Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XBOX Modding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XBOX Modding

I've noticed that some people are putting multiple game systems into their NAV mods. I can do a full xbox mod where you can get NES, SNES, PSONE, GENESIS, and XBOX running all on a modded XBOX, plus DVD playing.

Let me know if anyone is interested, I might do a full picture by picture DIY for modding the XBOX. I might even include the software behind it all.

*A future project is to link all the remotes, avelectronic, XBOX, DVD, whatever to one universal one.

Old 04-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Re: XBOX Modding

Now if you had a PS2 or Game Cube emulator, THAT would be something.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 04-20-2004, 05:05 PM

psone?!?!? They have a functioning (playable sound and speed) emulator for xbox?? I'll have to look into that, Currently I've got the following complete us/euro sets: nes, snes, n64 (all working titles), gb, gb color, t16, genesis, and snes, (plus a few more systems no one plays), all on the stock 10g hard drive with a gig to spare. Then I've got complete MAME on 1 dvd and complete GBA on 2 dvds (not full). No mod chip in mine though, just did the buffer overflow exploit. Sounds to me like you're doing a chip though, just curious, which one?

Post pics of your setup if you've got it, I'm always curious as to what other people have going on so I can improve my setup. You're using evo-x?

-Nate

Old 04-20-2004, 11:57 PM

I'm interested. Please show us how. My XBOX is sitting in my closet, I'd like to put it to good use.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:30 AM

Maybe it's me, but I just don't see the point in these emulators. Is there really a desire to play totaly obsolete games???? And even the latest GBA games, while acceptable in hand held format, (untill you play a Nokia, anyway) are totally lame graphically on a console.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 04-21-2004, 12:01 PM

For some there's a desire, for some there's not (like anything else). I only play about 1 game from each system (dr. mario, tetris, and goldeneye), but I'm not a big game person.. Still fun to have them all though, and everyone gets a kick out of flipping through the old nes games. My computer, pda, xbox, dreamcast, and gameboy advance all have fully functional NES emulators for them, so even though it's obsolete I'd say there's an interest in that partciular system. The systems people generally don't play (gb, tg16, etc.) take up minimal space anyway so it's not a problem.

As for gba, I actually do use my xbox to play those games, but only because I can easily flip through and test a bunch of them quickly. The good ones I then remember and burn onto my gba cartridge to play when I travel, but you're right I don't think I'd ever sit there for an hour playing a gba game on my xbox. Some people who are really into games care more about gameplay than graphics, so I'm sure they don't mind seeing the pixels..

-Nate

Old 04-21-2004, 02:21 PM

I'm gonna start putting a diy together. I'm also going to include wireless networking the sucker so that people who have the car close enough to their PC can upload mp3s to the xbox and play them.

Overall I think this is a sweet setup cause you get quite a few features out of the xbox.

Old 04-21-2004, 02:42 PM

Whoa the wifi is a great idea, especially since my laptop is always in my car with me... I'm just too cheap to go out and spend the $100 for the x-box 54g card, although I think it's on sale for $80 now. Being able to run a short ethernet cable from the back of it would be cool to, for all those times I need to rip those large xbox games on the go, ha!

What directory on your xbox can you store your mp3s so they will be accessible during gameplay? Currently I only rip retail audio cds (mine can't read cd-rs), but havn't tried to find where they are being stored at.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:49 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

i dont understand how you guys can play video games while driving? that doesnt make any sense to me, a movie maybe but playing video games while driving, now thats just dangerous. And if you sit in your car just to play video games then something is seriously wrong here!!!!!!!

i rain on your parade! AHHH! FEAR ME!

[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

Old 04-22-2004, 02:16 AM

ahh ... you try to ruin our happy day!!!

I was in line for the drive through here in San Diego for the In-N-Out. Dunno what your In-N-Out drive thrus are like, but the one in Mission Valley ... wheeew ... a solid 10-15 wait. It was perfect, busted out my MechAssault on the xbox and was blastin away. Otherwise, woulda jus sat there listenin to music the whole time. Beat a level or two, got my food, threw my controller in the back, and was on my way.

DP G35 coupe/ AT / Prem graphite / Sport / Titanium 19 tint / 5 wire hyper-ground kit / clear corners / hyper white clearance/ i-Pod mini silver
San Diego, CA

Old 04-22-2004, 03:20 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

LOL!!!!! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, we dont have In-and-outs here in Michigan [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

The idea is really cool though, video games in cars [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

Old 04-22-2004, 09:13 PM

looks like racerx has posted some links about modding in another topic,

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...&sb=5&part=all

i'm still going to make something more detailed than those sites.