G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

This will be my last Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This will be my last Infiniti

It's been a long time since I've owned a car that squeaked and rattled as much as my G coupe. I've owned it for six months and 3500 miles, and it seems that every week a new rattle appears. I repaired the rear view mirror rattle, the clock rattle, the sun roof rattle, and now another rattle has appeared in the passenger side front seat area. I don't know if it's the air vents or speaker. I also get the sound of air passing through the driver's side window when it's cold outside.

I know that rattles are just a nuisance, but to me they are an indication of a car's build quality, and the G is obviously lacking in that department. These constant rattles wouldn't be acceptable on a $10K Hyundai, much less on a upper $30K supposedly luxury car.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've honestly have had no rattles since I've owned my car. I've put about 15k miles on it. It seems that the problem is fairly common across many cars, but I can't help but think if there's more underlying reasons such as excessive audio bass usage, which can bring out the rattles in anything.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by FAST1
It's been a long time since I've owned a car that squeaked and rattled as much as my G coupe. I've owned it for six months and 3500 miles, and it seems that every week a new rattle appears. I repaired the rear view mirror rattle, the clock rattle, the sun roof rattle, and now another rattle has appeared in the passenger side front seat area. I don't know if it's the air vents or speaker. I also get the sound of air passing through the driver's side window when it's cold outside.

I know that rattles are just a nuisance, but to me they are an indication of a car's build quality, and the G is obviously lacking in that department. These constant rattles wouldn't be acceptable on a $10K Hyundai, much less on a upper $30K supposedly luxury car.
Thanks for the info, I'll be going to trade my G in this afternoon.

Oh wait.... n/m

Old 12-20-2005, 10:03 AM

i feel your pain. i've already had similar nuissances. leaking oil, gas line flapper not working, seat shifting on me.... and ohhh the rattles. the car really started off great and was extremely happy with it but it seems to be going downhill from there. these upcoming winter months seem to really bring out the worst in the vehicle. lots of whistles, rattles and whines... that's for sure.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i feel your pain. i've already had similar nuissances. leaking oil, gas line flapper not working, seat shifting on me.... and ohhh the rattles. the car really started off great and was extremely happy with it but it seems to be going downhill from there. these upcoming winter months seem to really bring out the worst in the vehicle. lots of whistles, rattles and whines... that's for sure.
It's been nine years since I bought my last Infiniti prior to the G purchase, and I'm really surprised at how the quality has gone down hill in that time. It use to be that an Infiniti was bulletproff, but that's no longer the case, at least not in my case.

Old 12-20-2005, 11:26 AM
man i feel bad for you guys .. having so many rattles and what not.... i have no rattles at all and my car is more than a year old. and 20k+ miles on it.

Old 12-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Beowulf
I've honestly have had no rattles since I've owned my car. I've put about 15k miles on it. It seems that the problem is fairly common across many cars, but I can't help but think if there's more underlying reasons such as excessive audio bass usage, which can bring out the rattles in anything.
Me also, 40K and no rattles here

Old 12-20-2005, 11:58 AM

You are right about the G's lack of performance, but why did it take you so long to figure it out? ... if you bought the G because it's well built, looks great, handles well, and is comfortable, you made a great choice.
Almost all cars rattle. I've owned a $80K 996 that had several rattles. Bottom line is that all rattles can be fixed. It's a minor issue, ...So if something rattles, identify the source and the rattle can be easily fixed. In my book a rattle isn't something that would deter me from buying a car.
Why are people so concerned about squeaks and rattles when they can easily and inexpensively be eliminated? People should focus on issues like are the engines reliable and do engine seals leak. The engine on my M3 blew with less than 10K miles, and my 996 had RMS leaks. Now these are manly problems; rattles and squeaks are girly problems. Sorry Arnold.
Wow, Fast1, you're a changed man. In six months, you've lost complete confidence in Infiniti, the G35 build quality, and your ability to solve rattles that are "girly problems".

Sorry about all the quotes but I was tempted to see if you had modified the suspension and that maybe an aftermarket conversion was causing all the rattles. I don't see that you've done that and it leaves me a little confused as to why your car rattles so badly and why my car (G35X) is so rattle free. Could it be that mine is an 04, known for their superior build quality?

I'm sorry your experience has been so bad. But it doesn't seem to be the same for all G35 owners and for me, at least, the build quality is excellent. Better luck with your next ride!!!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:16 PM
that is funny how he changed his tune. I love my G. (no rattles).

Old 12-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You know how to get rid of those rattles...TURN UP YOUR STEREO!!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hwy_star
that is funny how he changed his tune. I love my G. (no rattles).
LOL

Old 12-20-2005, 12:21 PM
9 months and 10K miles and the only rattle is when the passenger seat belt holder is left forward. Push it back and the ratlle disappears.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm never buying a house again because sometimes at night I can hear the pipes creaking. What's up with that? We paid 300x for the house what we paid for our car and it still rattles!?!?! GOD I HATE HOUSES.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:40 PM
I have small whistling sound traveling 65mph from drivers side window... I could really care less. what is the big deal anyway?

Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Alumni****
my exhaust and my stereo drown out any rattles.. to be honest, i only hear them once in a while.. it doesn't bother me that much.. i can tell the difference when driving the mercedes, but i always keep in mind that the coupe is a luxury sport car.. so you can't expect it to be super quiet..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This will be my last Infiniti