Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

'05 Bose Radio Problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 Bose Radio Problems?

I came out of a GS300 and into an '05 G35x with Premium and Nav. The factory "Premium" sound system in the Lexus kills the Bose sound system in the G35, that's one thing. Secondly, I notice that when I turn the radio on, the sound is a little on the dull side. When I click the audio button to see the settings, everything is the same as I left it. I have the treble on +5 all the time. In noticing that it sounds a little dull, I dropped it down to +4 and then back to +5 and it got clear all of a sudden. I do think something is wrong with that, and will be addressing it with my dealer soon. As for bass, by increasing it, the sound quality diminishes (unlike the Lexus, which only sounded better the louder you made it), I just leave it on +2 or +3.
Oh yeah, I'm a G35 Newb...Just got it last week! Diamond Graphite/Stone

Old 01-23-2005, 09:57 PM
agreed

i know nothing about audio compared to many others out here, but i agree. my 05 is my 2nd G35 (first was an 03), and the sound in both of them suck (technical opinion). my 03 might have been a bit crisper.

my 01 jetta sounded better. it's just not an impressive system, but the ride makes up for it.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Shoof
I came out of a GS300 and into an '05 G35x with Premium and Nav. The factory "Premium" sound system in the Lexus kills the Bose sound system in the G35, that's one thing. Secondly, I notice that when I turn the radio on, the sound is a little on the dull side. When I click the audio button to see the settings, everything is the same as I left it. I have the treble on +5 all the time. In noticing that it sounds a little dull, I dropped it down to +4 and then back to +5 and it got clear all of a sudden. I do think something is wrong with that, and will be addressing it with my dealer soon. As for bass, by increasing it, the sound quality diminishes (unlike the Lexus, which only sounded better the louder you made it), I just leave it on +2 or +3.
Oh yeah, I'm a G35 Newb...Just got it last week! Diamond Graphite/Stone
See below - This was posted on another board a few weeks ago. I also have the same issue you are describing and was going to get it checked out next time I make it to the dealer. I have an '05 A/T Coupe with the premium package.

"I was on another thread when this issue came up. A few others have had this exact same problem. So, if u have a 2005 coupe or sedan with the Bose stereo, check this out.
I bought my 2005 coupe 6 weeks ago. I have the bass on "5" {highest setting}. Turn the car off or sometimes just the stereo off. I'll come back at a later time turn the stereo on. The bass is way down low. When I look to see where the setting is, its still on "5". If I click it down to "4" the bass kicks in. Same with trebile. I have to click it down to "4", to "jump start it". Then when moving the bass or trebile up or down it works fine. It's as if it doesn't memorize the setting when you shut the system down. It never changes while the stereo is on. I call Matt at bose automotive 508-766-9524. I went straight to the heart of the company. I called them first to see if they were aware of the problem and that maybe they cud be specific about the problem. This way the dealer doesn't tear up the car. Cause alot of bose sytems have individual amplifiers in each speaker. But he never heard of any issues like that. Anyway, please check it yourself.. If u have the problem post it and call this guy. Will save us alot of grief. "

Old 01-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the doubleDIN conversion soon-to-be-done club......lol

THe only problem is the '05 DD conversion looks to be probably a little more expensive given the parts needed from Japan for the doubleDIN brushed aluminum dash piece and the newer AC controller with rotary ****.

Glad to see Infiniti listens to its consumers about sucky sound systems.....addition of mp3 capability....woohoo......the sound quality still sucks still probably due to the stock speakers.......

doc
doc

Old 01-28-2005, 08:08 PM
So I spoke to my service guy at Frontier Infiniti here in santa clara about the "lost setting" issue, and he (of course) had never heard of the issue. He did offer to take a listen and replace the radio if there's a problem. But it doesn't sound like that's a real solution, since i doubt that would change anything. I'd just replace the stock HU, etc., but it's a lease and i doubt that's something they'll be excited about.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:43 AM
is it the speakers?

i am not the double-DIN type of person. i will live with what i have, BUT, if speakers are the culrpit, than i would consider swapping.

so is it the speakers or the entire system overall that makes the sound seems "dull" as others have stated?

Old 01-31-2005, 07:00 PM
i have the same problem.it happens to either the bass or treble,or both randomly.hopefuly they will have a fix soon.it is a bit annoying.when it is working correctly it def sounds better than the bose in my old 2003 g.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Same issue here. Should I even bother trying to contact the dealer so that they can report it to the manufacturer?

Old 02-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah, contact the dealer. Sooner or later they'll get enough of these calls and pass the issue along.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i also concur with everything above. i actually mentioned this stuff in another post. i picked up my '05 coupe 6mt last friday and have noticed the EXACT same dilema. at first i thought it was the cd that i burned. then i went into the audio settings moved the bass from +5 to +4 and the bass kicked in all of a sudden. i actually keep the settings below +5 now (seems to hold in memory better that way). to me it seems like the bose hu cuts out base at +5... +4 sounds to have more bass in my opinion. i remember the bose cutting out bass on my older vette when i cranked the volume up really high... is there maybe something specifically designed with the hu to correct distortion at high levels?? maybe that's what's causing it. very strange that it starts to cut bass at a predetermined setting within the hu though. keep us posted if u fix this 'glitch' as i would also like to correct the problem on my vehicle.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Contacted the dealer. Never heard of the issue. They offered to replace the stereo. I am having them test other coupes first before they tear apart my 3 day old Coupe

-Joe

Old 02-01-2005, 07:22 PM
I dropped a message to Infiniti consumer affairs at

http://www.infiniti.com/form/0,,acti...tactUs,00.html

Might be worth it for others to do the same.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
My car is 2 weeks old and I thought I was either insane, in denial or blamed it on the songs but I knew I should never have doubted my ear. Same problem here...but dang I thought it only affected bass...treble too?!? This is a bi**h everytime getting into the car to set it...I think they MASS manufactured a glitched circuit.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh I also realized that when I turn it like past 17 or 18 on the volume, the bass kicks in again. So I don't know if this has to do with a new version of the SOV or whatever that feature is called that raises and lowers the volume depending on your car speed....all I know is mine is on the lowest level of sensitivity because I don't want my car to turn it up as I go on the freeway...I want to be able to manually do it.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by wnpublic
I dropped a message to Infiniti consumer affairs at

http://www.infiniti.com/form/0,,acti...tactUs,00.html

Might be worth it for others to do the same.
good call. I just submitted my complaint.

-Joe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '05 Bose Radio Problems?