Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Serious Help needed Guys.... I Made A Mistake...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serious Help needed Guys.... I Made A Mistake...

Hi, Guys, Need Advice Plz.... and Here's the story.

I purchased my Infiniti 06 G35 about 1 month ago, and decided to put a system and Nav in it while also attempt to improve the sound system in my G35. I have asked around school for a good place to have all the things done and apparently one of my friend advice me to go to this place in Pasadena and I totally got screwed over.

First of all, they attempted to sell me really crappy products for speakers and stuff for a real high price, and because my friend recommanded me the place, i decided to just go a head and paid the place. I paid a total of about 4,300 USD on a bunch of crap. Later, my friend and I found out I have been "Jewed" and went back the next day demanding Money back. They refuse and we have gone into a very big arguement, which later resulted in a compromise. Instead of refunding, they upgraded all the "Junk" into full Alphine sound system with 2 Amp of one 650w and one 550w. I also got 2 10" subwoofer + Lambo Doors + Eclipse Head Unit AVN 5500. That day, they promised to have the car finish in 2 Days.

Two days has slowly turned into now... about 1 month. They have installed the Amp , Subwoofer and the lambo doors but they seem to still have a very hard time putting in the Nav since they claim that it's very hard to find the "Right" In Dash Nav Kit for a G35 Coupe. I left my car at their shop for the spring break and hopefully they can manage to finish it, since i have made a deal with them before I left. The deal was if the car isn't complete by the time i return to Socal , they will refund me the money for the Nav. Anywayz, here's the biggest problem.

- I have listened to the sound system, and It doesn't sound good at all considering it's a full Alphine System. Based on many of my friends' oppinion, It sounded more like a 50 dollar system. Therefore, i am pretty sure the place messed up the installation and did a very crappy job. What Should i do now?
*** I regret of rushing to get a system and Nav without knowing anything about them.

Question:

Is there any place where i can let them check whether or not they have install the sound system in a professional manner??? I am willing to pay to get it fix and sound nice again. I think is the wiring that went completely wrong and crappy...... Is there any place near Riverside/ Anaheim/ Irvine i can go to that will do a great job in installation? Thanks In Advance.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best lesson learned here is "Learn from your mistakes".

I hope you got everything in writing, but even still... you paid and you got what you paid for.

Regarding the in-dash, most members here either buy the JDM kit (don't know if they have it for the 07's) or they custom mold it. So i'm pretty sure they're telling you the truth about having a hard time finding the right Dash kit.

For audio, they could have used cheap cabling/wiring which also causes the sound quality to go down. You weren't specific on what components they put in other than saying that they're "Alpine" so it's hard to tell just from your post if it's because they gave you crap merchandise.

Considering you're no longer a customer they want nor care about, i'd be careful about the system you're getting and if they even did a good job of it. I'm even more skeptical about your lambo doors. I wouldn't be surprised if they fell on you....

Old 03-25-2007, 03:25 AM
hum =/
the doors seem to be fine, and they at least promise to give me life time warrenty on that...
and yeah.. about the sound system, is there any place near Anaheim/Irvin or Riverside will fix it up and make sure it I get the Alphine quality?

Old 03-25-2007, 03:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So are you getting Apline or Alphine?

I really hope you mean "Alpine" http://www.alpine.com/e/products/audio/index.html

I'm not too sure about a good place in Anaheim, Irvine, or Riverside... but if you want a reputable shop that *probably* won't screw you because they're a chain.... go to any Al & Eds. They may charge you an arm and a leg... but hey... at least they're a chain and at this point, they sound more legit than where your car is at now.

Maybe another member can help you out with another audio shop?

Old 03-25-2007, 03:33 AM
Thank You, but yeah, i think i need a place that really knows what they do... and yeah, lol.. any place will be probably a better place XD Thanks Bro!

Old 03-25-2007, 04:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you've been "jewed"?! you fvcking deserve it, you goddamn ignorant fool.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned
^^ is someone a jew?

Old 03-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear about getting scammed, but come on man, whats up with the "jewed" comment!?

Old 03-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by bassholic
^^ is someone a jew?
Actually, there's a lot of them....

Old 03-25-2007, 07:27 PM
hey did u guys hear about the new car maker? it stops on a dime

Old 03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
sux2bu

Old 03-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I have dealt with Speakers Works in Orange and they seem to know what they are doing. Maybe they can help.

http://www.usdaudio.com

Old 03-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
i seriously hope they gave you alPINE, alPHINE is a flea market brand thats about as low as it gets...if htey gave you alPHINE< i would sue them.

well, if you fancy a drop up to me (4.5 hour), can reinstall everything and make usre its done in a very professional manner...its terrible that you spend over 4k on an install...i would say 99 percent of G35 installs are less than 4k including all equipment and labor...

here are two examples that came out of LA driven up to me, one including the avic-Z1, was i think about 4500 total cost in equipment and labor? (first one), the other is around i would say 4k total if counting the headunit AND NAV)

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/125963-one-more-g35-install-you-guys-pics-here.html

and

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/145385-one-more-stealth-g-install-ya.html

i know 4.5 hours is a long way, but i am sure you know now how pricelss knowing your install was done right is not to mention i would say i am a good 30-40 percent cheaper than a normal high end shop local to you...and they will espeically kill you in labor when it comes to UNDOING the crap job the current shop did...

either way, if you are interested, PM me.

b

Old 03-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry about your trouble, but your first mistake was "i decided to just go a head and paid the place." Take the drive to see 16psibrick and have him help you.

What brand of equipment did they first install for you?

And your shop can get the double DIN kit by the end of the week if they know where to go. The 06 uses the same kit as the 05, and they aren't in short supply. http://www.grubbsperformance.com/Mer..._Code=Specials

Old 03-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hope they took your foolish as$ for everything...comments like that only make you look more of a fool since you didnt do your research and shot from the hips...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Serious Help needed Guys.... I Made A Mistake...