Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Subs in Enclosure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subs in Enclosure

Hi all,
I was wondering if these speakers will sound good enough in this enclosure? What do you guys think?

Speakers (2) MTX T7510-04
Link: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=17017

With this enclosure
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

THanks!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
shouldn't sound too bad. those subs are pretty versatile and sound decent in pretty much anything, comes down to how you power it though

Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I have a MTX Thunder mono 7801 as Amplifier
What about these speakers?

Link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350168151113&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Thanks

Last edited by chico305; 03-07-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
According to the specs on the box and the subs, the pioneers should be fine in there. The MTX wants more space, so you may not get optimum performance out of them. The enclosure volume is only .7cu ft, but the MTX wants .5-1cu ft each. I haven't personally had any experience with them though, so they could be fine.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I bought a box that's very similar to that and have a 10" Infinity Reference in it (single sub). I was told by several people not to get the box that holds two 10's cause the air space isn't sufficient and it's a shared inner space so it might sound pretty crappy. That's why I went with a single 10"... Just my .02

Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Yes I'm Looking for 2 10" subs that will pound with that enclosure any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Matthaios
According to the specs on the box and the subs, the pioneers should be fine in there. The MTX wants more space, so you may not get optimum performance out of them. The enclosure volume is only .7cu ft, but the MTX wants .5-1cu ft each. I haven't personally had any experience with them though, so they could be fine.
enclosure is .7 cubes and the mtx wants between .5 - 1 cube... sounds like you're RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE meaning you'll get a decent amount of output and accurate bass notes. This will be a decent setup. I prefer the MTX to the pioneer subs myself.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by TroysG
enclosure is .7 cubes and the mtx wants between .5 - 1 cube... sounds like you're RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE meaning you'll get a decent amount of output and accurate bass notes. This will be a decent setup. I prefer the MTX to the pioneer subs myself.
He is looking for 2 subs though. I'm pretty sure .7cu is total volume and not for each sub. I would have to agree that the MTX sounds better though. Chico, you should verify the volume of the enclosure...if the enclosure has separate chambers for each youre good, otherwise I would say youre too small.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
He is looking for 2 subs though. I'm pretty sure .7cu is total volume and not for each sub. I would have to agree that the MTX sounds better though. Chico, you should verify the volume of the enclosure...if the enclosure has separate chambers for each youre good, otherwise I would say youre too small.
I was going to take sides with TroysG and had written a full respons. I just noticed that there is only 1 chamber (both subs will share the same air space. It does look to be a pretty small enclosure but it is actually sorta difficult to tell how much internal volum there is.

I don't see all that many subs to work with that enlcosure if it is .7 cubes total for 2 subs. I'd message the seller and see if he can get you inner dimensions or be more specific and mention the inner dimensions, because that is what matters, not the outer dimensions.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by donpisto
I was going to take sides with TroysG and had written a full respons. I just noticed that there is only 1 chamber (both subs will share the same air space. It does look to be a pretty small enclosure but it is actually sorta difficult to tell how much internal volum there is.

I don't see all that many subs to work with that enlcosure if it is .7 cubes total for 2 subs. I'd message the seller and see if he can get you inner dimensions or be more specific and mention the inner dimensions, because that is what matters, not the outer dimensions.
The pioneers say they need .35-.7cu ft per sub, so those should work in them. But honestly, I think you are better off going with 1 good sub in a 4080 box. Im assuming you want it to be a clean install that wont kill your trunk space, otherwise you could just get a custom made ported box for 1 good sub, but then youll have a box sitting in the middle of your trunk taking up a bunch of space. It will definitely hit harder than any 2 subs that you end up throwing in that enclosure and it will sound a lot better.

I am assuming money is also a concern with your setup, so I would suggest looking for a used 4080 box and a decent sub to go in it that hits hard. Just go to a local audio shop and listen some subs and see what you like. If you just want a hard hitting sub check out some JLs, although i hear they like ported boxes more(maybe ask some people on the boards what they think of JLs in 4080 boxes, Im sure there are tons of them out there). Personally Im not a fan of JLs, but I just prefer a different sound. To each their own. IMO this is a better route since you can still get good sound, but if all you really want is a sub that can hit and think 2 subs is really what you want/need and will sound better, then go with the pioneers or any other sub you can find that only needs .35cu or less each.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
The pioneers say they need .35-.7cu ft per sub, so those should work in them. But honestly, I think you are better off going with 1 good sub in a 4080 box. Im assuming you want it to be a clean install that wont kill your trunk space, otherwise you could just get a custom made ported box for 1 good sub, but then youll have a box sitting in the middle of your trunk taking up a bunch of space. It will definitely hit harder than any 2 subs that you end up throwing in that enclosure and it will sound a lot better.

I am assuming money is also a concern with your setup, so I would suggest looking for a used 4080 box and a decent sub to go in it that hits hard. Just go to a local audio shop and listen some subs and see what you like. If you just want a hard hitting sub check out some JLs, although i hear they like ported boxes more(maybe ask some people on the boards what they think of JLs in 4080 boxes, Im sure there are tons of them out there). Personally Im not a fan of JLs, but I just prefer a different sound. To each their own. IMO this is a better route since you can still get good sound, but if all you really want is a sub that can hit and think 2 subs is really what you want/need and will sound better, then go with the pioneers or any other sub you can find that only needs .35cu or less each.

I couldn't agree with you more. Going with one sub is a bit better. Less wiring, more space for the sub, thus better performance out of it, less to spend on an amp, lighther, could go with a better sub rather than settling for 2 so-so subs, etc. I personally prefer 1 sub setups myself.

BTW, I wouldn't put the pioneer in that small of an enclosure. I messed with one myself before and put it in .6 or so cubes and output was weak. Swapped it for a TC Sounds TC2+ with everything remaining the same and it sounded MUCH better. Many TC subs are designed to work with small enclosures spaces. Going off topic now, so yeah, I'd look into a single sub rather than 2. Don't be fooled by more watts = louder/better or more subs = louder/better. I have proven people wrong with a single 10" sub getting louder and sounded much better than dual 12" and even 2 15" sub setups. Sub choice and enclosure are a HUGE factor.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:54 PM
4080 Fits only one 10" Correct?
What about this enclosure?

Link : http://cgi.ebay.com/Infiniti-G35-Cou...3%3A1|294%3A50

Thanks

Last edited by chico305; 03-04-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I used to have two 12" Kicker Cvr on my Accord with a huge ported enclosure but there is no way that's fitting in the G . Those used to be very loud. Pretty undecided...

Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 PM
That enclosure looks like it should be good. It says 1.7cu ft, so you should be good with that one. I would try messaging the seller to make sure that it is the correct volume listed.

The 4080 does only fit 1 10", there might be a 12" one, Im not sure if that was for the sedan only though, but like don said...going with one good sub is going to be better than 2 mediocre subs. I would highly suggest going to a local car audio shop just to listen to a couple. If all you really want is a hard hitting sub and dont care about sound that much it wont matter, but if you want a good sounding sub, shop around first. Even though a sub only hits low bass, there is a world of difference between an MTX sub and an eclipse sub with similar specs. don also made a good point that his single 10" can hit harder than some peoples 2x15"s. Don't be fooled by the ratings.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:37 PM

What about 10" Re Audio ?

Last edited by chico305; 03-08-2009 at 08:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Subs in Enclosure