WTB: Coolant Reservoir Cap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Coolant Reservoir Cap

Bought one... Total Cost... $18.95.

There should be a price fixing Lawsuit for this bull****.

Last edited by TripleHBK; 03-31-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Bought One...
Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Have you tried Ebay?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Yep... on several occasions. (Amazon too) I don't need a whole tank, and thats all thats listed. Occasionally a single cap for an older (early 90's) model will show up, but thats it.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow trying to save your pennies, 4 bucks...

Old 03-27-2011, 09:45 PM
You could always just get the polished metal caps, but then you'd have to be paying more obviously

Old 03-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by djw88
wow trying to save your pennies, 4 bucks...
Your correct in the sense that it's only $10... however it's $10... for a Plastic cap.... One not much bigger then those you find on a "Big Slam" bottle of pop. (Which cost around $2 tops and you get a bottle of pop.. not just a cap) It's the principle of the matter. Cars are money pits.. yes I get that, but something that costs .05 to manufacture, and MAYBE $1.25 to mail shouldn't cost me $10. It's not like it's high quality or some custom product, these things are litterally a dime a dozen. Truth be told, I really only want to pay $3, but I figured that's too low to get any interest, so I figure someone somewhere has one of these just sitting around and could make $5 profit. If you like to **** away your money then good for you. Thats like choosing to purchase a product at Store "A" Even though they Charge $4 more the Store B does, simply because... "It's only $4." If all else fails will I spend the money? Sure. But thats not the point. I mean... why do you drive a G? Why not an Audi, Lambo, Porche etc? I mean.. it's only a little bit more cash.. no big deal right?

As for metal caps... Prinny where would I look for something like that? Any recommended sites or anything? I'm not against the idea of switching out all my caps, but haven't looked into it yet. Thanks for the idea though.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
try ebay for the polished caps

if not try junkyards.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Is look around its gotta be there somewhere if it didn't fall on the ground..

Old 03-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by TripleHBK
Your correct in the sense that it's only $10... however it's $10... for a Plastic cap.... One not much bigger then those you find on a "Big Slam" bottle of pop. (Which cost around $2 tops and you get a bottle of pop.. not just a cap) It's the principle of the matter. Cars are money pits.. yes I get that, but something that costs .05 to manufacture, and MAYBE $1.25 to mail shouldn't cost me $10. It's not like it's high quality or some custom product, these things are litterally a dime a dozen. Truth be told, I really only want to pay $3, but I figured that's too low to get any interest, so I figure someone somewhere has one of these just sitting around and could make $5 profit. If you like to **** away your money then good for you. Thats like choosing to purchase a product at Store "A" Even though they Charge $4 more the Store B does, simply because... "It's only $4." If all else fails will I spend the money? Sure. But thats not the point. I mean... why do you drive a G? Why not an Audi, Lambo, Porche etc? I mean.. it's only a little bit more cash.. no big deal right?

As for metal caps... Prinny where would I look for something like that? Any recommended sites or anything? I'm not against the idea of switching out all my caps, but haven't looked into it yet. Thanks for the idea though.

Metal caps are kind of pricey, but ebay would be a good place to start. I thought Sean did that sort of thing with the polished caps, but think you'd have to buy his whole metal replacement container to go with it.. hmm, but besides that.. I'm not sure.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Comparing thousands of dollars to a few dollars...Yeah i still think its dumb.

How much is your time worth?

The time spent searching for a stupid cap. When you can get one for a few bucks more at the dealership and your done, no searching and no wasting your time/life away.

Its a cheap part, worry about more serious things... seriously