Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help! Auto AC on, radio light off.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a stupid problem!

Same problem here - lights and controlls for ac / radio went dead. AC's stuck on 68, and the radio's only controllable with the steering wheel.

2003 G35 Sedan

Thanks for the advice so far - let's hope the fuse / battery thing works - I'm not interested in putting high $$$'s into it...

Oh yeah, check this out: The battery died a few months ago, just a few months into the 36 month warranty. After being replaced (Sears), the headlights stopped working, so I've been travelling with the parking lights & high beams.

???????????????

Old 05-15-2007, 07:25 PM
06 G35 COUPE-CD Player ejecting my cd's

This started about 2 weeks ago. I was changing tracks on a cd and the cd player display blacked out. I could still operate the cd and radio from the sterring wheeel but not from the head unit itself. I pulled over and turn off the car for 5 min and it reset back to normal.

Well today on my way home from work I was changing tracks on the same CD and the CD player started changing CD's then started ejecting all my CD's one by one. There is 1 cd in the cd player since it will not eject for some reason. Once I got home I turned the car off to hopefully reset it and now the CD feature does not even come up when you scroll through the radio-am/fm1/fm2. What gives?

I'm taking it in asap to get this fixed.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Anyone get this fixed or can point me to the TSB for this?

I'm having the same problem 2003.0... from what I can tell I think it's related to the heat as it only happens in the spring / summer (yes i've been dealing with it that long) and typically on hot days is when i notice it.

Thanks in advance

Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
I had the same problem when i got my car. Dealer said my circuit board behind the radio was overheating causing all of the buttons to act weird. They replaced it under warranty. I would suggest to go aftermarket if you are out of warranty. Aftermarket will cost about the same as getting a new radio/circuit board installed.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I hate this frigin problem

I got it too on my 03.5 sedan. AC on 75, radio off. Has anyone tried fixing this themself?

Old 04-21-2008, 05:17 PM
holy crap im kinda scared now, everyone's having these problems, i want to know if its only 03's(thats all i saw from those who posted their years) seems really crappy for those who dont want to upgrade to dd in there car or anything of that natrue.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:22 PM
I have the same problem with my 03.
Where is the TSB?
Has anyone tried replacing the circuit board themselves?

Old 04-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I had this happen to me 2 weeks ago. I disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes and re-connected it. It fixed the problem, but I'm not sure if it will happen again or not. Luckily, it hasn't happened since, but I'm crossing my fingers!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by mobbdeep1122
I had this happen to me 2 weeks ago. I disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes and re-connected it. It fixed the problem, but I'm not sure if it will happen again or not. Luckily, it hasn't happened since, but I'm crossing my fingers!!!
I did this and it did nothing.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Apparently, there was a recall about this circuit board problem.
ITB03-007
ITB02-062

Old 04-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Same problem

OK, I got the same problem with my 03 Coupe, and searching multiple websites looking for an answer for the last 9 months, I am sorry to tell you that no one really knows what is going on with our Ac/Radio. I heard of people changing the circuit board for 600 bucks and also people changing their radio for 200 with posite results.
Now i am ot of warranty with 50,123 miles on my G, and this is what is working for me at this time...

I leave the air flowing in the car at 60 degrees at all times (no AC just airflow) and I keep my radio on at all times. I have not had a problem since I have left them both running at all times and is been 5 months since my last problem with the dash board.

I hope the some day someone will be able to give us a straight answer on the problem...

PHOX 2

Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 AM
I don't want this thread to die

I have 03.5 coupe with 102000 miles. This is the first electrical problem (no window issues) I've had with the car so I feel lucky. This started about two months ago as a intermittent problem, now it's everyday. Luckily (or unluckly) it gives me enough time to set the temp before it locks up. It also seems to default back to whatever temp I had it set last. Any cures yet?
Thanks

Old 05-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gthang35
I have 03.5 coupe with 102000 miles. This is the first electrical problem (no window issues) I've had with the car so I feel lucky. This started about two months ago as a intermittent problem, now it's everyday. Luckily (or unluckly) it gives me enough time to set the temp before it locks up. It also seems to default back to whatever temp I had it set last. Any cures yet?
Thanks
the only solution is to replace your radio... my cd was showing the dreaded "cd err fo" and then all of a sudden without warning the a/c would turn and no controls on the radio and the display is gone... a couple of wacks on the side of the radio for the most part did the trick... also tried removing the negative battery connector everytime it happens.. it would go away for awhile but then would come back when you least expect it... so i finally bought a complete oem radio and console off of craigslist and replaced the radio/cd myself... everything is back to normal now... do you have the dreaded "cd err fo" too?

Old 05-18-2008, 09:17 AM
I am bringing my car to the dealer tomorrow to get this looked at for the 4th time. Every time I bring it in the radio and temps work fine. They said they need it to act up in order for them to take apart the dash and test it and cover it. I hope that tomorrow they will get it fixed! This is such a dumb problem that is getting annoying!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
dang same happened here except before mine started doing that it got the "cd error" .now i have no cd player which sucks and my car is posesed...im just going to replace it with an aftermarket touch screen cd/radio system and hope it all goes away

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help! Auto AC on, radio light off.