G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Z1 vs adams rotors vs stop tech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Z1 vs adams rotors vs stop tech

I chose my pads "project mu"
Now i cant choose rotors. I read good things about adams rotors, but the company is fairly new

Someone recommended stop tech but have read they warped on a few people

Now i found out about z1 bbk . 400 got all rotors .
How much of an upgrade is it? Is z1 worth it? I have an 03 with brembo and my rears are gone so i need to decide quick .

Old 03-08-2015, 12:48 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
new? we founded in 2006...we've been in the business over 10 years.
we urge you to read more about AR, what we do, and how we do it here: www.adamsrotors.com/info
you'll also notice some very helpful/informative frequently asked questions listed too!

...and we're also paid vendor supporters/sponsers here on on the boards.
feel free to email us directly with any questions or concerns you may have.

The following 2 users liked this post by adamsrotors:
NepTuneZ (03-09-2015), Urbanengineer (03-08-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Yup awesome site ^

Old 03-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by adamsrotors
new? we founded in 2006...we've been in the business over 10 years.
we urge you to read more about AR, what we do, and how we do it here: www.adamsrotors.com/info
you'll also notice some very helpful/informative frequently asked questions listed too!

...and we're also paid vendor supporters/sponsers here on on the boards.
feel free to email us directly with any questions or concerns you may have.

Not for nothing but I'm asking peoples opinions and you chiming in like that is gonna stop certian people from giving them. You could have sent me a private message, and as you see i sent you one yesterday cause i was leaning toward your rotors. What you just did is kind of corny and 9 years is new when it comes to these things. Just like Kia would be considered pretty new..

Anyways can you guys give your opinions on what rotors i should get. Its a daily driver, using project mu pads. Just looking for something thats gonna perform well with those pads and a brembo caliper .

Old 03-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I switched to DBA rotors about 30k miles ago and wouldn't use anything else! Pad life has increased, they don't warp and stop on a dime even during/after aggressive driving. Several vendors sell them on our Marketplace under vendor brakes! Oh yea, they look cool too...Gary
(most rotor warping is caused by some jackwad being aggressive with a impact gun...fact)

Old 03-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
I switched to DBA rotors about 30k miles ago and wouldn't use anything else! Pad life has increased, they don't warp and stop on a dime even during/after aggressive driving. Several vendors sell them on our Marketplace under vendor brakes! Oh yea, they look cool too...Gary
(most rotor warping is caused by some jackwad being aggressive with a impact gun...fact)
Whats dba

Old 03-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Siciliang35
Not for nothing but I'm asking peoples opinions and you chiming in like that is gonna stop certian people from giving them. You could have sent me a private message, and as you see i sent you one yesterday cause i was leaning toward your rotors. What you just did is kind of corny and 9 years is new when it comes to these things. Just like Kia would be considered pretty new..

Anyways can you guys give your opinions on what rotors i should get. Its a daily driver, using project mu pads. Just looking for something thats gonna perform well with those pads and a brembo caliper .
ask away, that totally understandable.
but stop certain people? a PM to a public post? what I just did? corny?
...what the heck are you talking about man?

I'm a forum member, user, and vendor here and I saw a thread mentioning our company and chimed in with an honest answer.
it sounded misinformed so I explained it and added a link; a gesture to look more into us for yourself.

to say we are "new" is almost an insult for a small, thriving business who's nearly been around a decade, building this business to what it's become, with the ability to support this very forum you're using.
what's "not new" exactly, a quarter century? it was an odd comment in the OP with a perfectly fine response on our end...and your reply now has me even more confused.

be well, and goodluck with your rotor selection.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Whats dba
Go to our Marketplace under vendor brakes and check out the DBA rotors. We can recommend what works for us but you need to do the research!
Gary

Old 03-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
From what I've read Adams is the bomb .com but I can't afford them or Id be using the products they offer. However I just read the reviews from other members, and didn't actually install them

Old 03-08-2015, 10:01 PM
I'm hearing good things about adams, just read the same about dba. My question now is will project pads and either of these rotors match the oem 60-0 113 feet stopping distance?

Old 03-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Coming from OC autosports rotors, I just purchased Adams rotors about 3 months ago. Could not be happier with the craftsmanship, performance, and service (and I'm picky when it comes to car parts). When I took them to my local tuner/mechanic to have them installed, he even commented on them that they were really nice and a notch above what he typically sees. I havent had any experience with Stoptech, but you can't go wrong with AR.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
You spent the money on a good set of pads, and Adams rotors are a great quality 2 piece. Z1 is nice (also new) and Stoptech set the standard for affordable quality braking systems. People reference them when talking brake tech because their research is backed by facts and quality tests.

They are all great choices and it really comes down to personal choice. You get quality stopping, but what looks best with your system?

Old 03-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Good point urban... I went with adams slotted and drilled with a black coat. Thats gonna look good since I'm painting the calipers red.

Would replacing the brake lines and brake fluid make for even better performance? If so what brand fluid ?

Old 03-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ 100%. and we can offer both...shoot us an email.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Good point urban... I went with adams slotted and drilled with a black coat. Thats gonna look good since I'm painting the calipers red. Would replacing the brake lines and brake fluid make for even better performance? If so what brand fluid ?
Street use you won't notice a difference. Track use where you use enough braking to swell the stock lines, which will require a higher temp for fluid and stainless line upgrade.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Z1 vs adams rotors vs stop tech