Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

My latest upgrades....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 04:47 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
My latest upgrades....

Hey everyone,

I posted this thread on 6mt.net too so if you already saw it there, please bare with me.

Not leaving well enough alone, I made some upgrades to my audio (and now video) system.

I upgraded my deck to a new Panasonic CQ-MXE 9800U HU which boasts 60Wx4 and screensaver customization. My "old" HU was also a Panasonic CQ-MXE older model which the CD loading mechanism broke so Crutchfield is fixing now. Great bells and whistles with great performance and graphical interface.

I installed god_of_cpu's (aka Chuck) Xenarc 7" screen mod into the navi cubby. After some minor adjustments and SOME GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT from Chuck, it works like a charm. Beautiful LCD display and smooth raising and lowering of screen. www.digitalwheelz.com

Installed Pyle DVD player into upper glovebox using god_of_cpu's single DIn adapter. You need a DVD player or HU that is less than 6.5" deep. I originally bought a Blaupunkt ME3 DVD player but was waaay too deep. Looks very stealth, stock and plays great. The Pyle unit dropped right into the slot and is about 6" deep x 2" high x7" wide.

Let me know what you guys and gals think. Thanks to Chuck for all his help.

doc

Attached Thumbnails My latest upgrades....-hu.jpg   My latest upgrades....-xenarc-panasonic-hu.jpg   My latest upgrades....-dvd.jpg   My latest upgrades....-din-adapater.jpg   My latest upgrades....-everything.jpg  

Old 01-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice setup, the head unit is awesome. I just got my Digital Wheelz screen installed like a week or so ago, got my xbox connected to it and just waiting for time to wire in the dc-dc power supply for my carputer. Chuck (God_of_Cpu)does an awesome job with the customer service by the way. Very nice setup, especially because it's hidden when it needs to be

pics comming soon

Old 01-10-2005, 06:37 AM
Looks great! Do you plan on doing anything more than just a DVD setup? Perhaps Navigation..?

I am planning on ordering my screen with them sometime soon hopefully.

Old 01-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by wickedG35
Looks great! Do you plan on doing anything more than just a DVD setup? Perhaps Navigation..?.
No plans for navigation yet. Not available in Hawaii.

We don't even have access to Sirius, XM or OnStar. The Eclipse AVN navi program won't work. Someone told me *maybe* the navigation software for the AVIC will work in Hawaii. Curiously enough, Circuit City sells Magellen Roadmates so I guess that navigation software works here in Hawaii.

doc

Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
looks awesome.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:56 PM
That looks awesome. I put in the Digital Wheelz screen and a Boss player. I am having some problems with the Boss unit and wonder if the Pyle is better. My biggest need is that the playerd I use must be able to play DVD -R format. Do you know if the Pyle does? GF

Old 01-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joepaniolo
Hey everyone,

I posted this thread on 6mt.net too so if you already saw it there, please bare with me.

Not leaving well enough alone, I made some upgrades to my audio (and now video) system.

I upgraded my deck to a new Panasonic CQ-MXE 9800U HU which boasts 60Wx4 and screensaver customization. My "old" HU was also a Panasonic CQ-MXE older model which the CD loading mechanism broke so Crutchfield is fixing now. Great bells and whistles with great performance and graphical interface.

I installed god_of_cpu's (aka Chuck) Xenarc 7" screen mod into the navi cubby. After some minor adjustments and SOME GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT from Chuck, it works like a charm. Beautiful LCD display and smooth raising and lowering of screen. www.digitalwheelz.com

Installed Pyle DVD player into upper glovebox using god_of_cpu's single DIn adapter. You need a DVD player or HU that is less than 6.5" deep. I originally bought a Blaupunkt ME3 DVD player but was waaay too deep. Looks very stealth, stock and plays great. The Pyle unit dropped right into the slot and is about 6" deep x 2" high x7" wide.

Let me know what you guys and gals think. Thanks to Chuck for all his help.

doc
joepaniolo,
What floor mat is that?

Old 01-11-2005, 02:02 PM
From the manufactur's specs, does not include DVD-R format for the Pyle Unit.

doc

Old 01-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Floor mat is a rubber carbon fiber replica from Kmart or Walmart $29.99 lol. I get asked that a lot from my pix......its not that special...lol

I just needed something cheap and fast to protect my stock carpets from getting too dirty. I don't have an Infiniti dealership locally (its on a different island) that I can buy all-weather mats from so when I was at Walmart one day, I saw these and said "what the heck".

doc

Old 01-11-2005, 08:10 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Originally Posted by joepaniolo
No plans for navigation yet. Not available in Hawaii.

We don't even have access to Sirius, XM or OnStar. The Eclipse AVN navi program won't work. Someone told me *maybe* the navigation software for the AVIC will work in Hawaii. Curiously enough, Circuit City sells Magellen Roadmates so I guess that navigation software works here in Hawaii.

doc
Looks like I may have another product you might be intereseted in soon...

http://www.digitalwheelz.com/UbiquityV_About.htm

Last edited by god_of_cpu; 01-11-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:42 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Old 01-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
joepaniolo ~ great job! looks very nice. Where did you buy the screen and dvd player?

god_of_cpu ~ on that nav program whats needed to run it? Sorry if this a vauge question just trying to understand how this works. When in 05 do you think this will be ready?

Old 01-11-2005, 10:45 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Originally Posted by G2FAST
god_of_cpu ~ on that nav program whats needed to run it? Sorry if this a vauge question just trying to understand how this works. When in 05 do you think this will be ready?
Basic hardware requirements are listed on the webpage...
Windows XP SP1
1 Ghz processor
DirectX 7 compatible 3D card
384 Mb of ram

The big thing is the 3D card, that allows UbiquityV to do all sorts of animations, transparency, and other cool effects at high resolutions and frame rates. Don't need anything great, but definitly something from nvidia or ati, like an embedded GeForce. Most of the Software features are done, but were working on smoothing out some of the kinks. A final version should hopefully be available by May and a basic hardware / software solution within 3 months after that.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:10 PM
if only i was rich. haha.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
G SQUAD
Great Job!!

HEy Jo....how ya been??

Been a while since the DIY's we've posted....NICE to see your INstall....Looks HOT!!.

and Tell me how that one Din converter is a GREAT THING !!!! Isnt it!!

nice install though...I am in love with mine also...

Great looks and hide-a-way....Again BIG thumbs up to Chuck!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My latest upgrades....