Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Anyone want a in-car docking station????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, well, I tried the ashtray install over the weekend. I had grand plans of having the dock slide out when needed and slide back in when you remove your Ipod.

I dremeled the back of the ashtray container to try and make room, but it still wasn't deep enough to allow the ashtray lid to close. The dock is a tad too large. The latching mechanism at the back of the ashtray kept me from going deeper. If I cut this off, I'd have to find another way to keep the lid closed...something I'm considering as a project for another weekend.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. By the way, the Belkin with PAC setup was a big upgrade from the cassette adapter. Sounds so much better. I also used a female cig plug for the Belkin charger and hardwired it to the fuse box with an add-a-fuse to make it look a little cleaner.

In the meantime, this is what I have. The ashtray lid stays open all the time. The cubby hole wasn't an option since I have navi and the center console was just a little too far back for my taste. So the ashtray, I felt, was my best option...central location for both occupants and great for viewing!

Paragon

Attached Thumbnails Anyone want a in-car docking station????-ipod-3.jpg   Anyone want a in-car docking station????-ipod-4.jpg   Anyone want a in-car docking station????-ipod-5.jpg  
Old 05-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.proclipusa.com

I have the one that goes just to the right of the ashtray (over the hazards button). However, I use the tape adapter, so my wires are hanging out. Yours looks very clean.