Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

USA Spec Pa15-NIS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 PM
mao
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thn116

Try doing that installation procedure again. That might help. I think mine information scrolls.

yours scrolls by itself? is that even possible with our coupes?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thn116

Pretty much, but if you're going to use the aux at one point or another you have to go back to that same box to hook up your lines anyways. You can just adjust the switch then. I just kept mine on and aux hooked up to my blackberry so I can use Pandora.

Well I figured I would be switching back and forth between my Ipod and my Blackberry. So when I installed it I hooked up an auxillary cable as well, intending on leaving both cables (aux and Ipod) always hooked up to the unit.

I need to go check what my dip settings are, but I set them at what the tech support guy from USA spec told me.

It does play for a few seconds but then cuts out.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I have 03 350GT (V35) *** version of G35.
I got PA15-NIS
I have NO SAT, NAV, RADIO or CD button. Only DISC
My BOSE has no 12pin plug, only 10 pin so i plug 10 pin in and connect stock 10 pin to female end of the PA15-NIS. Put cable in for iphone
iphone says accessory not recognized.
I cant get it to see the ipod at all. Pressing DISC after FM or AM does nothing... Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 09-14-2010, 05:44 AM
Installation issues with USA Spec PA15

I have a 2005 G35 Coupe with factory Bose head unit none nav, none sat radio with CD changer in the trunk.
After installing the Pa15 I can not get it to work, I have installed it behind the head unit but read somewhere for some models it needs to go in the trunk not sure if this applies to my model?
The Ipod is getting power and is showing the okay to disconnect but thats it.
On the stereo I have a CD/Aux button, Radio button, SSV button & Disp button tried lots of combinations nothing works.
Also tried to plug into the AV input on the PA15 again nothing.

Any suggestions welcomed as I am running out of ideas

Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Cooped
I have a 2005 G35 Coupe with factory Bose head unit none nav, none sat radio with CD changer in the trunk.
After installing the Pa15 I can not get it to work, I have installed it behind the head unit but read somewhere for some models it needs to go in the trunk not sure if this applies to my model?
The Ipod is getting power and is showing the okay to disconnect but thats it.
On the stereo I have a CD/Aux button, Radio button, SSV button & Disp button tried lots of combinations nothing works.
Also tried to plug into the AV input on the PA15 again nothing.

Any suggestions welcomed as I am running out of ideas
Did you call tech support?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Just finished this addition. Where did you guys hid your box and wires?

Old 10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some people have snuck the unit in the glove compartment. some have stuffed it behind the radio unit. That's what I've read so far. :P

I'm going to buy this in a week or two. I hope I don't damage or scratch any parts trying to take off the dashboard...

anyone got an easy and safe way to take out the center dash unit? (clock and temperature control display) I'm afraid I will nick the surface if I use a flat head screw driver.... :/

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MTG35guy
Just finished this addition. Where did you guys hid your box and wires?

Old 10-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Use a rigid nylon spatula, if it's good enough for Teflon, it's good enough for your dash.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:41 PM
If u got manual i put mine on the bar that sits under the bose unit. You can see it when u pull the gear stick plastic cover off.. ill take a pic later

Old 10-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
^ did you ever get a pic?
I'll probably do this too when i receive my pa15

Old 10-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by w4kj4k
^ did you ever get a pic?
I'll probably do this too when i receive my pa15
Oh my bad i totally forgot!

Name:  IMG_0800.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  46.6 KB

so wrap you fingers under the edge where the leather is and pull upwards. Make sure u shift into 4th so you have room to swivel the whole thing on a angle so you can get to it and when installing unplug the hazard and ashtray cables.

Name:  IMG_0799.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  45.8 KB

But anytime i need to change settings on it, or plug in the RCA plugs i can.
For now i just have the cord running down the side of the drivers center console and it just sits next to my seat belt until i can figure out what to do with it... Its handy as u can hold the iphone close to u when u using it for gps etc or typing messages...

Old 10-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok, I may have screwed my car up royally trying to install this. Its been about 4 hours since I started and things have only gotten worse. I did everything the instructions said, replaced the 10 pin and the 12 pin, and my ipod worked fine but I couldnt get it to save the folder settings. So I had to disconnect/reconnect the battery more than a few times in efforts to initiate the folder settings.

Then, my radio wouldnt work at all anymore and it would make alot of weird noises. So I un-installed and installed everything again. Still nothing. At this point I'm pretty tired and aggravated so I decided to put everything back to stock and do more research. When I did that, the car just had no power at all after connecting my battery again.

If I put the car to "ON", it would just make clicking noises. No power to the windows, nor radio. I dont know what happened or what I did but I hope I didnt destroy my car.

The only things I unplugged were the clock, shifter portion of the console and ofcourse the radio plugs.

Please give me some advice if you have experience with these issues. I just want to get my car working normally, then figure out the USA SPEC another time.

There goes my thinking it was a simple install. What a disaster.

Last edited by WhosRich; 10-23-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 PM
The clicking suggests to me that the alternator is not charged and therefore try charging the battery and see if that helps

As for the folder saving, u sure u go the pins in the right order?
U just gotta plug in the plugs from stock to SPEC and SPEC to BOSE, which ones did you plug in?

Originally Posted by WhosRich
Ok, I may have screwed my car up royally trying to install this. Its been about 4 hours since I started and things have only gotten worse. I did everything the instructions said, replaced the 10 pin and the 12 pin, and my ipod worked fine but I couldnt get it to save the folder settings. So I had to disconnect/reconnect the battery more than a few times in efforts to initiate the folder settings.

Then, my radio wouldnt work at all anymore and it would make alot of weird noises. So I un-installed and installed everything again. Still nothing. At this point I'm pretty tired and aggravated so I decided to put everything back to stock and do more research. When I did that, the car just had no power at all after connecting my battery again.

If I put the car to "ON", it would just make clicking noises. No power to the windows, nor radio. I dont know what happened or what I did but I hope I didnt destroy my car.

The only things I unplugged were the clock, shifter portion of the console and ofcourse the radio plugs.

Please give me some advice if you have experience with these issues. I just want to get my car working normally, then figure out the USA SPEC another time.

There goes my thinking it was a simple install. What a disaster.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for reply!

Its clicking when "ON" not start though. Does that make a difference?

As far as the folder issue goes, I'm not Bose. So I plugged stock to usa to head unit for both the 10 pin and 12 pin.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Little more detail here than your new thread that I just responded to.

Sounds like a dead battery, which is less of a concern than fixing what drained the battery so fast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USA Spec Pa15-NIS