Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

I turn my car on and there is no sound from the speaker's?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OK so I went though this very recently. first off much like OP my car was hit prior to my purchase , It didn't get near the bose amp per say but, a new quarter panel had to be welded the finishing in the trunk was not very well done and ,thusly, the trunk would leak at first it was not that big of a deal however through the passage of time and SFL weather the leaking water eventually made it to the amp...this was my assumption as when i took it to best buy the guys said they could not get audio signal out of the headunit ...which i by then had already purchased a 5ch kenwood amp....so it could be either the amp or head unit 5... i chose a pioneer double din and the dash kit shopped on crutchfield and got an awesome deal with every thing including the wire harness dash kit radio and 4gauge amp kit for less than 350...and will be rec. them tomorrow ill post updates if someone reminds me to...

Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok so everything is in now after everything turns out my amp got wet not my headunit btw the metra kit is slightly off not just the buttons but the aluminum finish itself further more on the stock piece and jdm piece the sides are physically pollished the metra kits use a different finish sticker to accomplish a similar look personally if I were to not be building the car on a budget....i would get the jdm kit...that is all....enjoy

Old 07-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same problem I have aftermarket jvc stereo everything was perfect till last week the audio go off but my subwoofer work only the speaker go off then next day work perfect..but yerterday stop working again I take the radio out and I conect to others speakers and work fine I don't know if is the oem bose amp

Old 01-17-2016, 03:33 PM
audio

any1 found a fix for this? ive had my ca since nov i think, radio works but no sound, a only had sound abou 4 times since ive had it, but since the temp. has fell below 30 it seems to work just fine, does the amp need replaced? ive tried replacing the deck and same thing no sound, turm the head unit to full, faint sound from front speakers

Old 01-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Same issue!

Seems like the weather is playing a role in my issue. Everything works fine.. radio plays, speakers work but amp cuts in and out. Most the time it doesnt work at all but if ive been driving awhile then it will play for about 5 seconds at a time..... its really annoying and i know nothing about amps and wires and all that jazz... please help! I just want my radio back!

Old 02-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Ditto

I just bought an '04 G35X last night and while I was wrapping up my test drive I found I had the same issue as the OP. Until then I had the radio off to make sure I could listen to the car for funny noises. The dealer said the radio had worked earlier in the day but agreed to fix the radio before I took delivery. I'd kind of like to upgrade to either the OEM Nav system or an aftermarket double DIN android system. I'm an engineer and handy with cars so I imagine i'd be able to do the work myself. Any thoughts?

Old 02-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
See the audio video electronics sub forum stickies, there is a very very detailed guide on replacing the stock stereo with a high quality aftermarket one.

The following users liked this post:
monocogger (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by monocogger
I just bought an '04 G35X last night and while I was wrapping up my test drive I found I had the same issue as the OP. Until then I had the radio off to make sure I could listen to the car for funny noises. The dealer said the radio had worked earlier in the day but agreed to fix the radio before I took delivery. I'd kind of like to upgrade to either the OEM Nav system or an aftermarket double DIN android system. I'm an engineer and handy with cars so I imagine i'd be able to do the work myself. Any thoughts?
You're not putting on the OEM nav system unless you're looking for an hilariously outdated system that requires you to strip the entire dashboard to install. To date, I've known of two people in the existence of G35driver.com that have even attempted it. I wouldn't do the install in my own car if you paid me $500 and provided all the parts, and I'm the guy who did stuff like this: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...tra-board.html pretty much for fun. If you need more convincing: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...em-my-car.html

If you're still considering it, here's the help you need.

Get the dealer to purchase the JDM trim kit as a fair trade for the broken radio, and you'll have made a good deal. Once you have it, follow the guide and you're golden.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:59 PM
G35 coupe 2004
G35 2004 coupe speakers issues

Hello,

I have a G35 2004 coupe. Recently the sound from my speakers stop working. Radio, fm, stereo, casetteplayer, control panel, AC, heat, are all working perfectly.. 2 days ago I was due to change the battery ( was the same battery for the past 4 years..) After installing my brand new battery i started my car and the speakers worked again for about 10mn and then stop working again..
Anybody know how to fix this ?
is this a grounding issue ?

Thank you

Old 10-30-2018, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Interesting. What voltage does your battery sit at when the car is on and idling?

Old 10-31-2018, 12:37 PM
G35 coupe 2004
Not sure to be honest.. I have to borrow a voltmeter and check it out.. All i know for now is that there was a bit of corrosion on the battery positive cable (red) that i forgot to remove.. Also there is another red cable attached to it.. Looks like the amp groud cable.. Ill try to remove corosion and check voltage

Also, i have noticed that right after i plug the new battery.. My idle rpm was sitting at 1000 constantly.. And dropped to 500rpm after 10mn.. When the idle dropped to between 400 to 500 rpm thats when speakers stop working again..

Old 10-31-2018, 01:13 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Originally Posted by Itchi
Not sure to be honest.. I have to borrow a voltmeter and check it out.. All i know for now is that there was a bit of corrosion on the battery positive cable (red) that i forgot to remove.. Also there is another red cable attached to it.. Looks like the amp groud cable.. Ill try to remove corosion and check voltage

Also, i have noticed that right after i plug the new battery.. My idle rpm was sitting at 1000 constantly.. And dropped to 500rpm after 10mn.. When the idle dropped to between 400 to 500 rpm thats when speakers stop working again..
Just a tip: Ground is always a negative. U cant have a ground cable hooked up to positive. That would result in a short circuit.

Does your car have the Bose system? Any aftermarket audio equipment?

Dont worry about the idle...thats normal after a battery replacement.

If you disconnect and reconnect the battery, does the audio start working again?

Old 10-31-2018, 01:57 PM
G35 coupe 2004
Originally Posted by Scorpi0

Just a tip: Ground is always a negative. U cant have a ground cable hooked up to positive. That would result in a short circuit.

Does your car have the Bose system? Any aftermarket audio equipment?

Dont worry about the idle...thats normal after a battery replacement.

If you disconnect and reconnect the battery, does the audio start working again?

Thanks for the tip..

My G35 has a bose system.. The previous owner installed a universal radio input to play music from stuff like ipod mp3 player mobile phone ect..

other than that there was i believe a subwoofer in the trunk because ive noticed big audio or amp wire
left unplugged in the trunk

Old 10-31-2018, 02:36 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Since the original wiring has been messed with, its gonna be hard to figure this out without actually looking at it in person.

But my #1 suspect would be an issue with that universal radio input box.

Does the sound work if u disconnect and reconnect the battery?

Old 10-31-2018, 03:15 PM
G35 coupe 2004
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Since the original wiring has been messed with, its gonna be hard to figure this out without actually looking at it in person.

But my #1 suspect would be an issue with that universal radio input box.

Does the sound work if u disconnect and reconnect the battery?

Yes the sound works to a certain extend.. Like 10.. 15mn then speakers stop working but if i increase the radio volume i can hear the fm radio static.. Which means that something is going to the speakers..

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I turn my car on and there is no sound from the speaker's?