Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Auto AC on, radio light off.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help!!! i was on my way home from work when i about to open my car from my remote it wont unlock? then it wont lock... when i use the controls inside i can hear the click but the lock wont go all the way. the worst part is when i jump in the car to leave i noticed after starting the car my radio is on but the panel is off as if the lcd is off but music is running? then my ac switch is not working but ac is on and set to 75 deg. i disconnect the battery for 15min hoping reseting the ecu will work but it did not. guys anything you know about this problem? pls let me know thanks

Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 PM
sorry forgot to give my model. i got an '03 coupe

Injen cold air intake/ nismo ground wires/ customized hood w/ scoop/ 6000k hid/ skyline headlight&tail light overlay

Old 06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
noooooooo it just happened to me today and i have to decide on going double din or stay factory...this sh**t really needs to be put to attention to infiniti becuz i really luv my g35 and hate to trade it in... anyone have any new info on this problem

Old 06-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by GBoy
It seems to be a problem with the radio and my local garage tell me
they can get the refurbished one for 100$ plus labor to swap so
might go that route as it seems the cheapest way to go, I don't
want to spend $$$$$ to change the Bose system. Will call Clarion
Canada and see what they have to say about this..

GBoy
had same problem raido $3.50 At benett infiniti in allentown p.a.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I am having the same issues as well. Started about 2 months ago. I have also had a CD stuck in the changer for about 5 or 6 months. Been dealing with it cause I have an iPod and I don't really car for the listening to the radio much any way. So I get by fine. However, my AC is on all the time now. It doesn't go back to off, and the last time I was able to get access to it was over a month ago.

I guess once again has anyone tried to see what was wrong with it in the first place, and fix it themselves? There must be something specific that is broken. Cause the radio and tape deck work, and controls from the steering wheel work too. So there must be some interface problem somewhere.

Funny that someone said that it really started acting up in the spring/summer time, cause this didn't happen in winter for me either. And it is pretty hot were I am. And little by little it started to fail to the point were I can't access it at all anymore. I will try looking at the fuses in the battery area, and disconnect my battery as well. However, I have stations that are saved and if I disconnect it, I will lose them all. And that will REALLY suck if I can't get back in there to set them up again.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Good news! I just called up a dealer near me and told them of the problem, and also mentioned this ITB03-007b file. They are going to fix it for free!!
My vin falls into the group that is known to have this problem and its something they fix whether or not you have warranty on the car. Plus I get a loaner. God help me if I get a G37 or FX50. I think I will leave my car there and never come back!

I hope this works out and it fixes my issue. Just thought I would let you guys know that maybe if you give your dealer a call about this, they may have to fix it and it will cost you nothing.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Good to hear. Infiniti in Calgary here wouldn't help me out. They said the work had been done previously and the one year warranty has expired. They were going to charge me $400 + labour ~ $600 to fix it and again I'd only get another year warranty on the third head unit.

I'm replacing it myself and if it gives me trouble again I'm getting the JDM kit and a DD head unit.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Ouch! Might as well just start over with a new radio and JDM. I was on that same road myself until I gave them a call. Figured I had nothing to lose but, hearing NO!. LOL I was even looking on eBay to see if someone was selling there left over radio. Found one and it went for $355. Too much in my opinion to waste on a radio that may have the same issues again later. Today is the day for me so I hope they don't screw me. I really want to be able to turn my AC off when I' need it. And lower it when its cold in the car.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:23 PM
The closest thing to what most of you are going through that has happened to me was when I was installing the periperal audio input in my 06 G35 coupe.

After I installed the extra inputs and put my radio back in the dash I tried to test it out before I put all the dash back together. Well as soon as I turn the key to aux the air kicked on and the radio had no display and didn't work.

I freaked out and thought I jacked up the radio, but when none of the buttons worked to turn my a/c off or radio on I just turned the car off and started looking for what I did wrong.

Turns out there is a flat wire that came out from the bottom of the radio. All I did was slide the flat wire back into the bottom of the radio and problem solved.

No problems since that one episode.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:35 PM
so that must be the cable that connects the panel to the board or something.

Well. I just got the call back from the dealer. They said it needs a radio. The whole thing needs to be replaced. I personally just can't believe that. Being that the radio function and the AC functions. Just that controlling it doesn't work. Sounds like a small part to me that is not working. Not the whole unit. They wanted to charge me $575 installed for a new one. That's about $200 more (easy) then what I can get from Crutchfield to replace everything.

Thinking of clearing some credit card space for this right now. I'm pissed. They changed there story too when I got there. "your here to get your fuel hose checked out?" No, I'm here for my radio. " who said your radio was covered?" You guys did, that's why I drove out here. I swear i never fails, they always tell you one thing on the phone and other thing once your there. Wanted to hit me up with a $52 diagnostics fee too. I was so happy to hear they would fix it, and just to hear now that you need a new radio is very disappointing. How do I even know they checked it? Like there is no way for me to know they did anything to verify that the part didn't fix the issue. Not cool.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Unless you really like the look of the stock radio (or share the car with someone who does) you might as well switch to an aftermarket double din unit. My car will be on its third stock head unit (this is the first time I am replacing it) as the last two have died. The second one was put in under the service campaign but now that the 1 year warranty is up they won't replace it again.

The problem isn't always just the controller circuitboard either; if you're going to be replacing it you might as well replace the CD changer as well.

You can buy the whole thing for between $200 and $300 on this forum's marketplace. It's not a complicated thing to replace yourself so there is no point in getting the dealership involved unless they'll do it for free under the service campaign.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah I feel that. However, I just got off the phone with infiniti (I guess there main number not dealer). They told me that it was replaced. i asked then why is it having the same exact issue as the service was supposed to fix? I mean how can you say you fixed something, and have the same issue happen again? Now if its not the same part that is going bad, then maybe it wasn't at fault in the first place. maybe something else in the radio is what went bad and that cause another problem (first). Now its the whole radio. I said to her, how can the radio mess up control of my A/C? Like "WTF"?

She really didn't have an answer for me, but both of them said (Dealer and her) that the radio needs to be replaced. And with that I will be looking to get an aftermarket one "IMMEDIATELY" I am just looking for a place to get the Metra converter and my radio I will have taken care of first. Looks like this Saturday will have me working on my car.

I swear this is the first car I have owned that I really wanted the stock radio. I had no intention of changing it. It looks perfectly fine, and does basically what I need it to do. Now If I go in there and before I change it, find a way to make it work. I will be so pissed.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and bought everything.
Metra kit and wire harness (antenna thing too)
Pioneer AVIC-F700BT
and the iPod connection cabling as well.

Final cost is $957 or about. Not at all happy about it. But, $570 for just a plain jane radio (no offense to any Jane's out there!! ) When I can have everything I want in a radio that will not just die on me in a year and take out my AC control again. And the fact that I have no cash to really get a stock radio again anyway. I bought everything through either Crutchfield and Newegg where I had some credit with both (thank god).

With some luck I will have everything in on Friday, and do the install on Saturday after work. I am sure it will about 1000 degrees outside too. Just hope it doesn't rain.

Wish me Luck!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:01 AM
AC/ Radio finisher is crazy!!!

Same here as all of the above issues, AC stuck at 60 full blast, stereo display inop as with all the buttons on dash, steering wheel controlls do still work.
Have to add that when this issue first started there was no function of the stereo at all after ac would come on full blast at 60.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:08 AM
P.s.

Has any one considered sending all of these threads to infiniti as proof they need to step up and correct this issue. Preaching to the choir here but this is BS! Got lucky yesterday and won a bnib infiniti radio dash finisher on ebay for $80.00, we'll see of it's worth anything when it gets here, I'll post results when its installed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help! Auto AC on, radio light off.