G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please help with my 05 coupe!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help with my 05 coupe!!

I recently bought my second G35. This time i got a 2005 5AT coupe. I have been driving it perfectly for the last 2-3 months. Only changed about 2 months ago with fully synthetic. No lights at all for those months. Last night, i started the car and it took 2 cranks to fully start since the first one didnt ignite it. I thought nothing of it and thought it was because of the weather (Toronto).

I drove it for about 10 minutes and came to a red light. The SES, oil, and a bunch of other lights came on and the car stalled out and wouldnt turn back on. I still had gas and the battery still had juice.

Here is an example of what my car sounded like (not my video):

I have read posts about the 2 cam sensors but none of them said anything about low oil light coming on. My car would not restart. It is currently sitting. I tried to boost it and restart but nothing.

Extra: Prior to this incident, no lights were on the dash. Synthetic oil was used, 91 gas, HKS exhaust.

I appreciate all the help!

Last edited by brandon2k; 01-18-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:56 PM
I think the oil light is only coming on since you have the car in start position. I would try the cam sensors Ive replaced mine about 4 times since Ive owned my G in 2011

Old 01-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Did you try scanning for codes? Does the RPM needle jump when you crank it? Is the security light flashing/solid, etc..

Need a little more info.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:29 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Umm...The answer you want is in the description in the video you linked. I would start there.

'Solved. - bad driver side camshaft position sensor. popped new one in, runs like new!'

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 05:02 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by NemesisGee
Umm...The answer you want is in the description in the video you linked. I would start there.

'Solved. - bad driver side camshaft position sensor. popped new one in, runs like new!'
Thank God someone on here still has a brain, seems like common sense isn't so common anymore. The level of futility that we're reaching on here has me and makes me want to then

NemesisGee (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 05:13 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Thank God someone on here still has a brain, seems like common sense isn't so common anymore. The level of futility that we're reaching on here has me and makes me want to then
It's not just on this forum.... it seems G35's are pretty ghetto and almost brainlessly embarassing now to be associated with on the streets too. In the past day and a half, I've encountered 4 different G35's (all sedans) either ghetto'd out completely with trashy mods and most also smoking like an early 1900's chimney out the taipipe or just flat out ripping around on the public roads like they were on an Autocross track. I had one actually pull up next to me at a stoplight while I was on my R1 last night, roll all his windows down, and start revving and do a burnout trying to get me to race him..... sigh.... at least I still enjoy driving mine normally regardless of how far the standard has fallen for our cars.

For the first time I can think of in my life, over the span of a few days, G35's have (hopefully temporarily) eclipsed BMW's and Honda Civics with their on-road douchebaggery in my unfortunate encounters.

NemesisGee (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 05:31 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Yep you're unfortunately right. I knew this day would come but damn I didn't expect it to be this bad. I'm just glad I decided not to sell mine to be bastardized by some ahole and gave it to my girlfriend. I still get to drive her whenever I want (insert GF or car comment here lol) and can fix almost anything that goes wrong since I know the car inside and out after 8 years of ownership.

I wish I had your faith it will get better around here, but alas, I don't...........I'll still be around though this place is like a drug. It hurts to be here sometimes but damn I just can't walk away completely.

NemesisGee (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 07:36 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Didn't want to say it, as I didn't want to be a dick to a new member but you're both correct. A quick search on here would have also produced a verdict.

In QC though there are not that many G's left and I see a mixed back but in general most are still stock older sedans, being used as beaters at this point, not that many coupes running around. I think it's normal in the life cycle of a moderately expensive high performance sports coupe/sedan, early adopters are older folks with a job, late 20's to 50's (for sedans) and as the car passes a decade of value loss it becomes attractive as a go to first car for enthusiastic 18-20 year olds.

I must say, I am guilty of this in my youth too as after 6 months with a 79 Chevette Scooter and another 4 months with a 77 Chevy Nova 4-door beater I purchased in 1990 an 82 Z28 Indy pace car replica well before my 18 b-day (money saved from years of delivering newspapers and summer jobs) against the advice of my father and many others who I didn't listen too. Set me back untold amounts (each and every dollar went into that car) of money on mods, tires, gas, insurance and tickets until I finally learned. I guess the point is G35's mean different things to different people and this cycle is normal. In a way, we need these guys to molest and bastardize G's, makes our bone stock unmolested models more valuable and easy sells in the used market.

Last edited by NemesisGee; 01-23-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:28 AM
turns out it wasnt the cam, it was my fuel sender unit. Guage showed i had quarter tank of gas left but actually had none.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.