Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USA spec PA15-INFI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing the pa15-nis isnt that hard. theres a very detailed step by step diy floating around here. just search for it.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:20 PM
g35x sedan

Alright who has done this on a sedan, i know they are all prewired and what not, but if we dont have the satelite radio, we can just hook it into the pre-wiring correct?
I ask this because i have the infi alrdy and want to make sure this wont work before i return it, Best Buy said it wont work but im pretty sure they just wanted me to get their isimple or something, that goes directly into the headunit.

Thanks,
Houston

Old 01-13-2012, 02:28 PM
If ive been reading correctly you need to get the Pa15-nis. The pa15-infi is for cars that have satellite radio in it already. I have a G coupe and ive read i need to get the pa15-nis, not sure if sedans are different or not.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by barchambault77
If ive been reading correctly you need to get the Pa15-nis. The pa15-infi is for cars that have satellite radio in it already. I have a G coupe and ive read i need to get the pa15-nis, not sure if sedans are different or not.
just double checking before i bother crutchfield,
i know that all the 05's are prewired for sure. just dont have full sat radio.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I am wired to the back of my stereo unit... I didn't bother with the trunk. At the time I did not know there was a plug for the system. I have a Non-Bose sedan. No rear sub for me

Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hello,
i installed the infi and my dip setup is:
1 off
2 off
3 off
4 on

There seems to be something not working though. The manual asks to do the steps 1 to 13. I did up to step 10 and everything went fine but when I tried to save CH1 by pressing button 1 for a few secs, i hear the beep but i dont see it being programed. It's the same with 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I tried a few times but it wont program.

The music plays fine, but I noticed that from the steering wheel, I have to hold the Seek button about 3 secs to change songs. Is this normal for others?
Also holding button 1 and/or 2 for 3 seconds turns random on or off. Button 3 and 4 turn playlist option on/off.

does anyone else who has the INFI have these issues?

Thanks,
Reggie

Old 01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by MetallicT
Just finished installing the PA15-nis in my '03 coupe. I ran extensions for the iPod and aux to the switch blank between the seat heater switches. Allows me to remove all the cables when not in use.
I love that!!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by xxx4reggie
hello,
i installed the infi and my dip setup is:
1 off
2 off
3 off
4 on

There seems to be something not working though. The manual asks to do the steps 1 to 13. I did up to step 10 and everything went fine but when I tried to save CH1 by pressing button 1 for a few secs, i hear the beep but i dont see it being programed. It's the same with 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I tried a few times but it wont program.

The music plays fine, but I noticed that from the steering wheel, I have to hold the Seek button about 3 secs to change songs. Is this normal for others?
Also holding button 1 and/or 2 for 3 seconds turns random on or off. Button 3 and 4 turn playlist option on/off.

does anyone else who has the INFI have these issues?
I had similar problems with I put this in my Coupe. Tech support had me set the dip switches following the "A-B-C" settings, so: OFF-ON-OFF with #1 ON to use AUX.

Also, you can't change songs with the steering wheel, this is a limitation due to the fact that the PA15 emulates an XM radio. For example, you'll notice that if you are listening to FM radio, clicking the steering with scrolls through your PRESET stations. The PA15 uses the presets for the Playlist/Artist/Songs/Aux settings, so clicking the steering wheel causes some goofiness to occur. You'll have to use the TUNE button on the radio to advance tracks.

Last edited by LoSt180; 01-23-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Had the AUX switch wrong.
The following users liked this post:
Michael Joneser (02-04-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
I had similar problems with I put this in my Coupe. Tech support had me set the dip switches following the "A-B-C" settings, so: OFF-ON-OFF with #4 ON to use AUX.

Also, you can't change songs with the steering wheel, this is a limitation due to the fact that the PA15 emulates an XM radio. For example, you'll notice that if you are listening to FM radio, clicking the steering with scrolls through your PRESET stations. The PA15 uses the presets for the Playlist/Artist/Songs/Aux settings, so clicking the steering wheel causes some goofiness to occur. You'll have to use the TUNE button on the radio to advance tracks.
did you notice any difference with the sound when you went FM? so with SAT the buttons are kinda messed up but when you went ABC with FM, everything worked again?

Wonder why that is the case.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by xxx4reggie
did you notice any difference with the sound when you went FM? so with SAT the buttons are kinda messed up but when you went ABC with FM, everything worked again?

Wonder why that is the case.
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Did it work with the dip switch settings I mentioned?

I only mentioned the FM/XM radio as example explaining why you can't advance songs with the steering wheel.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Did it work with the dip switch settings I mentioned?

I only mentioned the FM/XM radio as example explaining why you can't advance songs with the steering wheel.
o ok, i wanted to know if going ABC from SAT1/2 fixes the steering issue and the presents issue that I'm having with it (this is the big issue that i'm having right now. The presents dont work

Old 01-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm also having trouble installing the pa15-infi. I have 06 sedan with no sat radio, but I am prewired.

When I select the radio button it just goes through, AM, FM1, FM2 and repeats.

What dip settings are you guys using? Also, I'm just wanting to use the AUX input to get audio from my android phone to the car. I don't have an ipod.

Last edited by miltoda; 01-22-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Hmm...should I start a new thread. I figured I would have had at least a reply by now.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Premier Member

Crap, I had dip switches #1 and #4 flipped. Dip #1 is what enables the RCA(AUX) port.

So the CORRECT settings for use in the G35 are as follows:

#1 - ON if using AUX port / OFF if not

#2 - OFF (UP)
#3 - ON (DOWN)
#4 - OFF (UP)

Originally Posted by miltoda
I'm also having trouble installing the pa15-infi. I have 06 sedan with no sat radio, but I am prewired.

When I select the radio button it just goes through, AM, FM1, FM2 and repeats.

What dip settings are you guys using? Also, I'm just wanting to use the AUX input to get audio from my android phone to the car. I don't have an ipod.
Is the black ground wire connected that's on the harness?

Since this thing is designed for using an iPod, you may need to borrow one to at least set up your Presets. Also leave the iPod wire harness plugged into the PA15. Just select Preset 6 after you have it all set up and you should be good to go.

The following users liked this post:
miltoda (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the help LoSt180! Currently, the black ground cable is not screwed to the chassis. I temporarily grounded it and didn't see a difference. I will ground it properly though, just didn't have a screw to fit the predrilled holes in the exposed metal in the trunk.

So am I wrong in wanting to use this just for AUX inputs? I could probably borrow an ipod to setup this up, but do i need to have an ipod connected all the time to use the AUX? I'm not against picking up an ipod, but i'd like to know what my options are.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USA spec PA15-INFI