Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Pablo Moreno
Ok guys so I read everything on here so have a good understanding... Now I just recently bought my car and it came with the iPod connection... Now I'm Not an apple user so I want the 3.5mm input... My guess is that I have the ISNI571 model... My question is can I add a 3.5mm jack to this module or do I have to buy a whole different one... This model says it comes with a 3.5mm jack but I don't see it anywhere on car.... I know I can take apart radio trim to check but was just trying to avoid wasting time
If you don't have the 3.5mm cord to connect, you'll have to try and get one to plug in:

Perhaps it's connected by the previous owner, but I'd guess it's sitting in a box in the previous owner's garage or in a landfill, but you'll need to get to the unit and trace the wire to find it if you can't find it in the glovebox or armrest storage or radio cubby hole.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So can you tap into the sat plug and add a set of audio cables or or 3.5 plug and keeping it cheap?

Old 07-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Chad3604
So can you tap into the sat plug and add a set of audio cables or or 3.5 plug and keeping it cheap?
ONLY if you have the satellite adapter installed, otherwise the factory radio won't switch to those inputs.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Well have the harnes in the truck is that the adapter?

Old 07-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Chad3604
Well have the harnes in the truck is that the adapter?
No, that's a harness. An adapter is a metal box that the harness plugs into.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:45 AM
Thanks so much for putting such an informative thread together. Helps so much having all this information compiled and helped me ask the right questions about my car and find the right answers.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Hey Wrathernaut just wanna say you've done one hell of a job with this post though i couldn't really understand all of it due to the fact im not that big in audio mechanics read almost all the post people have done and im almost got it down. but i want to make sure i get what i need so if you can help id greatly appreciate it. before hand i own a g35 coupe 2006 no navigation. i do have a cat button, not sure about sat. im not trying to go for a double din but i want some type of aux that will give me the clearest quality, alot of feedback i heard around is that grom doesn't give you the bass and volume they expect and volume wise you have to raise it almost to max.ive been looking into isimple as well and i noticed theirs two different models ISNI572 & ISNI571 i don't know the difference i see in the pictures the harnesses are different but which one would fit my car. and as far as quality what do you know about it. Quality > quantity $$$ . Thanks Again

With Bose System Forgot to mention sorry

Last edited by pxlds; 07-30-2015 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention bose stock system
Old 07-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by pxlds
Hey Wrathernaut just wanna say you've done one hell of a job with this post though i couldn't really understand all of it due to the fact im not that big in audio mechanics read almost all the post people have done and im almost got it down. but i want to make sure i get what i need so if you can help id greatly appreciate it. before hand i own a g35 coupe 2006 no navigation. i do have a cat button, not sure about sat. im not trying to go for a double din but i want some type of aux that will give me the clearest quality, alot of feedback i heard around is that grom doesn't give you the bass and volume they expect and volume wise you have to raise it almost to max.ive been looking into isimple as well and i noticed theirs two different models ISNI572 & ISNI571 i don't know the difference i see in the pictures the harnesses are different but which one would fit my car. and as far as quality what do you know about it. Quality > quantity $$$ . Thanks Again

With Bose System Forgot to mention sorry
The ISNI572 is for 07+ sedans and 08+ coupes, so you need the ISNI571.

Whether it's GROM, PAC or USASPEC, they all send analog audio straight over to the analog input on the back of the radio, so sound quality is going to be equivalent across the board, the only differences you might be able to hear would be if you get one with bluetooth inputs, since that will require some audio conversion.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
The ISNI572 is for 07+ sedans and 08+ coupes, so you need the ISNI571.

Whether it's GROM, PAC or USASPEC, they all send analog audio straight over to the analog input on the back of the radio, so sound quality is going to be equivalent across the board, the only differences you might be able to hear would be if you get one with bluetooth inputs, since that will require some audio conversion.
Last but not least i know you just mentioned them all being an analog input and it just made it 10 x easier for me to understand which one would you recommend and of any specific website + including harnesss plug in + play ?

Old 07-30-2015, 09:29 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by pxlds
Last but not least i know you just mentioned them all being an analog input and it just made it 10 x easier for me to understand which one would you recommend and of any specific website + including harnesss plug in + play ?
Amazon has several sources, so they're generally where I start.

They include the harness, so it's about as plug-n-play as you can hope for.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Wrathernaut, sir!

I just bought a 2004 G35 coupe and a PAC ISFM23, the Bluetooth adapter along with the antenna adapter, because the 21 has been discontinued. I'm trying to figure out exactly where some of these cables go; I understand the ground, but does the red wire go into the back of main power connector or somewhere else? Also, where do the antenna connectors go? In any of the videos I've seen, there don't seem to be any inputs or outputs for these connectors.

I haven't had a chance to take apart the dash and look at the stereo yet in person so that's probably part of the problem. I'm also not car or electrical savvy by any means, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Old 08-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by BlackKnoTT
Wrathernaut, sir!

I just bought a 2004 G35 coupe and a PAC ISFM23, the Bluetooth adapter along with the antenna adapter, because the 21 has been discontinued. I'm trying to figure out exactly where some of these cables go; I understand the ground, but does the red wire go into the back of main power connector or somewhere else? Also, where do the antenna connectors go? In any of the videos I've seen, there don't seem to be any inputs or outputs for these connectors.

I haven't had a chance to take apart the dash and look at the stereo yet in person so that's probably part of the problem. I'm also not car or electrical savvy by any means, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!
Since the factory radio has no AUX input, you'll need to go the wired FM modulator method. You will need to get the antenna adapters - Scosche NDKAB combo - to convert the diversity antenna plug that goes into the factory radio into the standard antenna plug that goes into the ISFM23, and then back from the standard antenna plug BACK into a diversity antenna plug.

Red just goes to any switched power connection - you can wire to the radio's power wire, or the back of the cigarette lighter. Ground can similarly go to the cigarette lighter's ground, or wired to the metal of the chassis.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:27 AM
hey wrathernaut I'm new here but you seem to be the all knowing man I'm just trying to get an aux cable hooked up to my 2005 coupe but after looking at this
Amazon.com : GROM Audio NIS02A1 for Select* Nissan Infiniti GROM Audio MP3 Smartphone Auxiliary Adapter Kit-SAT emulation : Electronics Amazon.com : GROM Audio NIS02A1 for Select* Nissan Infiniti GROM Audio MP3 Smartphone Auxiliary Adapter Kit-SAT emulation : Electronics
product homepage it says the unit must have SAT on it. Mine doesn't it has the PTY CAT button. Any suggestions?

Old 08-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by restrada
hey wrathernaut I'm new here but you seem to be the all knowing man I'm just trying to get an aux cable hooked up to my 2005 coupe but after looking at this Amazon.com : GROM Audio NIS02A1 for Select* Nissan Infiniti GROM Audio MP3 Smartphone Auxiliary Adapter Kit-SAT emulation : Electronics product homepage it says the unit must have SAT on it. Mine doesn't it has the PTY CAT button. Any suggestions?
There are only two radio variants in our cars per year (except early '03s): Bose and Non-Bose. The only thing that changes beyond that is the text on the button. Everything behind it is the same. It may cause a different function on the radio if you actually have a satellite adapter connected, but all the radios are the same. Don't worry about the labels. You have the button, it just may not say SAT on it.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Another noob question as I can't go through all 17 pages but will this dongle work on a 2003 Coupe with Bose for Bluetooth streaming from my Blackberry and where/what can I connect it to?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio