G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help!! P0335 code, randomly stuttering..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help!! P0335 code, randomly stuttering..

I was wondering if someone has ran into this before? I have read most of the threads with this issue and tried to do all that was recommended. I have an 07 g35 coupe auto. Im having a weird stuttering problem. its random and feels like im hitting the rev-limiter. Could be when im at 2K, 3K, 4K rpm. mostly when I accelerate sharply. Throws a P0335 code which is the crank sensor code. If the check engine light goes on, it usually goes on with CEL and VDC off light. Sometimes it doesnt throw a light, but has a pending code if you run it with a scanner. I have swapped at least 5 used sensors. Dont think they can all be bad, or could they? But they do behave differently, some of them the stutter is a lot more often, others it very rare. Just for testing purposes, I bypassed the crank wiring all the way to the ecu connector. Also, checked the signal plate, seems like its its good. Also changed two sets of cam sensors. Could it be something else that the ecu doesnt catch that makes it stutter and then the crank sensor picks up the wierd pattern? Kinda lost as of right now.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Nobody responding, but its worth a shot.. Today I bought a brand new nissan crank sensor. Installed it and the car stutters a lot more often. Dies when I put it in drive or reverse. Thought it might be the connector. Swapped the sensors back and forth with the one I can drive with and both of them act pretty much consistent. One stutters fairly rarely when I accelerate fairly hard, and the new one stutters the whole time, cant really drive it.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
06g35,

For what is worth, being that you have tried a new sensor and numerous used ones with similar results, yes you could have a connector or wiring problem. I was looking at the circuit diagram and if you have an intermittent ECM Relay that could also cause the problem. Consider swapping it for troubleshooting with another relay in the same fuse block. The relay is located in the IPDM E/R Module, this sits behind the battery on the firewall. Reference service manual section EC, page 378. I recently experienced a similar event with my G, I have posted my problem in the Uh Oh thread. I just ordered a new sensor from rockauto.com.

Good luck

Old 09-25-2015, 11:31 PM
I appreciate the response wuzz-upp. Just to give more details on whats going on. I have access to all the parts I need from another 07 g35. I have been swapping everything for the last week or so. I have swapped the whole fuse box with no luck. Swapped the ecu ( and the bcm, ignition and intelligent key computer so I can test it without reprogramming) with no luck. swapped the MAF sensor with throttle body; no luck. Checked the crank signal plate if its aligned and to see if there's any nicks or if its out of round; seems straight (unless it goes out of round when under load if there's a crack in the flyweel).

Old 09-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by 06g35
I appreciate the response wuzz-upp. Just to give more details on whats going on. I have access to all the parts I need from another 07 g35. I have been swapping everything for the last week or so. I have swapped the whole fuse box with no luck. Swapped the ecu ( and the bcm, ignition and intelligent key computer so I can test it without reprogramming) with no luck. swapped the MAF sensor with throttle body; no luck. Checked the crank signal plate if its aligned and to see if there's any nicks or if its out of round; seems straight (unless it goes out of round when under load if there's a crack in the flyweel).
Wow! sounds like you have been hard at work, I feel for you. Intermittent problems are a pain in the A@#. I have attached a couple if diagrams out of the service manual for you. From the looks of it, I believe you definitely have a faulty connection some where in the harness/connectors. There are a couple of grounds that are identified in the troubleshooting (T/S) section that you should consider looking at. I would follow all the steps for ground T/S and eliminate that portion. FYI, the PG section of the service manual shows a detail view of the harness ground connections and the different harness pin feeds. Search for ground M66 or M30 in the PG section, and you will get there. Don't forget to do a really good detail inspection of the Crankshaft position sensor connector for condition and wiring attachment to the pins.

Good luck, its a lot of work, but I know I don't have to tell you that, you've already invested a lot of time.

Attached Thumbnails Need help!! P0335 code, randomly stuttering..-capture.png   Need help!! P0335 code, randomly stuttering..-capture-1.png   Need help!! P0335 code, randomly stuttering..-capture-2.png   Need help!! P0335 code, randomly stuttering..-capture-3.png  

Last edited by wuzz-upp; 09-26-2015 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added text
Old 10-15-2015, 08:24 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Wazz-upp, I appreciate all your help; however, went through all the diagnostics and didn't get anywhere. So I kinda parked the car for a few weeks and last week decided to take out the tranny hoping to find a cracked flywheel. I didn't find that, but after examining the flywheel against another flywheel I had, I noticed that the mounting surface compared to the signal plate was 1.2mm shorter than of the original meaning that the flywheel was pushed toward the engine basically 1/16th of an inch. This was enough for the car to run perfectly fine until I put a load on it and it would move over just a bit, but enough to get out of range of the crank sensor. This explained why all sensors behaved different. There is a little bit of wiggle room to mount the sensor either closer or further away from the engine but not enough to keep it in range under different loads. If you examine the sensor closely ( put a sharp metal object to the magnetic part ) you will notice that the actual magnet is only about 1/8 of an inch in the middle of the plastic sensor, therefore, would not take much to jump out of the range. I installed the new flywheel and not once did it stutter.

Hope this help someone who might have had or will have this issue. It would probably be just as possible to drill the mounting hole in the sensor just a bit to move it closer or further away from the engine depending on the circumstance..

Wazz-upp, again, I really appreciate the effort to go through this issue with me!!

Old 10-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by 06g35
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Wazz-upp, I appreciate all your help; however, went through all the diagnostics and didn't get anywhere. So I kinda parked the car for a few weeks and last week decided to take out the tranny hoping to find a cracked flywheel. I didn't find that, but after examining the flywheel against another flywheel I had, I noticed that the mounting surface compared to the signal plate was 1.2mm shorter than of the original meaning that the flywheel was pushed toward the engine basically 1/16th of an inch. This was enough for the car to run perfectly fine until I put a load on it and it would move over just a bit, but enough to get out of range of the crank sensor. This explained why all sensors behaved different. There is a little bit of wiggle room to mount the sensor either closer or further away from the engine but not enough to keep it in range under different loads. If you examine the sensor closely ( put a sharp metal object to the magnetic part ) you will notice that the actual magnet is only about 1/8 of an inch in the middle of the plastic sensor, therefore, would not take much to jump out of the range. I installed the new flywheel and not once did it stutter.

Hope this help someone who might have had or will have this issue. It would probably be just as possible to drill the mounting hole in the sensor just a bit to move it closer or further away from the engine depending on the circumstance..

Wazz-upp, again, I really appreciate the effort to go through this issue with me!!
06g35, truly my pleasure to try and help anyone when I can. !Wow! what a find, that was very good trouble shooting, who would of thunk that? Thank god you have skills, tools and parts, good job Bro! I'm trying to figure out how this happened? What do you think caused the signal plate to be off?

Old 08-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe. Plenum spacer, k&n filter, z tube. Muffler delete.
Hey I'm so sorry to bring this back up, but I'm having the exact same symptoms as you stated with it stuttering whole flooring it at different rpms. I'm wondering what could have caused the fly wheel to me up? I started having this issue after I changed all my sensors to some cheap eBay sensors. Then I put OEM cam and crank sensors and my issue is still here. I have a pending crank sensor code. What exactly did you do to get the issue fixed? Changed your fly wheel or messed with the sensors install position. And I also find it funny that my sensor doesn't stick all the way into my bell housing because of the o ring. I'm gonna try taking that o-ring off as it wasn't on the one I originally pulled but it was on the OEM sensors I ordered in the mail... (I believe...)

Old 08-03-2019, 09:04 AM
Sensors

If I recall, I bought my cam and crank sensors from Rockauto.com. I would focus on the sensor that is sticking out. The distance between the sensor and pick-up point is critical. Use Vaseline on the o-ring and push hard to get the sensor in place, don't remove the o-ring or you may have oil leaking from there. You may think the original sensors you removed did't have them, but I am sure they did. What happen is that the the o-rings got flatten and no longer looked like o-rings.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:14 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,459 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Your OEM sensor o-ring is probably still stuck in the head and preventing you from fully seating the new sensor.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:46 AM
My sensor basically goes as far as it can, unless it can go further in and I'm unaware of something. But where it sits has 2 different heights on both sides and the side where it actually gets bolted to is stuck out further than the opposite side. So with or without the o-ring it's not getting any further or shorter.

Last edited by Kyronsk8; 08-03-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:54 AM
So after switching back to the original (which I thought had an issue) the car is fine and I can floor it to my actual redline. It does not and didn't have an o-ring on it.

So now I'm wondering if it's just the sensors I ordered. They claim to be OEM for all 3, all at 40-45 bucks. Can it be confirmed of they are original or not?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173945940894

Old 08-03-2019, 10:59 AM
From what I am looking at, the sensor is still not all the way in.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by wuzz-upp
From what I am looking at, the sensor is still not all the way in.
Yes I apologize, I took the pic while it wasn't screwed in, basically just referencing how much space I had to go and how it wouldn't go further than that basically.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:14 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,459 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Those are knockoffs, the sticker isn't right. It shouldn't say "NISSAN GROUP" It should just say in big letters "NISSAN" then next to it in smaller print "GENUINE PARTS" like this picture here.

The following users liked this post:
Kyronsk8 (08-03-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help!! P0335 code, randomly stuttering..