Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright, thanks man, You are a big help, let me tell you that!

Now, how would I set it up so the amps turn on when the radio goes on.
Right now they have it so the amps are on when the car is on.
thanks

Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Do you have the Bose system or the base system?

Old 09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
hey so i have a problem. i have installed everything yet my amp goes in protect when I plug in my rcas. I believe I wired the rcas correctly. I took my red rca (right?) and spliced the inner covered wire and connected it to the blue wire from the harness and the surrounding wire to the pink. Then I connected the White rca (left?) inner covered wire to teal and outer wire to purple. I believe this should be right but for some reason my amp will go into protect whenever I connect the rcas.

I have tried it without the rcas and it doesnt go into protect. I have tried without rcas, with the sub plugged in and its also fine. Any ideas?

Old 10-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Xet
ahh any input?? i really want to get this working this weekend!!

Old 10-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Make sure the remote power is connected properly and ground amps/cap on same location (make sure you sand a little bit so that you have pure metal touching). I've been taught well by Gilley!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Xet
I am utterly lost now. I used a dremel and ground down the same ground location as the op way down to bare metal. I rechecked my wiring and it seems fine.

My Red rca is cut, the inner covered wire is connected to blue. outer uncovered part to pink.

My White rca is cut, inner covered wire to teal. Outer uncovered wire to purple.

The light blue/teal with silver spots is connected to my rem. Is it possible that my knukonceptz cut rca is just not compatible or something? I have no clue what to do further...

Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Make sure your RCA's or your speaker wires aren't grounding out anywhere. Thats all I can think of.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by dR6
As you approach the rear seat, you have to remove the bottom cushion by pulling straight up on each side. This allows you to continue to run your power wire to the trunk. Once you have the power wire running the way you want it, you can replace all the parts you had removed earlier.

The next step is to find the Bose amp underneath the trunk coverings on the driver's side. There are two harnesses that are running to the amp. The one you want is the blue harness. Remove that and identify your input wires:

Head Output Rear Right + Blue
Head Output Rear Right - Pink

Head Output Rear Left + Teal
Head Output Rear Left - Purple

Remote Wire Light Blue/ Silver

You need to be able to convert 18 gauge wires to an RCA jack to connect to the amp. One way was to get an RCA jack with a twisted pair of wires that you can cut and then splice. Another option is to get the JL line conversion that I used (pricey - $25, but I couldn't wait for mail-order). Splice them with in-line splicers available at Radio Shack and tape it up with electrical tape. You also want to splice into the Remote Wire for the amp. Although the JL amps have audio sensing power-on capability, it is unreliable (I found out the hard way) and I recommend using a direct remote power-on line.
Can someone explain this whole part a little better to me? I am doing the install tomorrow and am a little confused by this whole part. Idk if its needed but i'm running an Alpine MRP-M500 amp. Thanks in advance guys.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Bump...anyone?

Old 10-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by infinus
Make sure your RCA's or your speaker wires aren't grounding out anywhere. Thats all I can think of.
thanks ill totally redo/recheck the wiring today as long as it doesnt rain X_X

and ktm i would give you my advise but i seemed to have failed at the install.

But basically you take your rcas or loc and you take the right side (red or w/e) and cut off one end of the rca and connect the inner wire which is positive to blue and the outer wire to purple. And then you do the similar thing for your left side connector. You can use inline splicers or w/e to do it but basically you are just connecting the stock wires which you will splice to your rca wire and then all back together.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Alright so I got everything wired up but my remote wire is not working. I am not getting any power to the amp. I tested it by using remote to power and it worked fine. Sub and everything works. Just the remote wire doesn't work. I spliced the silver and light blue wire into one into the remote. Did I do it wrong? Also when I turn my car on there is a loud crack through all the speakers, and it never did that before. Thanks for all the help guys. I want to get this going by tomorrow.

Last edited by Ktm.Moto; 10-04-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:47 AM
BUMP! Please help me out guys!

Old 10-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ktm.Moto
Alright so I got everything wired up but my remote wire is not working. I am not getting any power to the amp. I tested it by using remote to power and it worked fine. Sub and everything works. Just the remote wire doesn't work. I spliced the silver and light blue wire into one into the remote. Did I do it wrong? Also when I turn my car on there is a loud crack through all the speakers, and it never did that before. Thanks for all the help guys. I want to get this going by tomorrow.
Anyone? Come on Guys I know someone knows

Old 10-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Xet
damn enough bumping? use a volt meter and check if it is sending a signal and if so check the rest of your wiring then. are you sure your power wire and ground are fine?? if you arent getting any power you have to check those as well

Old 10-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Xet
damn enough bumping? use a volt meter and check if it is sending a signal and if so check the rest of your wiring then. are you sure your power wire and ground are fine?? if you arent getting any power you have to check those as well
Sorry I just wanted to get this done today. But I got it all figured out...the only thing is, now my lights are dimming.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe