Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Problem. Please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Electrical Problem. Please help!

Ok so, long story short, I was trying to install my Usa Spec and for some reason, my car doesnt start anymore. In detail, when I put the car in "ACC" my dash doesnt light, nothing. When I put the car in "ON" position, the seatbelt, slip and vdc light come on and theres a clicking sound.

Then the airbag light starts to flash. I dont know what it is. I've been searching the forums and all I found is to change the fuses. I check the Mirror fuse, electrical fuse, nothing. I'm at my wits end guys. If you have any idea whats going, please let me know.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
When you disconnected the battery during install (you did disconnect the battery before wiring stuff, right?) you may have not connected the terminals back on securely.

If you didn't disconnect the battery, first choke yourself.
Second, check all the fuse boxes in the battery compartment as well as those in the driver's kick panel. If you didn't disconnect the battery, and you're as lucky as you are stupid, you only burned a fuse.

If you did disconnect the battery, and it's reconnected securely, and your fuses all check out with a multimeter, you may have just wired the USA SPEC adapter wrong. Disconnect the battery, remove the adapter, reconnect the battery, see if the car functions normally, and re-check your instructions before re-installing it.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
When you disconnected the battery during install (you did disconnect the battery before wiring stuff, right?) you may have not connected the terminals back on securely.

If you didn't disconnect the battery, first choke yourself.
Second, check all the fuse boxes in the battery compartment as well as those in the driver's kick panel. If you didn't disconnect the battery, and you're as lucky as you are stupid, you only burned a fuse.

If you did disconnect the battery, and it's reconnected securely, and your fuses all check out with a multimeter, you may have just wired the USA SPEC adapter wrong. Disconnect the battery, remove the adapter, reconnect the battery, see if the car functions normally, and re-check your instructions before re-installing it.
Nicely put! Un-do what you did and see if you get the proper result. Then you'll know. Anything else could compound the problems.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry, this thread wasnt too detailed. I posted all the details here,
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...15-nis-15.html

I did un-do everything and I still had the same issue.