Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
I haven't seen any new products that do similar to the GROM unit. There's just not much of a market for anything that does what it does, since most people are happy with using their phones as the sole way to control media playback.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just wanted to give a shout out to the folks at USA Spec. I can't say enough about their post sale and warranty support.

My sound started intermittently cutting out. Although arguably out of warranty (I did not have an install date and I sat on the problem a little bit), they replaced the unit, even offering a newer model at a reasonable upgrade cost. Communication was excellent both through email and telephone calls from the tech department.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just installed a GROM NIS02A1 into my 05 6mt sedan, Bose with no SAT button.
I was a little concerned because the Grom site says you need the SAT button but this forum says otherwise. The radio would only cycle through AM, FM1 and FM2, without any sort of satellite radio option
Once I got it installed the radio button now cycles between AM, FM1, FM2, XM1.
It is quite a task to get the radio out but the video link in the first post makes it pretty easy.
Sounds great for a analog input from my phone.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by tsj9197
I just installed a GROM NIS02A1 into my 05 6mt sedan, Bose with no SAT button.
I was a little concerned because the Grom site says you need the SAT button but this forum says otherwise. The radio would only cycle through AM, FM1 and FM2, without any sort of satellite radio option
Once I got it installed the radio button now cycles between AM, FM1, FM2, XM1.
It is quite a task to get the radio out but the video link in the first post makes it pretty easy.
Sounds great for a analog input from my phone.
Proving once again that this forum knows more than the product manufacturers themselves.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Cool G35 Coupe 2005 No Sat?

Hi Guys,

New to the forum here and I have a really quick question. Likely dumb!

- I just bought a 2005 G35 Coupe with Bose sound. Trying to hook up aux at the very least and if I can get bluetooth then great.

My question: I noticed that these methods essentially emulate a satellite signal, and from what I've gathered I should be pre-wired to do this. However, when I hit the "Mode" button on my radio, I get FM 1&2, and CD. I don't get the XM 1&2 channels. Is this normal? Do these channels only show up once I've connected something to the harness in the trunk? Or is my car somehow not satellite enabled? If it isn't ... What are my options then? (trying to avoid purchasing a 200$ dash kit and radio lol)

Thanks a million in advance. Sorry if this question is redundant.. I tried to search but couldn't get a specific answer. And since no one really posts the radio functionality pre-install I couldn't find a clear video either!

Old 06-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Back in 2005 Sirius Radio was a factory option in new Infiniti's.
XM and Sirius Radio were separate companies prior to their merger.
I had a Sirius Radio factory installed in my 06 G35 when I purchased it new in Dec 2005.
Since Sirius is now known as Sirius/XM I suppose you could get a satellite radio installed in your vehicle.
Perhaps a portable satellite radio would make more sense and be cheaper in an almost 12 year old vehicle. Plus you could use it at home as well as in a rental vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_XM_Holdings

Telcoman

Old 06-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by telcoman
Back in 2005 Sirius Radio was a factory option in new Infiniti's.
XM and Sirius Radio were separate companies prior to their merger.
I had a Sirius Radio factory installed in my 06 G35 when I purchased it new in Dec 2005.
Since Sirius is now known as Sirius/XM I suppose you could get a satellite radio installed in your vehicle.
Perhaps a portable satellite radio would make more sense and be cheaper in an almost 12 year old vehicle. Plus you could use it at home as well as in a rental vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_XM_Holdings

Telcoman
Perhaps I wasn't clear! My big concern is that I don't want to buy the 200$ GROM adapter and find out it doesn't work because I don't have the XM1 channel.
Doest the XM1 channel only appear after installing the GROM adapter?

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by alexdesroches
Hi Guys,

New to the forum here and I have a really quick question. Likely dumb!

- I just bought a 2005 G35 Coupe with Bose sound. Trying to hook up aux at the very least and if I can get bluetooth then great.

My question: I noticed that these methods essentially emulate a satellite signal, and from what I've gathered I should be pre-wired to do this. However, when I hit the "Mode" button on my radio, I get FM 1&2, and CD. I don't get the XM 1&2 channels. Is this normal? Do these channels only show up once I've connected something to the harness in the trunk? Or is my car somehow not satellite enabled? If it isn't ... What are my options then? (trying to avoid purchasing a 200$ dash kit and radio lol)

Thanks a million in advance. Sorry if this question is redundant.. I tried to search but couldn't get a specific answer. And since no one really posts the radio functionality pre-install I couldn't find a clear video either!
That is normal. The mode button won't show an input mode that isn't connected. Until you have a satellite adapter (or aux input that emulates it) attached to the plug, it won't show up.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Have a 2006 G35 coupe with no Bose. Which adapter should I purchase?

Old 07-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Ellyotic
Have a 2006 G35 coupe with no Bose. Which adapter should I purchase?
Depends whether you want to remove the radio for install or not, and whether you just want AUX, or bluetooth, or iPod connections... the first post should help with your decision.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Just got the GROM NIS02U3 plus the Bluetooth dongle for my 05 g35 sedan. Let's see how it goes. Very helpful info on this thread!

Last edited by mushu; 07-07-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:11 AM
Cannot find sat harness in the trunk

Hi Guys, I have read all pages of this thread and also other topics, very helpful.
However I cannot find sat harness in the trunk of my Infiniti G35 2006 sedan. The specification of the car is for GCC countries, I bought it in Dubai.
I have attached pictures of my trunk to this post. Can you please help me to identify the location?
I have a doubt that Infiniti does not provide wired sat harness for GCC countries..
Also there is a button CD AUX on my radio, but there is no aux socket.
Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4840.jpg   How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4841.jpg   How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4842.jpg   How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4843.jpg   How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4844.jpg  

How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4815.jpg   How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4823.jpg  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:15 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by uNwar
Hi Guys, I have read all pages of this thread and also other topics, very helpful.
However I cannot find sat harness in the trunk of my Infiniti G35 2006 sedan. The specification of the car is for GCC countries, I bought it in Dubai.
I have attached pictures of my trunk to this post. Can you please help me to identify the location?
I have a doubt that Infiniti does not provide wired sat harness for GCC countries..
Also there is a button CD AUX on my radio, but there is no aux socket.
Thanks in advance
This is not a factory adapter here, do you know what it is, or can you get a better shot of it so we can determine what it is? It looks to me like an aftermarket satellite radio receiver, which may have been hard-wired to the wires that went to the satellite harness.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
This is not a factory adapter here, do you know what it is, or can you get a better shot of it so we can determine what it is? It looks to me like an aftermarket satellite radio receiver, which may have been hard-wired to the wires that went to the satellite harness.
Wrathernaut, I don't know what it is, there are no any marks/nameplates. Probably this is handsfree bluetooth set, because I have the control device for it attached to the dashboard. Brand is "Parrot". However I have never used it. I took better pictures of this box, please have a look on them.
Probably I have to go to nissan-type adapter option. However here in UAE I cannot find any adapter that connects to the satellite radio. I found only one that connects to CD changer port. Can you please advise if quality will be the same? I am afraid that this cd changer adapter will not fit my car. I have attached the picture. If you familiar with this, would you please advise? In the worst case I will order ISNI571 from ebay.

Attached Thumbnails How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4852.jpg   How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4854.jpg   How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-img_4816.jpg  
Old 07-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by uNwar
Wrathernaut, I don't know what it is, there are no any marks/nameplates. Probably this is handsfree bluetooth set, because I have the control device for it attached to the dashboard. Brand is "Parrot". However I have never used it. I took better pictures of this box, please have a look on them.
Probably I have to go to nissan-type adapter option. However here in UAE I cannot find any adapter that connects to the satellite radio. I found only one that connects to CD changer port. Can you please advise if quality will be the same? I am afraid that this cd changer adapter will not fit my car. I have attached the picture. If you familiar with this, would you please advise? In the worst case I will order ISNI571 from ebay.
I think your best option is to go with one of the nissan-style ones that plugs into the radio. The CD changer adapters are probably made to connect to the missing satellite radio harness in the trunk, or require manually matching the wiring without an adapter.

Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio