G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

DPE wtf?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DPE wtf?

im sooooo phuckin pissed right now its not even funny...

first let me start off by saying i ordered my dpe r20s back in feb. expecting the aggressive offset to come with the 5" lip on the rear... well dpe took forever and a day and i finally recieved them in the begining of july.. also note that because they took so long I ordered a sweet set of may rt5's to hold me over with a nice 3.75 lip.. well as most of you know im in iraq right now and i was home for may for a couple car shows and i rocked the maya's for a few weeks.. i loved em.. they were really nice wheels but i had my heart set on the 5" lip dpe's i was willing to take a loss on the maya's and sell them when my dpe's finally got finished so i did in july i sold my maya's.. well kelly (boooz) went to my body shop where my car is getting worked on and took some pics for me of my new dpe's .. from the pics i questioned the lip size so i called james at creative and he said the lips are 4.5 inches because of how they were forged.. which i was cool with .. because thats not that far off..since im in iraq right now and i cant and havnt seen the wheels in person yet i trusted i got what i ordered and figured it was my eyes playing tricks on me.. well today for ****s and giggles i had my body shop guy go out and measure the lips for me and guess what to my suprise its only 3.75 inches.. WHAT THE HELL! ALL THIS DAMN HASSSLE AND WAIT FOR THESE WHEELS AND I GOT "JUST ANOTHER SET OF DPE'S" if i would have been home when the wheels got to me i would have sent them right back.. but im trying to build my car up for HIN and now im screwed. because the show is SEPT 10th.. **** .. trying to put my car together from iraq is hard enough and now i have this damn problem.. i hope dpe sees this thread and maybe they will not dick around maybe they can get me the WHEELS I ORDERED TO ME BEFORE HIN.. MY CAR IS A SHOW CAR AND YOU WOULD THINK DPE WOULD WANT THE FREE ADVERTISEMENT.. WELL RIGHT NOW IM KINDA PISSED THAT I SOLD MY MAYA'S .. THE MAIN REASON I WAS SET ON THESE WHEELS WAS BECAUSE OF THE HUGE LIP THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET!....

ALDGNOAIRHGTI[OJROQIERGIOLADGL;KANDFLGBKJSADLKGJADL;GIJDA!!!!!! IM SOOO PISSSED... SERIOUSLY

Old 08-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude ... call them up and let them know whats up .... you obviously got sent the wrong rims for the rear .... im sure the rims are brand new ... so send those bad boys back and demand the right rims .... if not put them on for the show and send them after... they shouldnt have a problem due to being their mistake ...

Old 08-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just checked my invoice sheet from creative and it says 4.5 inch rear lip.. ok i can live with that.. but i didnt get that... grrrrr

Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 AM
call them dude ! you get what you bought ..but you didnt so know its time to take action ... if they have the right customer service they should handle it ... do sweat it until you have got the final word ....

Old 08-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Man, this makes me scared. I'm about to take delivery of my DPEs(I hope). I already had an incident where my previous set of Volks didn't fit at first.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Call up the CC and initiate a chargeback!!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's interesting....everytime I asked for lip size on the wheels I wanted, I never got a straight answer. It was always approximate ranges.

That's the problem with the DPE and IFORGED of the world. You never know exactly what you're getting unlike MAYA for example.

I would send them back or get a deep discount for the mistake.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Your problem is not with DPE, your problem is with Creative Autoworks. If you order your wheels through a vendor, you are trusting them to place the exact order you wanted and to make sure that everything is 100% the way you want it. This is why I always go straight to the vendor and try and develop a relationship and never worry about a possible mix-up.

If you don't get anything resolved through Creative Autoworks I can talk to my contact at DPE and find exactly what went down and what the invoice to DPE said and etc. It isn't likely that DPE used the wrong wheel hoop, but if they did (and this seems to be a custom order), give them a chance to correct it; they aren't iForged.

Good luck and let me know if I can help, it's least I can do while you are overseas serving our country.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Jimmy,
Man that $ucks. I remember seeing a post awhile back, with James stating your DPE's would have around 5" lips. Was your wheels built for a non-brembo? Non-brembo is suppose to get around 4.5-5" lip. My DPE was built to clear Brembo and lip size is only 4". MY Iforged, which was built for brembo kit, actually had bigger lips around 4 1/4".

Old 08-03-2005, 01:16 PM
all that praise u had for dpe and saying that iforged sucked and whatnot and look what happens. ahhhhh i love the smell of irony!!

Old 08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by paranormal
im sooooo phuckin pissed right now its not even funny...
ALDGNOAIRHGTI[OJROQIERGIOLADGL;KANDFLGBKJSADLKGJADL;GIJDA!!!!!! IM SOOO PISSSED... SERIOUSLY
hey iraqi music!!!!!!! lol. i feel for you mang. i'd definitely get DPE to send me the 4.5" Labia equipped rears because that is what they were supposed to make. if problems arise, small claim court, your invoice, and you should be good to go. good luck! btw, bring back some Iraqi CD's!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Just curious did you order directly from DPE or one of their dealers? Being an authorized DPE dealer, this is the first time I've heard of a problem with DPE. They definetly have a good reputation on the BMW board, www.e46fanatics.com

I'm sure if you talk to them, they'll work with you.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by VakhariaINC
Just curious did you order directly from DPE or one of their dealers? Being an authorized DPE dealer, this is the first time I've heard of a problem with DPE. They definetly have a good reputation on the BMW board, www.e46fanatics.com

I'm sure if you talk to them, they'll work with you.
Hence my post.. ordered through James @ Creative Autoworks.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Z2G
have you contacted the vendor you purchased from? if so, what was his/her response when you explained the problem? did you note the receipt which indicated the order for rimms with a 4.5" lip to the vendor? that would be good info to share with forum members if you had a problem with the vendor. if you haven't contacted them yet, this is premature and unwarranted since it could have been a simple clerical error when ordering.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
Hence my post.. ordered through James @ Creative Autoworks.
Sorry about that, don't know how I missed it. A couple of DPE dealers have issues, I wouldn't point the finger to DPE. I'd probably talk to the vendor you purchased it from.

I've never seen DPE make a mistake, from their own actions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DPE wtf?