Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

F900BT w/ G35 - Bose amp not working? No to little sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again for the great info. Just one last question.. (sorry i have a lot of them, just don't want to be stuck later).

I'm planning on getting the JDM trim.. Is there going to be a considerable gap (on the bottom)? How did you go about fixing it? I don't want to get the cheap looking buttons on the metra kit.

Also - are there instructions included on which wires connect to the unit and the harness (colors)? I'm afraid to get confused with that stuff even though you said it's straight forward

Thanks a million for all your help

Old 12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Most wires are color coordinated to match. There should be a diagram included with the harness if there is any confusion.

I have yet to fix the gap but for now I can live with it. Given its much less noticeable when your sitting and looking down at the deck. Still, its a sight for sore eyes.

Here are pics of the gap

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
umm thats a big gap. i already got my kit and about to order my 90bt. are you sure you cant slide the radio up to the edge of the jdm kit to cover the gap.

if someone knows how a good way to fix this please let us know.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 AM
RiCeBrNr, thanks for the pics! I was so ready to buy this but now i don't know what to do because of the gap... Have you seen the Metra Kit? Does it match the color and texture of the stock panel? I wonder if there would be a way to replace the cheep buttons with the stock ones...

Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
spades_03, please let us know if you find any solution to this gap problem.. I don't know if it's the AVIC-P90BT is too small or the JDM double din kit is too big..

Old 12-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I did a fair amount of research on whether to get the Metra kit or the JDM. It appears that the JDM kit leaves a big gap with most DD's. For this reason I went with the Metra, and I like it a lot except for the buttons. The buttons look pretty cheap, but nobody that has been in my car has seemed to notice. I also looked into using the Metra kit and getting some JDM climate control buttons, but apparently the holes don't quite match up with the Metra buttons, which would leave you having to do custom work (more than just a bit of dremeling). All in all, I am happy with the Metra. It matches my interior nicely and everything clicked together and worked perfectly while doing the install. All that being said, if I were to do it again I would by the JDM and fabricate some fillers to fill the gap.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:51 PM
mmarookiejoe22, thanks for your input!

Hmm, i'm really confused now. I wanted to get this F90BT so badly but i cannot afford to mess up the looks of the interior I mean it would be terrible. I'm looking at two options:

1. Make custom fillers for the gap in the JDM kit. I'm thinking may be it's possible to cut the existing panel that covers the stock Bose unit to fill the gaps? I don't know how it will look though...

2. Get the metra kit and do anything in my power to replace the buttons or the whole AC control unit Since you have the metra kit, could you tell me if it's possible at all? I wish I could take a look at the layout of buttons on it. May be I could bother you for a picture or two... Also - does the paint and texture on the Metra kit match the original paint and texture??

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by mmarookiejoe22
I did a fair amount of research on whether to get the Metra kit or the JDM. It appears that the JDM kit leaves a big gap with most DD's. For this reason I went with the Metra, and I like it a lot except for the buttons. The buttons look pretty cheap, but nobody that has been in my car has seemed to notice. I also looked into using the Metra kit and getting some JDM climate control buttons, but apparently the holes don't quite match up with the Metra buttons, which would leave you having to do custom work (more than just a bit of dremeling). All in all, I am happy with the Metra. It matches my interior nicely and everything clicked together and worked perfectly while doing the install. All that being said, if I were to do it again I would by the JDM and fabricate some fillers to fill the gap.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RiCeBrNr
Electrical Wire AND a soldering iron and solder (optional but gives you a better connection).
Wire Stripper

Wiring is very straight forward especially with the 7551 (less wires). There are alot of ground wires(4-5) between the stereo, amp and the bypass (optional). I found the easiest way to bundle these wires together was with a spiral connector, like the ones you find behind a light switch.
I have the 7551 harness and the Avic f900bt, and for some reason i cannot get this unit to play sound.. the cd i have in there works fine.. but i cant get it to work. upon removing the old HU, do i need to make sure my bose amp is getting powered via remote wire? anyone know?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Make sure the Bose amp is turning on.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by RiCeBrNr
I put the f90bt in and it now works flawlessly with the 7551.

Sound is where it should be now

Enjoy the unit. PS: Don't forget to plug in the rca's that come with the ipod cable and to also use the sticky pad that comes with the navigation piece.

I found without it the navigation was slow to respond to my vehicles movement.
so what you are saying is that you got a new radio because the f900bt didnt work so you got a f90bt?

Old 09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by highstakeG
so what you are saying is that you got a new radio because the f900bt didnt work so you got a f90bt?
No, what I'm saying is that I sold the f900bt for the same amount I was able to get the f90bt.

Thus the upgrade wasn't rocket science.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Welcome!
I would like to ask for assistance:

I've got Pioneer AVIC f900bt type of device it is 2:05 version (Hungary).
This I would like to replace the 2:05 version 3.0 crack version.
Unfortunately, I do not know how to do it, thank you for your help!
Peter