Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Eclipse AVN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eclipse AVN

Anybody have pics of this unit installed in a g ?

Old 04-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Re: Eclipse AVN

This units are on national allocation. I plan on having pics for you guys in about 2 weeks. I have some pic from non-g35 cars, but I am sure they don't interest you.

Old 04-05-2004, 11:32 PM

i'm gonna have pics soon after my double din kit comes in.

----------------------------------------------------
2000 Le Mans Blue Metalic Honda Prelude - HKS GT2540 Turbo
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Ivory Pearl/6MT/aero/premium/navi

AIM: MEGABB6Turbo

Old 04-07-2004, 12:52 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

i dont understand why people looking for a NAV unit are getting the double-din dash.... i heard its $300 for the kit itself, plus installation.

I can get the AVIC-N1 installed for $200 which includes plexiglass or fiberglass that will make it fit in the upper cubby box..... i would rather have my nav be at eye-level... plus i would get to keep my stock radio/cd changer and steering wheel controls.

The avic-N1 is about $1800 itself.

When you really think about it, our car has 4 din capability.
1) upper glovebox (assuming you dont have stock navi)
2) upper cubby box in center console (requires custom modifications- not tough at all)
3) and 4) where the stock 6cd system goes.

Your best bet is to get a unit that has 2 separate units, each being 1 din in size.....place them in the first 2 din locations i listed above.

Right now i am still shopping/debating

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

Old 04-07-2004, 12:59 PM

I personally don't want the LCD to be to high up and attract the attention of the po-po's. So the double-din is a good idea for me.

DP G35 coupe/ AT / Prem graphite / Sport / Titanium 19 tint / 5 wire hyper-ground kit / clear corners / hyper white clearance/ i-Pod mini silver
San Diego, CA

Old 04-08-2004, 05:08 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

What I was told by my car audio install crew was that the navi cubby has too sharp an angle to install any CD/DVD deck. B/c of the sharp mounting angle, discs tend to skip a lot. I thought about putting a deck there so that I could retain a stock look.

The problem with the upper glove box is a depth problem. Most decks are 6 7/8" deep and it is pretty tight back there even with cutting some of the plastic box housing. Not only is the depth tight for the deck alone, but once you start adding wiring harnesses, RCAs and the antenna adapter, there is not much room next to the in-cabin air filter. I thought of that area too.

Good thoughts though....

Old 04-08-2004, 09:54 AM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mounted many cd players completly vertical and they have not had any problem at all. Most cd players work by a system with a disc holder that comes up and locks the cd in place, it is not held in by gravity, if it was, you would have some serious problems just keeping the disc in place when it starts moving at 600+ RPM even when its horizontal.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:19 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

joe, thanks for the thoughts

I have bad news for everyone wanting to install a 1-din size player in the upper area of the center console. It will NOT work. There is only 5" of space in there if you cut through it. That means any 1-din sized player will stick out 2", which will look like crap. Sorry guys. Double-din dash is the way to go i guess...

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

Old 04-08-2004, 10:09 PM

ahhhhhh...finailly see you come around about the idea of getting an double din kit...i have try to put an deck on that cubby hole, but it will stick out 3-4 inches, and its kindda hard to fabricating around the deck to make it fit well, the double din kit is whole lot easlier and cleaner to deal with...s.w.

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM

are you meant the changer or the deck itself? dont think deck can exceed certian degrees...s.w.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

that is why I commented on this thread. If you read the install manual for the deck ( at least for my Panasonic manual), it says not to mount the deck at certain degrees of angulation.

Old 04-10-2004, 06:56 AM

Can you pls let me know where did u get this AVN. I got my double DIN on last month and I am looking for this AVN2454. I am in LA do not find any in here.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:19 AM

good luck of finding one, its on nation wide back order, i think it has longer wait than the N1s...but you never know, you might find one shop who has one hiding in the back shelfs...but you gonna pay pretty pennys for it tho, i found an shop who have the N1 in stock couple days ago, but he wanted 2400 buck for it!!!...s.w.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:34 AM

We have AVNs & N1s in stock!

We were chosen as Eclipse Retailer of the Year 2 years in a row and also are a big time Pioneer Premier dealer. We get very high allocation.

I am also on the Eclipse advisory board and at this time they don't expect to be caught up until August. It is very hot. I am not even able to take one for my own car.

www.s-waves.com

Old 04-10-2004, 12:18 PM

Yep, I found that out when doing an N1 install on that top cubby hole. See my other post about it. The installer was able to fabricate something so it only sticks out about an inch but it definitely won't sit flush (unless you are willing to cut of air flow to the outside vents).

Andrew

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eclipse AVN