New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New 04 coupe owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 04 coupe owner

Hey,

Been lurking for a few weeks and finally purchased an 04 midnight blue coupe after reading some of the posts about what to look for.She has maintenance records for the past five years and a lil higher mileage than id hope for but she was the cleanest outta the 5 i looked at. 167,000kilometers but shes clean as a whistle and purrs like a kitten. regular maintence and the only daily driver out of the bunch, The front lip coul use a bit of paint and the door locks dont work with the fob but other than that she fines, been driving the hell outta her for the past few days and wow what a car! the sounds she makes is insane, and way faster than my old mustang!. Also i think mine has been lowered as it seems to scrape on the bigger speed bumps unless you take her reaaaaally slow.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Looks good, any plans for mods.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Just rims at this point, I might wanna get a bit of higher suspension.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Definitely lowered
Most likely just lowering springs

Old 05-23-2015, 10:36 PM
Yea, I just took her out for like an hour long drive with the wife and she is Definitely lowered...I am fine on most bumps at an angle but those long wide bumps are killers. Is there anything i should be aware of on the underside of the vehicle that i could damage IE: low oil pan on my alfa romeo that catches on everything, Or are they usually pretty shielded and covered under there? I cant really get under it to see until i can get my jack out tomorrow. Also what octane gas do you guys recommend. Anything else i should check being a second day owner, im very mechanically inclined, Ive built hotrods etc and ive inspected fluids and hoses and all visual aspects that i could, other than an oil change everything seems to be tip top. Maybe a new air filter?

Old 05-24-2015, 12:21 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You may want to change your name Midnight, the color of your coupe is Twilight Blue! Welcome to our forum anyway and congratulations on finding a twilight blue coupe, that's a rare color! If you attend any meets in your area I can almost guarantee you'll be the only one with our color coupe. Inside your gas door it should tell you Nissan recommends using 91 or higher octane gas. Having a lowered coupe you need to crawl over speed bumps/drive ways and rail road tracks. Looking for wheels, a member on our Marketplace is selling a set of GT-R wheels for $1,500. Good price, with having them powder coated your favorite color that would make your coupe unique and even more special! Good Luck & Enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 05-24-2015, 12:53 AM
HEy Gary, thanks for that! Im just going off what the PO told me and when you google midnight blue the same colour pops up, i didnt even know there was a twilight blue. I think i like that even better. Thanks for the octane tip and Yea im slowly getting used to the technique of bump clearance. IS there anything under the car that i need to worry about scraping?

Old 05-24-2015, 09:35 AM
First thing to take a hit on our lowered cars is the after market exhaust, if you still have the OE system you should be alright if you crawl over speed bumps. Keep a close eye on your front tires, if the previous owner just installed springs/coilovers without adding a camber kit they should wear quickly. Welcome to the world of, "Your better off doing things right the first time!"
Gary

Old 05-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Hey thanks Gary. According to the heap of receipts he did use a camber kit and it was done at the shop here in town. The mechanic who looked after the car told me he has the stock pieces there and he can put it back to normal for me. There is no after market exhuast or any mods, which is the reason I bought it. No reason to start messing around w something of this age that ticks like a clock. I will have her in for an oil change tomorrow and he said he will go over the cars history w me as he has cared for it for 5 years. I have the receipts but it's always nice to be shown.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:31 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. Congrats on your new car, it looks great! There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Have fun surfing around!

Old 05-25-2015, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by midniteblu
Hey thanks Gary. According to the heap of receipts he did use a camber kit and it was done at the shop here in town. The mechanic who looked after the car told me he has the stock pieces there and he can put it back to normal for me. There is no after market exhuast or any mods, which is the reason I bought it. No reason to start messing around w something of this age that ticks like a clock. I will have her in for an oil change tomorrow and he said he will go over the cars history w me as he has cared for it for 5 years. I have the receipts but it's always nice to be shown.
Consider yourself lucky, finding that nice a coupe with history and the same mechanic it's had for 5 years...you've arrived!
Gary

Old 05-25-2015, 10:21 AM
That was the reason why I scooped this one. Even though it was about 30k more kilos than the rest. I figured better to get a well maintained daily driver than a no history G35 that had been sitting Etc.