Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Invisicord Install Tutorial

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by randman
I assume that the Invisicord also works the same way for the 2007 G35x ?
I was just notified by a fellow member that the 2007s may actually have different color wires. If you don't have black, black/pink, and black/red, chances are you have black, brown, black/red, and you want to use the brown in place of the black/pink in the directions. I plan to change the installation PDF shortly.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by TeamSpeed
I was just notified by a fellow member that the 2007s may actually have different color wires. If you don't have black, black/pink, and black/red, chances are you have black, brown, black/red, and you want to use the brown in place of the black/pink in the directions. I plan to change the installation PDF shortly.
Is it the same size connector (i.e. the same $0.25 "G35, 350Z, FX35 Upgrade")?

Old 01-14-2007, 06:31 PM
hwa
Originally Posted by TeamSpeed
Good to hear. Please notify us when you update the instructions.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by randman
Is it the same size connector (i.e. the same $0.25 "G35, 350Z, FX35 Upgrade")?
I believe so, just the wire colors changed, probably due to the confusion by techs as to which was black/red and which was black/pink.

I have some customers validating and once I have confirmation, I will update the PDF.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Thanks! Can't wait to get the updated PDF!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
with this having a whole thread and writeup, for some reason i thought it was going to be more complicated than it was. i got my invisicord today and it took all of about 30 seconds to install. nice product.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:54 PM
hwa
That's the beauty of it. Shouldn't take anyone longer than a couple of minutes to get it all set up.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Evil Bastard
so... how much is mike's mount? The one posted from www.countryjoycrafts.com is $40. Just trying to get an idea of pricing, as I am cheapobastardo.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jinubob81
cheapobastardo.
Sounds like a Taco Bell creation.. LOL

Old 01-25-2007, 11:12 PM
whats the advantage of mikes mount anyway? all seems fine with suction cups, just wondering what the advantage is and also if it flexes at all with the V1 when you push in the volume button to mute it.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
hwa
so... how much is mike's mount? The one posted from www.countryjoycrafts.com is $40. Just trying to get an idea of pricing, as I am cheapobastardo.
As I said on the front page, email MIKE3348@adelphia.net and mention you are from G35driver.com for a possible discount.

whats the advantage of mikes mount anyway? all seems fine with suction cups, just wondering what the advantage is and also if it flexes at all with the V1 when you push in the volume button to mute it.
Suction cups may eventually wear out while leaving marks on your windshield. The mount prevents this while adding a very professional and clean look to the setup IMO. It flexes just about as much as if you used the cups.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there some good info in this thread. needs to be in the DIY or stickied. mods?

Old 01-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the step by step and the pics. This made it really simple to to install the Invisicord along with Mikes radar mount.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Does Mikes mount work with the 07s? Also which mount from the country joy website works? I am thinking of going with the mount instead of the suction cup. However, this does make the detector much more visible...

My choices currently are:
1. Suction cups next to the mirror ( also noticeable)
2. Mount on the visor. ( takes away the visor)
3. Get mikes/country joy mount ( $$$ + noticeable )

What are everybody's thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by sansri
I am thinking of going with the mount instead of the suction cup. However, this does make the detector much more visible...

My choices currently are:
1. Suction cups next to the mirror ( also noticeable)
2. Mount on the visor. ( takes away the visor)
3. Get mikes/country joy mount ( $$$ + noticeable )

What are everybody's thoughts?

Thanks.
I've been wondering the exact same thing. Here's what I'm thinking:

Drawbacks to #2 - Takes away your visor of course. But worse you end up installing your detector behind the tint strip at the top of your windshield (assuming you have one) which moderately affects your detector's range for radar and drastically cuts down range for lidar. You want range, that's the idea

#3 - Extra money yes. Also aside from being noticable it comes down right in your line of sight. Others might not mind this but I tried suction cupping my detector right there and IMO there are better places to put it that don't get in the way. I'd rather see traffic lights/traffic/scenery/the sky than a radar detector. One less thing to have to move your head for.

So I'd say #1 is the best bet. Out of the way but close enough to notice it when it's alerting, and you can still use your visor for the most part. Also it doesn't cost anything extra. I put the cups in the tint strip so that the antenna for the detector is right below that. It is slightly noticable from outside the car but I take my V1 out of the car when I park anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Invisicord Install Tutorial