Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Installing 2 subs one amp to bose system, NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, folks. I have an 04 sedan. There are two connections on my amp. One has four wires and the other has like 16. I'm assuming the 16 are the neg/pos inputs (8) and outputs (8 more) for each of the four front speakers. The pos/neg connection for the sub in the middle of the rear deck seems to come out of nowhere from the front. It seems that the wires for the speakers and sub are bundled together and come to the back on the right side of the car and the sub wires stop at the sub and the rest continue on to the amp. Where is the sub getting power and a signal? Is there another amp? Does it come straight from the HU? (That can't be, can it?) I want to tap into a "low level" output and put in some RCAs to send to my Rockford Fosgate. I would like to tap into specifically subwoofer low-level outputs, but I can't figure out where they are. And even if I were to use maybe the rear left and right outputs, I'm still kinda lost. The inputs and outputs for the four speakers are all going into the amp in the same connector, right? How do I figure out which are inputs and outputs? The diagrams seem to be ambiguous to me. Can you help me?

Last edited by obsdnoblivion; 04-03-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:52 AM
I did my sub install a couple weeks ago myself...L is blue, P is pink. I set my system up or a front soundstage, so my fade is set to 3/4 to the front. I tapped in to the front for my sub and front amp since it is getting most of the power. you may want to think about this if you fade to the front. the wires for the front are orange/blue+, white/blue- passenger side and white+, orange- for driver side. I can figure out any of the others if you need, I was staring that the harnesses for a while trying to figure out what the hell was going on until i figured out the orientation.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Ah, thanks! Finally a response! I'm not trying to do anything complicated at all. Front soundstage sounds cool, but I just want to add subs and I don't want to use line-level inputs on the amp. I was convinced that L must be lime. Oh well. On what I'm told is the diagram from the sedan setup, the wires for the input side of the amp are W and B for the front left, G and R for the front right, BR and Y for the rear left, and L and P for the rear right. I only see orange (OR) on the rear left and right positive outputs. Interestingly, OR and B/P are shown for both the rear left and the rear right at the speaker. But on the speaker side of the amp at the amp I see LG and B/Y on the left positive and negative and OR and B/P on the right pos and neg. I guess this wacky wiring is what balancing is. Some symbols on these diagrams look like capacitors. Don't know what they are for real. But I think I'm gonna go with what appear to be the front left and right inputs to the Bose amp for my left and right rca inputs on my amp. Also interesting is that while I see W and B on the front left speaker inputs to the Bose amp, those are the same designations on the woofer out from the Bose amp. These diagrams are driving me nuts!