Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Bose speakers- very weird

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Call the Cops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose speakers- very weird

my car is almost two years old with 16,500 miles

i have two subs installed... 12 inch W6s with a 1000/1 mono amp... everything is JL

now i noticed all my speakers are not on while the music is playing
when im driving, the entire right side speakers are working, but the left is not
whenever i hit a bump on the highway, all the speakers suddenly go on and its fine.
as soon as i slow down or come to a full stop, the music sways to the right side again... leaving the speaker on the door silent, along with the two in the back.
the speakers dont work on the left side (my side) for about 90 percent of the time, when i hit a bump all of them suddenly start working

its very weird, and i don't know how to fix the problem.. or what is going wrong.
i hope my subs or HU is not causing the problem

i know it sounds strange, but i explained it the best i could.
if someone wants to help me further, i can tell you exactly which speakers aren't working.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Basheer
my car is almost two years old with 16,500 miles

i have two subs installed... 12 inch W6s with a 1000/1 mono amp... everything is JL

now i noticed all my speakers are not on while the music is playing
when im driving, the entire right side speakers are working, but the left is not
whenever i hit a bump on the highway, all the speakers suddenly go on and its fine.
as soon as i slow down or come to a full stop, the music sways to the right side again... leaving the speaker on the door silent, along with the two in the back.
the speakers dont work on the left side (my side) for about 90 percent of the time, when i hit a bump all of them suddenly start working

its very weird, and i don't know how to fix the problem.. or what is going wrong.
i hope my subs or HU is not causing the problem

i know it sounds strange, but i explained it the best i could.
if someone wants to help me further, i can tell you exactly which speakers aren't working.

LMAO ..not funny but im laughing because Im having the same problem. I have an 04 coupe also. i came here to find a solution my left side comes in & out also sometimes I brake hard or hit a bump & the sound comes back, Im thinking a short somewhere but since u are having the same problem maybe this is a common thing, I'm going to continue to search a little more
BTW
I have no aftermarket audio accessories so its probly not ur sub

Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
VERY common. It's the stock HU. Good luck trying to get them to replace it, especially in CT. They will try to blame your aftermarket equipment. Considering we only have 3 dealers and 2 are owned by the same company. They all suck. My suggestion is to get an aftermarket HU. If you need help or want someone to do the install, I live in Meriden. I recently ditched mine as well because of the same problem. Actually it was more of an excuse. lol

Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Call the Cops
so its the HU

alright thanks man

i was looking to replace that thing anyway

ill definitely let you know when im ready to buy one, because i have no idea where im gonna look for the right price

lol @ paperchaser what a coincidence

Old 10-30-2006, 11:49 PM
could be a loose wire.. if you connect your mids to a amp check the rca wire.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I know it's not what you wanted to hear, because it is not exactly an inexpensive fix. I would definitely give it a shot at the dealer. The worst they can say is no. I have had the best luck with Harte Infiniti of West Haven/New Haven (whatever it is). Where do you live?

Old 10-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
dealer should replace the HU, Had the same problem with my bose system eventhough i didn't have any aftermarket subs or anything like that.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:51 PM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
i don't thinks its the headunit. I have the Z1 and about a week ago, my whole left side had no sound coming from the speakers. I parked, went into home depot, came back out, started the car again and everything was normal. hasn't happened again and i hope it doesn't. but i don't think its the HU.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:54 PM
That may be an isolated instance with your system, but this has been documented several times by other forum members. Not only with G35's, but with Maximas as well. It is a faulty circuit board in the Bose HU. I can guarantee it's your HU. There are also multiple threads about this.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by khsonic03
That may be an isolated instance with your system, but this has been documented several times by other forum members. Not only with G35's, but with Maximas as well. It is a faulty circuit board in the Bose HU. I can guarantee it's your HU. There are also multiple threads about this.
I notice everyone complaining has an 04. Is this common with the 03 bose hu? cuz my friend has one he would give me
& also has anyone successfully done a swap, 04 radio face over a 05 hu?

Im not a fan of aftermarket headunits unless im putting it in a civic or something on that level, I feel they kinda cheapen the look of the car unless upgrading to double din Nav head unit & also i need steering wheel audio controls!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 07:47 AM
So upgrade to a double din then. It looks better than stock:

Old 11-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Oh, and I DID retain stock steering wheel controls...fully. Plus now I have a mute button on the steering wheel. I programmed the power button to act as a mute button. Much better.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:23 PM
So upgrade to a double din then. It looks better than stock:

that pioneer unit looks sweet I love the fact that it doesnt have buttons on left & right sides (looks clean) & screen looks wider
which unit is that

I have a slight dilema with the double din Nav unit ...it will cost me double
my wife has been asking for a Navigation unit for her lexus for the past year
If I by one for myself & not her im in the DOG HOUSE
if I buy one for me & one for her im in the POOR HOUSE
its a loose loose situation unless i wait & get it for xmas

Old 11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh, and I DID retain stock steering wheel controls...fully. Plus now I have a mute button on the steering wheel. I programmed the power button to act as a mute button. Much better.
is the common knowledge that any audio installer will know or did u have to rig this some kind of way?

Old 11-01-2006, 03:17 PM
It is the AVIC-Z1. As far as the steering wheel controls, any good installer can do it. I used the PAC SWI-PS module to wire it. Love it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bose speakers- very weird