G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

My 07 G35X is going nuts. Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 07 G35X is going nuts. Help!

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section, so please move it to wherever it should be if necessary. I think this should be the right section though. Onto the subject, I'm at my wits end with my car and I could really use some assistance with it. Long story short, my car keeps rolling it's front windows down and unlocking/relocking itself while it's parked. What I do know is that it is, without a doubt, not the key that is doing this, as I've had the battery pulled from the remote and it's still happening.

This issue does not happen while I'm driving, however. Now I bought this car used last year and this started happening about two weeks ago. There was an attempted theft on the car while with the previous owner. They tried to jam a screwdriver or something behind the keyhole, and there is also a small drill hole on the left hand portion of the door handle. I've driven the car for 9 months without a problem until this started happening. It happened after about 3 days of rain, I would wake up in the morning and come down to my car's windows rolled down. I've sealed the door handle with silicone sealant to prevent any further water getting into those holes since. But either way, when I come out of class I come out to my car's windows rolled down. I have to regularly make trips to where my car is parked just to check on the windows.

One thing I noticed that was particularly strange was when I pulled the battery from the remote, I had a slight issue with the key. When using the physical key to open the door, the alarm would go off despite being unlocked. It did it twice yesterday, and once this morning. In these cases, the windows were closed fully. However, the previous two times I unlocked the car with the key and opened the door, the alarm did not go off. First time the windows were rolled halfway down, second time they were fully down. Not sure if that makes any difference.

I really need to stop this from happening, it's driving me crazy. The issue only happens once the car is off. I've had it happen literally the moment I open my door, and I've had it happen sometimes after two days without an issue. I'm willing to try any solution at this point because I love the car and I'd rather not get rid of it. It's both the front windows at the same time, the same way you can roll down the windows by holding unlock on your remote. I don't need the roll down feature on these windows, so if I can disable it somehow that would be great.

Sorry if this seems long winded but I'm so frustrated at this point I have no idea what to do. I appreciate all the help and input I can get, I just need to have this issue gone.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Xelios029
I bought this car used last year and this started happening about two weeks ago.
Who did you buy the car from?
Did you ever have the VIN number run by an Infiniti dealer for the vehicle history?
Was the original purchase made from another state from where you live?
Was the vehicle ever involved in a flood?
Weird electrical problems can occur from water damage.

Telcoman

Old 02-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the response! I did run the vehicle history at the time of purchase, no reported flood damage or accidents. The car was dealer maintained pretty much throughout. The car was purchased in New York originally and it's here in New Jersey currently with me. I originally assumed water damage but I can't imagine how since I'd had the car for 9 months before this started happening. I'm the only driver so I would know if it happened, and I don't live in a flood zone either so it couldn't have happened any time recently.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Xelios029
Thanks for the response! I did run the vehicle history at the time of purchase, no reported flood damage or accidents. The car was dealer maintained pretty much throughout. The car was purchased in New York originally and it's here in New Jersey currently with me. I originally assumed water damage but I can't imagine how since I'd had the car for 9 months before this started happening. I'm the only driver so I would know if it happened, and I don't live in a flood zone either so it couldn't have happened any time recently.
You've got a 2007
Hurricane Sandy occurred in 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/ny...ng-buyers.html

You should have your vehicle inspected by a pro. Perhaps corrosion in a wiring harness plug somewhere?

Telcoman

Old 02-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Ugh I'm hoping I can figure it out without the pro. I'm gonna pull the door panels and see if I can find any corrosion anywhere this weekend. Maybe a pinched wire or something. Whatever it is, it's gotta be related to the keyless entry system somehow, since it's only the front two windows. I did not consider the hurricane Sandy angle though. I'll have to go through the report more thoroughly later on, although I think it's been to the dealer for maintenance even after the hurricane. Not that it would make a difference I guess, but it's some consolation for me. Maybe I can get the dealer to disable the window roll down feature so it will stop doing that at least.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can you afford a new swtich?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Infinit...lXM14a&vxp=mtr

might be worth a try

Old 02-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by misfit77
can you afford a new swtich?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Infinit...lXM14a&vxp=mtr

might be worth a try
Hey what a coincidence. I was thinking it might be my door switches too since the damage was on the exterior is by the door handle. The only thing that threw me off was only the front two windows were affected. However I was playing with the window lock switch today at school and the car sat all day staying locked and the windows stayed up. Not really a conclusive test since I'll have to keep an eye on it for a couple days, but this is a step in the right direction. When I pull the door panels I'll examine the switch panel, and see if anything looks off. I'm adding this to my list though, I'll definitely order it and see if this helps. Much appreciated!

Old 02-19-2017, 09:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The previous owner of my 07 G35x had the same trouble and had the remote down feature disabled by the dealer. It's related to a switch and wiring in the exterior door handle or lock.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by bsmooth
The previous owner of my 07 G35x had the same trouble and had the remote down feature disabled by the dealer. It's related to a switch and wiring in the exterior door handle or lock.
Thanks for the response! Yeah I haven't been able to get around to actually figuring out the issue since life got in the way. The window lock switch is a working temporary solution but I guess the feature itself will have to be disabled. I can live without it. I found a couple other forums where other Nissan/Infiniti cars have had the same issue and some solutions so I may try those first before I go to the dealer, since I'm sure they'll have me shell out a few hundred for disabling it. Appreciate the help though!

Old 07-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Okay so I know this thread is months old (actually I didn't realize it was THAT old, feels like only a couple months ago) but I wanted to come back to this for people who are having this issue as well. And again much thanks to everyone that contributed to this.

Indeed the window lock switch was a working temporary solution, but that only left the driver's window operable when the car was on. I even had an issue once where the passenger side window rolled down and the switch was stuck in the down position. This was after a particularly bad rainstorm, I turned the car on and disabled the window lock and it immediately went down. I could get it to roll up here and there maybe a quarter way but it would go down again. This led me to believe that it was a keyless entry system problem rather than anything else. Or the master switch was being triggered at the very least.

All in all, it turns out it was caused by the theft damage which was letting water in. There was a little gasket that went around my door handle that was damaged in the attempted theft, which it where I am guessing the water or humidity would trigger a circuit and roll down the windows. You guys were spot on though, it was an electrical problem. Not sure how I didn't notice the gasket before. Infiniti/Nissan were of no help with this, they would not even disable the remote up/down feature for me. Nissan even told me that they could not work on Infiniti cars, but that may be due to an Infiniti dealership being less than 10 miles away.

I took it to a body shop where I told the guy there and he immediately knew to look at the gasket. At least I am assuming the gasket was where moisture was getting in, since I had sealed the other damage with the sealant. Guess I didn't do a good enough sealing it haha. Had the damage compounded over and painted for fairly cheap too since it was just in that small area. No issues since, and this was two or three months ago or thereabouts.

I also did replace my door master switch too not too far apart from the door being fixed, so there is a slight chance that was the fix in the end. Although I'm willing to bet majority weight on the door damage being sealed up was the fix.

Again thank you all for the help. Guess when it looks like the most obvious reason, it generally is. Mods can lock this if need be, and again sorry to bump up such an old thread, but I didn't want to leave it without a solution in case anybody else is looking for ideas or solutions to this issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.