Frustrating Day at the dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frustrating Day at the dealer

I brought my car into the dealer today to have them look at my passenger side window. It stopped working periodically. The service manager said they knew there was a problem with the motors and would take care of it. I also asked them to look at my drivers side window. It sounds like it's loose, very annoying. The last time I was at the dealer they adjusted them so they don't go up to far and cut into the rubber boot (behind the mirrors). By the time I left work to pickup my car and got to the dealership it was 6:30. The service manager was long gone so the sales manager gets my keys. I go to leave and my key won't fit in the ignition. It goes about half way. I get the sales manager to show him and ask how this can happen. He wants to give it a try, of course. So he has the same problem. Then he jams the key into the ignition and it won't come out. Now I'm getting pissed. He gets the mechanic who was able to get the key out. The mechanic said the key was bent and that's why it wasn't going into the ignition. He goes into the shop and straightens the key. So now I think I'm on my way not happy but glad to get out of there. I check my windows, the passenger is working but the drivers side still makes noise. So basically I brought my car in for nothing. To top it all off they washed my car. Should I be concerned about any damage since the bent key was jammed into the ignition?

Old 02-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by G35Sean
I brought my car into the dealer today to have them look at my passenger side window. It stopped working periodically. The service manager said they knew there was a problem with the motors and would take care of it. I also asked them to look at my drivers side window. It sounds like it's loose, very annoying. The last time I was at the dealer they adjusted them so they don't go up to far and cut into the rubber boot (behind the mirrors). By the time I left work to pickup my car and got to the dealership it was 6:30. The service manager was long gone so the sales manager gets my keys. I go to leave and my key won't fit in the ignition. It goes about half way. I get the sales manager to show him and ask how this can happen. He wants to give it a try, of course. So he has the same problem. Then he jams the key into the ignition and it won't come out. Now I'm getting pissed. He gets the mechanic who was able to get the key out. The mechanic said the key was bent and that's why it wasn't going into the ignition. He goes into the shop and straightens the key. So now I think I'm on my way not happy but glad to get out of there. I check my windows, the passenger is working but the drivers side still makes noise. So basically I brought my car in for nothing. To top it all off they washed my car. Should I be concerned about any damage since the bent key was jammed into the ignition?
That sounds about right for a visit to Orlando Infiniti. I honestly don't know what they do in their service department. Everytime I leave there I usually have about 3 more problems than when I went in.

I put big "do not wash" signs inside my car when I absolutely have to bring my car there.

They do know how to F you with a smile though, I'll give them that.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great, they are the only infiniti dealer in the area too...

Old 02-07-2005, 11:49 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Why do you all not want your car washed so badly?? Im happy to have it washed when I bring my car by.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by ChazM
Great, they are the only infiniti dealer in the area too...

How's the service at Melbourne Infiniti? (Just a quick Bee Line trip east of Orlando) ????

Old 02-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Sean, I feel your pain. I've been disserviced by that dealership as well. I've had to drive up there 3 times in one week just to get them to replace my ripped mirror seal. Not sure what to tell you about that bent key. How the heck did they bend it in the first place? If it works and doesn't give you any problems, I'd leave it at that. But if it doesn't...you may have to take it back. Any visible damage around where the key goes in?

DiamondGCoupe, some Infiniti dealerships (like a certain dealership in Orlando) just don't care and don't do a good job when washing your car adding more swirl marks or even scratches to your paint finish.

Last edited by Demonteverde; 02-08-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by Demonteverde321
...some Infiniti dealerships (like a certain dealership in Orlando) just don't care and don't do a good job when washing your car adding more swirl marks or even scratches to your paint finish.
Boy is that putting it mildly. They use a pressure washer to wash the vehicles and they never use a clean, 100% cotton cloth. They then run the vehicle through a carwash, and I'm sure you've read the horrors of the "touch" washes and swirls, scratched rims, etc...

Some people take great pride in keeping their cars clean, swirl free and looking good. Those of us with dark, solid colors actually FEAR swirls and small scratches since they show so much. The DP and DG guys don't have anywhere near the problem with swirls as the LR and Black G owners do.

Finally, some of us are actually still writing the monthly check for our vehicles. The payments are as much today as the first payment and we want to keep the car as nice as possible for as long as possible. The dealership simply doesn't care about the cars the same way some of the "more particular" owners do.

If I have to explain this to anyone, it's clear that those people aren't as picky as some of us are. Not that this is a bad thing, but as Finiti said before... Shiniest G she's seen.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
As for the service you all are receiving, I am not familiar with the situation over there. But on the car washing, I thought I would add my thoughts.

The complimentary car wash is something Infiniti owners have enjoyed since Day One. As I'm sure you can imagine, an Infiniti dealer washes a LOT of vehicles on a daily basis- especially if the dealer is multi-line like we are. 100+ car washes PER DAY! Given the limited amount of hours in a day, we do have to take measures to streamline the process and for most dealers that means an automatic car wash. For the average owner, the car wash we provide is a godsend. These are people who do not have fun washing their car like some of you people do. Nothing wrong with that, just different people with different priorities.

With that being said, I fully understand and appreciate some people not wanting the wash for the reasons Neff and others posted above. I myself always seem to own black vehicles, and I am also somewhat of a freak about keeping my vehicles looking good. Swirls can really be a tough thing to deal with. I have a company vehicle that I drive daily, but my personal "play toy" right now is a monstrosity of a cleaning task. 2004 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel(with some go-fast mods- can you say 400rwhp and 730 torque!)in BLACK. To top it off, it has a 5.5" suspension lift which makes it a PITA to wash and wax, not to mention the polished aluminum wheels. If I got ahold of a "bad" wash job on this thing, I would have HOURS of work to fix it. When people are into their cars this much, I actually discourage using our wash service. Again, not that the wash we offer is bad, it just isn't to the level that you normally provide for your vehicle.

So, if you are very particular about your car, do like suggested above. Politely ask your dealer NOT to wash the car, and supplement this request with a sign taped to your steering wheel. Try to remember that your dealer is actually trying to do something nice for you, and that they are not out to damage your car. As I said above, most people go nuts over the idea of not having to wash their own car.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by PlatG
That sounds about right for a visit to Orlando Infiniti. I honestly don't know what they do in their service department. Everytime I leave there I usually have about 3 more problems than when I went in.

I put big "do not wash" signs inside my car when I absolutely have to bring my car there.

They do know how to F you with a smile though, I'll give them that.
I feel the same way about the service here with my family's BMW. I take it in for one thing, and leave with about 5 more things wrong with it. For example, i took my car in because the rubber seal around the door was falling off (330ci). When they replaced it, they broke the plastic trim on the inside that was near it, and they left black glue dripping off the side of it. By they way, they didnt mention they broke a peice of my interior, or the glue. To top it off, when i returned it to be fixed it took more than a few weeks to get my part, and it looks like someone picked the glue off with their nails. The anger i feel when they try to brush off the crap job they do is unexplainable.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
How's the service at Melbourne Infiniti? (Just a quick Bee Line trip east of Orlando) ????
Sorry I should have clarified, it was Melbourne. I used to live there and still work there so its easier for me. The service department is great but this drove me crazy.
Originally Posted by Demonteverde321
Sean, I feel your pain. I've been disserviced by that dealership as well. I've had to drive up there 3 times in one week just to get them to replace my ripped mirror seal. Not sure what to tell you about that bent key. How the heck did they bend it in the first place? If it works and doesn't give you any problems, I'd leave it at that. But if it doesn't...you may have to take it back. Any visible damage around where the key goes in?
No visible damage and hopefully no internal damage.
Originally Posted by LokeyInfiniti
So, if you are very particular about your car, do like suggested above. Politely ask your dealer NOT to wash the car, and supplement this request with a sign taped to your steering wheel. Try to remember that your dealer is actually trying to do something nice for you, and that they are not out to damage your car. As I said above, most people go nuts over the idea of not having to wash their own car.
I appreciate the added bonus Infiniti offers but I worry to much about scratches and swirl marks. I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your dealership on Thursday.

Old 02-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by G35Sean
I appreciate the added bonus Infiniti offers but I worry to much about scratches and swirl marks. I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your dealership on Thursday.

Likewise! Be sure to remind us that you don't want your car run through the wash.

See you tomorrow!

Old 02-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Sean, what are you having done? You bringing any surprises to the track for Friday? Vortec?

Old 02-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by neffster
Sean, what are you having done? You bringing any surprises to the track for Friday? Vortec?
You'll have to show up to see. I'll give you a hint, it will help the overall performance of the car.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Knowing you it's either tires, breaks (under warranty) or window issues. I just can't see you rolling up with the Vortec whistling, but if you did you'd see a smile a mile long across my face.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:02 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
Ztube???? lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frustrating Day at the dealer