Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Lines in my AV Electronic picture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lines in my AV Electronic picture

You installed it on the unit itself, huh. So the invertor is not the problem. I'll have to try that.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
G35Driver.com Business Cards

Old 09-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha,
Thanks for remembering me. I actually had replied to an earlier post about the same problem once before. I dont remember which board it was from though... I was trying to get myself in this thread too, but just didn't have a chance. I have been busy trying to reply to inquiries on my PMs...

In the past case, I recommended a Noise Filter as well... It was a wild guess after hearing of the issue - but it turned out to be the solution.

Its strange - I think some people have this issue, and others don't. It must be something with the hardware being used. Anyways, glad you were able to recify the issue. Great job on the install too.

---------------------------------
**** Official PAC Aux Input Dealer!!! ****
SWI-X units available also!

Navi-Conversion Kits at Discounted Pricing
*Authorized AV Electronic Dealer*

Old 09-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

originally i just hooked up the AVElectronic unit (no PS2 or power inverter yet) and i had lines so i knew the problem was interference coming from the unit itself. it was also much more noticeable with the engine running, so i suspected interference from the G's electrical system/alternator/etc.

i got the noise filter (thanks to JustICE for the suggestion a while back) at radioshack and spliced it in between the vehicle power and the AVElectronic and that seemed to help alot. i can still see lines if i look REALLY REALLY CLOSE, but before they were very noticable, to the point where people that i didn't mention the problem to.were asking me if it was messed up

in short, i am very happy with the unit now that i resolved that little bug.

i think my install is basically done, with the exception of a few minor things... check my post a few threads up from this one and give me some opinions on what you think so far