hood?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Saywat > yes i kind of checking it the one near the battery, i think it call F50 s.t still work pretty fine. Thank you

Cmaster> T_T Go through the whole process, sadly the screw still in the place check the fuse, check the motor, check the screw, check the power ignite......etc, could locate the problem. I guess have to bring my G to the dealer then thank you very much for the infor those